Very bad experience and the buyer threatening me

rupa16

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@misscrystal actually I am not directing anyone… I am just trying to figure out the solution… If you can solve it in proper way I will appreciate you… Sorry for any inconvenience…

@misscrystal actually I am not directing anyone… I am just trying to figure out the solution… If you can solve it in proper way I will appreciate you… Sorry for any inconvenience

Hi @shrajbhandari

Just don’t tag her because evrytime you write @xxxxx the message goes directly to that user.

@misscrystal actually I am not directing anyone… I am just trying to figure out the solution… If you can solve it in proper way I will appreciate you… Sorry for any inconvenience

Hi @shrajbhandari

Just don’t tag her because evrytime you write @xxxxx the message goes directly to that user.

@maitasun her reply was for me than definitely I have to reply for her isn’t it?

Yes, you are right in a sense but i don’t think that Fiverr is a buyer centric rather a very balanced marketplace. They do take action against buyers if it’s proved in their findings.

But, as a seller yes it’s better to spend energies on work rather on a buyer which is tough. As you can’t get always a winning situation. It’s a competitive marketplace. So, need to define strategies to best counter situation rather making it a show stopper.

Thanks

So are very wrong here fiverr is fully buyer centeric. I have faced some case let me me explain the worst one after that one i never contacted to support.

For one project i had milestone with client. So i compleyed first milestone and delivered bug client asked for more additional feature for same milestone. I told him that needs to be in new milestone because it was not discused in initial requirments. But he did not agree so i asked support for help they told me they can’t do anything and i have to convince buyer.

Order already reached deadline so somehow i was able to manage to convince buyer and marked order as comolete. Then i discussed with him additinal work will be charged. But he not agreed he just contacted support and they refunded him and cancelled the completed order. When i asked support they told me buyer was not satisfied and shared me the term and condition. I read all the term and conditions. There are only few conditios for cancel a completed order. And i didn’t met any so i copied all and send back to support and asked them to check everything in my account and tell me if any condition met.

But in response they give me same message buyer not satisfied and send me back the term and conditions again. I spend my entire month on that single project put all efforts and time. My next month was depend on that. So i borrowed money from my friends to survive in that month. It was happen many times when clients have done things like this and i didn’t got any support from fiverr. So now i never contact fiverr support.

I just contacted list time and requsted if they can pause timer when project delivered because client take time to review. He will check delivery when he want yo in three days. But our timer keep running.

Even on this they didn’t said that they may be consider this improving in future they just said they are following cirrent process and there is no help on this.

Everything you need to know to avoid any warnings or restrictions is listed in the Fiverr Terms of Service, linked at the bottom of every Fiverr page.

Please check my message above if you really think fiverr follow its own term and conditionsthey just do everything in favor of buyer. They cut 7 % extra from buyer end and 20 % from seller earning from order.

Even cut same amount on extra tip.

Thanks a lot for your thorough analysis of the situation and suggestions. Please let me know what should be the steps to be taken to prevent such cases and what if the buyer leave a very poor rating? Thanks

I’m so sorry. I find these things deter bad buyers:

Raising your prices

Including a very clear scope in your description: say how many pages, features, what setup duties are included, etc. Don’t leave any room for interpretation about what you will deliver. A lot of people try to manipulate you for extra or free work and a lot of people also just don’t understand the value, time and resources involved in what you’re doing.

Saying something in your description like: Early delivery only available upon purchase of the “Express Delivery” extra.

Writing in the description that you require approval for an order. Then you can have a discussion with the prospect when they message you and get a sense for what their expectations are and if they are unreasonable or sketchy. You need to approve the buyer’s expectations, not just their desired outcome, before they order.

Raising your prices

Including a very clear scope in your description: say how many pages, features, what setup duties are included, etc. Don’t leave any room for interpretation about what you will deliver. A lot of people try to manipulate you for extra or free work and a lot of people also just don’t understand the value, time and resources involved in what you’re doing.

Saying something in your description like: Early delivery only available upon purchase of the “Express Delivery” extra.

Writing in the description that you require approval for an order. Then you can have a discussion with the prospect when they message you and get a sense for what their expectations are and if they are unreasonable or sketchy. You need to approve the buyer’s expectations, not just their desired outcome, before they order.

Thanks for your valuable advice and information.

So are very wrong here fiverr is fully buyer centeric. I have faced some case let me me explain the worst one after that one i never contacted to support.

For one project i had milestone with client. So i compleyed first milestone and delivered bug client asked for more additional feature for same milestone. I told him that needs to be in new milestone because it was not discused in initial requirments. But he did not agree so i asked support for help they told me they can’t do anything and i have to convince buyer.

Order already reached deadline so somehow i was able to manage to convince buyer and marked order as comolete. Then i discussed with him additinal work will be charged. But he not agreed he just contacted support and they refunded him and cancelled the completed order. When i asked support they told me buyer was not satisfied and shared me the term and condition. I read all the term and conditions. There are only few conditios for cancel a completed order. And i didn’t met any so i copied all and send back to support and asked them to check everything in my account and tell me if any condition met.

But in response they give me same message buyer not satisfied and send me back the term and conditions again. I spend my entire month on that single project put all efforts and time. My next month was depend on that. So i borrowed money from my friends to survive in that month. It was happen many times when clients have done things like this and i didn’t got any support from fiverr. So now i never contact fiverr support.

I just contacted list time and requsted if they can pause timer when project delivered because client take time to review. He will check delivery when he want yo in three days. But our timer keep running.

Even on this they didn’t said that they may be consider this improving in future they just said they are following cirrent process and there is no help on this.

@rajinder_mohan

i had a buyer like that. I completed what he asked me to do. he added a new requirement, out of courtesy, i told him i was going to do that. I did that too. I delivered the work. He requested a revision and said I didnt finish. I asked what was left, He said I needed to fix something else that was dependent on his request. I politely told him that it wasnt part of his request. He became furious and sent a cancellation. I didnt have the energy to argue with him over peanuts. I still had the login credentials. I accepted the cancellation. BUt not without dealing with him in my own way. I am most certain he spent 10 folds more what he would have paid in the initial order to rectify the mess I did.

Raising your prices

You need to approve the buyer’s expectations, not just their desired outcome, before they order.

This is very true. …

@rajinder_mohan

i had a buyer like that. I completed what he asked me to do. he added a new requirement, out of courtesy, i told him i was going to do that. I did that too. I delivered the work. He requested a revision and said I didnt finish. I asked what was left, He said I needed to fix something else that was dependent on his request. I politely told him that it wasnt part of his request. He became furious and sent a cancellation. I didnt have the energy to argue with him over peanuts. I still had the login credentials. I accepted the cancellation. BUt not without dealing with him in my own way. I am most certain he spent 10 folds more what he would have paid in the initial order to rectify the mess I did.

I accepted the cancellation. BUt not without dealing with him in my own way. I am most certain he spent 10 folds more what he would have paid in the initial order to rectify the mess I did.

Don’t brag on what you did and don’t think of doing it again unless you want to get warned or even banned…

Give thanks to whatever you believe in, that the buyer didn’t report you to CS.

I accepted the cancellation. BUt not without dealing with him in my own way. I am most certain he spent 10 folds more what he would have paid in the initial order to rectify the mess I did.

Don’t brag on what you did and don’t think of doing it again unless you want to get warned or even banned…

Give thanks to whatever you believe in, that the buyer didn’t report you to CS.

Alright. i perfectly understand. But you see, some buyers are tricky and try to play a fast one.

I am not bragging. Some buyers deserve the worst unpleasant situations and i dont feel remorse in any way.

As for warnings and threats of ban. Life continues. It wont be the end of the world for me.

For me, fiverrr is fun and a playgrouund to hone up on my skills for my regular day job.

By the way, are you male or female? (I almost used the word bro, but then i figured cultures differ)

Alright. i perfectly understand. But you see, some buyers are tricky and try to play a fast one.

I am not bragging. Some buyers deserve the worst unpleasant situations and i dont feel remorse in any way.

As for warnings and threats of ban. Life continues. It wont be the end of the world for me.

For me, fiverrr is fun and a playgrouund to hone up on my skills for my regular day job.

By the way, are you male or female? (I almost used the word bro, but then i figured cultures differ)

By the way, are you male or female? (I almost used the word bro, but then i figured cultures differ

I see you put in your profile “Education: M.D. - Doctor Of Optometry”

For being an optometrist you have little care about your eye health, maybe asking a colleague to prescribe you glasses won’t do you any harm…

Once again, I suggest you to not be disrespectful with people and follow the rules. Of course, that, if you don’t want to get into trouble.

By the way, are you male or female? (I almost used the word bro, but then i figured cultures differ

I see you put in your profile “Education: M.D. - Doctor Of Optometry”

For being an optometrist you have little care about your eye health, maybe asking a colleague to prescribe you glasses won’t do you any harm…

Once again, I suggest you to not be disrespectful with people and follow the rules. Of course, that, if you don’t want to get into trouble.

@maitasun

Thanks for the suggestion. I will definitely consider it. You are far too kind.

I totally understand this and it do happen but i would say that it’s we (sellers) who need to devise ways to make things work smartly and keeping ourself save.

I would say time management and buyer management are two skills that are way more important then just providing great technical services. General practice of big order for milestone based payments are that you should convey prior to buyer that you’ll do everything on your server and deliver only when you reach out to last milestone.

On project initiation we do not pay much value to ‘Description’ / Offer message box. It should have all the terms on basis of which the project will be initiated. If you find that on first milestone buyer is creating problem but to not spend any further time and ask client to ask CS to cancel the order with the conditions that Seller and Buyer mutually agrees to cancel it.

Fiverr is a great marketplace with alot of opportunities. It’s not a good management approach putting all your eggs in one basket. If we don’t do things wisely and doesn’t prepare ourself for worse. No way to cry over split milk.

I really hope and very best of luck to you and i believe you have moved on. That’s all i wanted to convey 🙂

Thank you

Hi,

I had a very bad experience with a buyer. The job involves product uploading to the Shopify. The job is completed and we have to cancel the order due to the disagreement. But the buyer got all the job completed without any payment. I am fine with the cancellation but she is threatening me to complain about it by saying that I am dishonest throughout the process.

She kept insisting me to complete the job before the agreed timeline and I told her that the time is still there to complete the job in time and which I have taken care of. According to her, I have not completed the job within the timeline which I have done. I delivered the job with the proof by sending the screenshots and links of the job. But she sent the job for revision by saying that it is not fully completed. I again do a quick revision and sent her the proof of the completion of the job.

Then she started to show me some issues with the job and which I fixed asap and asked her if she needs anything else more. She did not answer for a day and a half. And I waited for her for the response so that I can deliver the job if she is satisfied. But after a day and a half, she kept insisting that the job is not perfectly done. The issue is the pics of the products are not in equal size. I informed her that I used the pics provided by her and nothing else. Also told her that we have not agreed to resize the pics at the starting of the job and there was no mention of it before starting the job. I have mentioned her this problem and asked her if she has any suggestions for that. And she stopped to talk about it.

After that, she started to tell me that the job is not completed in the timeline and I am dishonest and report it to Fiverr. and make request Fiverr restrict my account. I informed her that I have completed the job in the agreed deadline and all of sudden she sent me a cancellation request. I accepted it as I do not want to involve in a dispute as it will take my time and energy. The buyer got the job completed free. Now, I think that the buyer had the intention of getting it free and that’s why she started showing issues and threatened me. I am very scared that she threatened me to send the request to restrict me on Fiverr. I do not want to lose my account as I have done a lot of hard work to reach this stage. This is a very awkward situation. Should I contact CS?

Thanks,

rupa16

I am very scared

I feel sad reading this part.

So you did the job and now the order is cancel means you got nothing plus cancellation effects your gig.

All these

I recently face this problem and buyer threaten me to put a bad review and close my account.

The funny thing about this was. I was doing this in inbox section and the order was not even placed yet.

We did first order 3D modeling part and now the 2nd was animation so i thought it’s best to show preview first in inbox section so he can see in advance how it will look (Note: I don’t suggest do a free work so place an order first) In modeling gig it’s good that you can show a rough preview without sending 3D file. That way you can be sure that no one can use your file compare to other gigs like voice over or logo etc.

• 4 months later...

Yes you are absolutely right. Fiverr is fully buyer centric.

You cannot even see your order ratings without rating a buyer.

And then you see buyer gave you 2.3 stars and you already gave him 5 stars ratings with favorable comments. Lol irony

I’m always annoyed with clients like this.

But next time stand your ground and never accept cancellation when the job was done.

Now you SHOULD contact support team (even if you already agreed to cancel) and report her with a screenshots of threatening. And I would strongly advise to do so before she does so Fiverr Support will see both sides.

It is strictly against fiver TOS for buyers to blackmail sellers to get work for free and that’s what she did.

Don’t be afraid of customer support they usually help in this kind of cases. Don’t let that buyer take advantage of you.

But next time stand your ground and never accept cancellation when the job was done.

Nothing we can do in this case also because fiverr customer support is not much tech with every category and when customer shows some issue then support team consider it empty or partial delivery.So one thing that you can do is only cancellation in initial so you can save time and your effort.And if you will decline revision or cancellation request with showing some issue from buyer side then you get TOS warning only and the funds will returned to buyer.

And really it happened to me before 30 days and when i faced a scammer buyer like your buyer who threatened me to do extra free work without paying anyextra that i did some but declined later when he forced to do more extra.Then he started to blaming me for some issues and requested to cancel the order which i declined and also i contacted customer support in starting order time but they were sending me just copy pasted replies with having no help.

At the end after fight i just got TOS warning and buyer got completed work+two extra services

Archived