What is the vector file and source file?

mohoshin66

.AI is an editable vector file of adobe illustrator. .
IF a client says that you need to provide the source file … he means to have the .AI file of adobe illustrator …
JPEG, PNG are NOT vector files…
PSD is the editable file of adobe photoshop… ( photoshop doesn’t work with vectors … )
One way of giving a vector file … is you find an online converter and convert your work into an .AI extension … and deliver ( when i didn’t have illustrator i used to do the same )
Take care 🙂

.AI is an editable vector file of adobe illustrator. .

IF a client says that you need to provide the source file … he means to have the .AI file of adobe illustrator …

JPEG, PNG are NOT vector files…

PSD is the editable file of adobe photoshop… ( photoshop doesn’t work with vectors … )

One way of giving a vector file … is you find an online converter and convert your work into an .AI extension … and deliver ( when i didn’t have illustrator i used to do the same )

Take care 🙂

Thanks.You save me.

Sometime I see the buyer request and Many job proposal they need vector file or sometime they need source file and that’s why I confused about that.

• 1 year later...

hi
first
-vector file: its a type of file that dont lose his quality if you scale it up like Ai(adobe illustrator file), EPS, PDF, SVG.
in the other side there is JPEG and PNG ,if you scale up those filesthey will lose their quality and they are called raster file
second
-source file: like PSD file, it is a combination of many raster and vector files in layers that produce a one file that we want, like when you edit an image in photoshop ( you add some files and text, delete the background and bring up other image as new backgound and so on) all those files and text called source files(the source of the final image you get when you edit it)
hope that was informative
thanks
that’s my profile for more help: https://www.fiverr.com/beezign?up_rollout=true

Archived