Fiverr asked for id verification are they approve none english

clickbanksales

Yes, i’ve tried it on iphone (my passport is in english) still their system didn’t recognized. There is a post from a few days ago from a voiceover seller from USA that had the same problem.

I thought I was pretty clear. You have to take a picture of your drivers license, passport, etc. to continue working here. you have to own a smartphone, or it doesn’t work.It has to be a very crisp picture. You have to be able to do this without a flash and in low light (Your phone casts a shadow and most IDs are laminated and reflect light) New iphone or pixel phones can do this. 3)Older phones just don’t work (Been trying for days) 2 yr old LG phone not up to spec.This system is so p…

@top_seo_links How old is your iphone? Did you get a clear picture in good lighting on it?

There are sellers in less affluent areas that may not be able to afford a new iphone. Maybe they can borrow one hopefully for this.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it would be good to have someone from support to clarify more about the ID verification in this thread as many sellers have some doubts like me. Also, they should verify MANUALLY the ID’s from people which failed to verify more than 3 times instead of banning the account right away.

They don’t delete the data, there is an official article on their website that says that the data will be stored on some server. And for receipt or anything like that it don’t work. You have 14 days to verify and support don’t accept to review manually if you send the documents. It is only verified by an automated (and till now broke) system.

Their privacy policy says

How long do we keep your information?

[…]

• as long as it is necessary and relevant for our operations,

and you could argue that once the verification is done, they don’t need that information any longer, or at the least maybe only store the full real life name of the user (in case of potential future fraud attempts or whatever) but once the verification was successfully done, they’d not need to store photos of ID and the selfie.

Also, they should verify MANUALLY the ID’s from people which failed to verify more than 3 times instead of banning the account right away.

Of course they should. Or offer an alternative way of verification to sellers after 2 failed attempts like I suggested above, before it even gets to the ban (because - what happens with your order completion rate and such when they cancel your current orders, which is what would happen when they ban an account, I guess).

@top_seo_links How old is your iphone? Did you get a clear picture in good lighting on it?

There are sellers in less affluent areas that may not be able to afford a new iphone. Maybe they can borrow one hopefully for this.

I have an iphone 6s plus. Tried on a very bright room and take a very clear picture, and for some reason the system don’t recognize the document.

I have an iphone 6s plus. Tried on a very bright room and take a very clear picture, and for some reason the system don’t recognize the document.

@top_seo_links it possible to go outside into some brighter light to take it in natural light?

Did you try it for both the selfie and the ID card?

So your phone was released about 3 years ago. hmm :thinking:

And you have tried it twice and you only get three tries? It might be worth it to get a new phone for this. Your phone has an 8 MP camera and the new one has a 12 MP camera, which doesn’t seem like that much of a difference.

@top_seo_links it possible to go outside into some brighter light to take it in natural light?

And you have tried it twice and you only get three tries? It might be worth it to get a new phone for this. Your phone has an 8 MP camera and the new one has a 12 MP camera, which doesn’t seem like that much of a difference.

So your phone was released about 3 years ago.

The fact that you require a high-end smartphone (and the latest model) to make it work itself is just RIDICULOUS. Sellers should be able to do it with whatever smartphone they have (even with a 2 Megapixel camera, for example), provided they’re able to get a decent picture.

If this so-called “automated verification system” is just not up to standard, Fiverr should provide alternatives instead of indirectly asking their users to borrow a smartphone/cough up $600 (edited: changed from $1400 to $600; it doesn’t change my point) for a high-end smartphone just to take a photo.

This is the epitome of ridiculousness. 😖

So your phone was released about 3 years ago.

The fact that you require a high-end smartphone (and the latest model) to make it work itself is just RIDICULOUS. Sellers should be able to do it with whatever smartphone they have (even with a 2 Megapixel camera, for example), provided they’re able to get a decent picture.

If this so-called “automated verification system” is just not up to standard, Fiverr should provide alternatives instead of indirectly asking their users to borrow a smartphone/cough up $600 (edited: changed from $1400 to $600; it doesn’t change my point) for a high-end smartphone just to take a photo.

This is the epitome of ridiculousness. 😖

I just priced new iphones and can get one for about $600 if I sign up for a new carrier. I wish someone would report in that they tried it with a new iphone.

I open bank accounts online. They open it immediately. I don’t need to send them anything. The same with credit cards. I can see why they do it this way however since it’s an international site.

And you have tried it twice and you only get three tries? It might be worth it to get a new phone for this.

I’m very familiar with this exact system of ID verification. It is already used by cryptocurrency exchanges (which need to abide by strict KYC rules) several popular personal banking apps like Revolut, and some government agencies. In every case, it has taken me multiple attempts (and will likely take anyone multiple attempts) to complete the verification process. This is just because of how it works concerning lighting and having to hold your phone at a certain distance from your face.

In all of the examples above, I was never limited to just 3 attempts to verify my ID. That limit is ridiculous. As is the idea that anyone who uses Fiverr should now go out and buy the latest iPhone, so that Fiverr can have a selfie of them.

And you have tried it twice and you only get three tries? It might be worth it to get a new phone for this.

I’m very familiar with this exact system of ID verification. It is already used by cryptocurrency exchanges (which need to abide by strict KYC rules) several popular personal banking apps like Revolut, and some government agencies. In every case, it has taken me multiple attempts (and will likely take anyone multiple attempts) to complete the verification process. This is just because of how it works concerning lighting and having to hold your phone at a certain distance from your face.

In all of the examples above, I was never limited to just 3 attempts to verify my ID. That limit is ridiculous. As is the idea that anyone who uses Fiverr should now go out and buy the latest iPhone, so that Fiverr can have a selfie of them.

In all of the examples above, I was never limited to just 3 attempts to verify my ID.

Maybe fiverr will realize this is not feasable to get a good enough picture without several tries. (I was hoping I HAD to get a new iphone. I like that rose-gold one.)

My phone is plenty good enough for me, I’m fine to not try to verify in candle light but if it won’t work with my phone, I’ll expect a different way to verify. “New iPhone” is nonsense anyway, let’s hire someone to find out which camera model the person who tested that app used (and then buy shares of the company!) 😉 . Well, maybe it wasn’t tested. Else, they should have been a bit more generous with the amount of attempts.

In all of the examples above, I was never limited to just 3 attempts to verify my ID.

Maybe fiverr will realize this is not feasable to get a good enough picture without several tries. (I was hoping I HAD to get a new iphone. I like that rose-gold one.)

Maybe fiverr will realize this is not feasable to get a good enough picture without several tries.

Well, to put it in perspective, when I verify my identity using systems like this, the only way I have found that (usually) works involves:

• Bluetacking my passport (open at the identity page) to a white piece of A4 paper positioned directly under the light in my kitchen
  • Taking selfies in the bathroom with the bathroom and hallway light on, against the white tile background
  • Often still not being successful and having to redo to the process several times, because of shadows cast by phones themselves

This is why it would be nice to have Fiverr officially clarify what on Earth sellers are supposed to do when they use up all 3 verification attempts.

It’s like there is a huge disconnect between the part of Fiverr spamming people to by courses from Learn, the part of Fiverr saying “hey, use Elevate to start your business,” the part of Fiverr saying “we want to be the future of work” and the deafening reality of Fiverr where increasing numbers of sellers refuse to trust anything Fiverr says because of what should be non-issues like this.

Maybe fiverr will realize this is not feasable to get a good enough picture without several tries.

Well, to put it in perspective, when I verify my identity using systems like this, the only way I have found that (usually) works involves:

• Bluetacking my passport (open at the identity page) to a white piece of A4 paper positioned directly under the light in my kitchen
  • Taking selfies in the bathroom with the bathroom and hallway light on, against the white tile background
  • Often still not being successful and having to redo to the process several times, because of shadows cast by phones themselves

This is why it would be nice to have Fiverr officially clarify what on Earth sellers are supposed to do when they use up all 3 verification attempts.

It’s like there is a huge disconnect between the part of Fiverr spamming people to by courses from Learn, the part of Fiverr saying “hey, use Elevate to start your business,” the part of Fiverr saying “we want to be the future of work” and the deafening reality of Fiverr where increasing numbers of sellers refuse to trust anything Fiverr says because of what should be non-issues like this.

So three attempts is not enough then. Sounds like a further culling of the herd.

Maybe I will simply buy a high quality photographic lamp of some kind. One of those used for silk screening where they burn a piece of carbon and you go blind if you look at them.

Or it’s possible that 8 MP is simply not enough.

This sounds like a good idea, the white background. Lighting is so important in photos.

My account was restricted too. For people that don’t have ENGLISH documents they won’t verify your account. This is what I got DIRECT from support:

fiverrr

Only english IDs are accepted.

how is that?

here what the support told me about this

We only accept legal documents regardless of the language it issued, to verify please do so using your passport.

how is that?

here what the support told me about this

We only accept legal documents regardless of the language it issued, to verify please do so using your passport.

I showed this topic to the support agent and asked about that again, here is what he said after that:

english.jpg.0ad10f4447bb5644dc250c886633b532.jpg

Archived