How to charge more than $995?

masonico

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

but reality is that number of buyers ready to pay high may be a few while number of buyers paying moderate may be very large. Hence, practically it is a good option to complete multiple jobs.

So… Are you saying that it is better for the seller to charge less and run at a loss… rather than charge $5000 because their gig requires them to charge that amount so that they don’t run at a loss?

I don’t get it… How does that make sense? Feel free to elaborate.

After all target can be achieved!

I don’t think it is about achieving a target.

Let’s say a seller is offering a gig that requires them to put in 240 hours (30 days * 8 hours) of work and they have to invest in a certain number of consumables to get the work done. Let’s say that the cost of the consumables, as well as the work hours, comes up to $4,800 and the seller only nets a profit of $200 in the end. Do you still think the seller should charge less than $4,800 for the gig?

• Like 2

but reality is that number of buyers ready to pay high may be a few while number of buyers paying moderate may be very large. Hence, practically it is a good option to complete multiple jobs.

So… Are you saying that it is better for the seller to charge less and run at a loss… rather than charge $5000 because their gig requires them to charge that amount so that they don’t run at a loss?

I don’t get it… How does that make sense? Feel free to elaborate.

After all target can be achieved!

I don’t think it is about achieving a target.

Let’s say a seller is offering a gig that requires them to put in 240 hours (30 days * 8 hours) of work and they have to invest in a certain number of consumables to get the work done. Let’s say that the cost of the consumables, as well as the work hours, comes up to $4,800 and the seller only nets a profit of $200 in the end. Do you still think the seller should charge less than $4,800 for the gig?

Is it compulsory to accept the offer?

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

that number of buyers ready to pay high may be a few

Maybe the work the seller does is technically very demanding… and maybe the seller can find buyers who are willing to pay them $5,000.

I think we can leave the task of finding a buyer to the seller. If the seller is confident that they can find a buyer for their $5,000 gig, why do we have to worry about it? 🙂

compulsory to accept the offer?

It’s entirely up to the buyer. Accept it or not… it’s their prerogative. 🙂

that number of buyers ready to pay high may be a few

Maybe the work the seller does is technically very demanding… and maybe the seller can find buyers who are willing to pay them $5,000.

I think we can leave the task of finding a buyer to the seller. If the seller is confident that they can find a buyer for their $5,000 gig, why do we have to worry about it? 🙂

compulsory to accept the offer?

It’s entirely up to the buyer. Accept it or not… it’s their prerogative. 🙂

I have 3 offers, the first is for $500AU, the second is for A$1500 and the third is for A$5000.

The level of work required to complete offer no3 will take 10 to 14 days. It requires equipment calibrated to professional standards which clients demand. As a side note many of the people tough-ting professional services are not using calibrated professional equipment, a few are hence their. higher pricing. The $5000AU price is low compared to industry charges for the same service.

My question still remains how can i charge $5000Au for a package?

Thank you in advance for answering my question.

Masoico

I have 3 offers, the first is for $500AU, the second is for A$1500 and the third is for A$5000.

The level of work required to complete offer no3 will take 10 to 14 days. It requires equipment calibrated to professional standards which clients demand. As a side note many of the people tough-ting professional services are not using calibrated professional equipment, a few are hence their. higher pricing. The $5000AU price is low compared to industry charges for the same service.

Thank you in advance for answering my question.

Masoico

Your question has already been answered by @merciavideo in post # 3 of this thread.

Make a a custom offer which can be up to $5000

Once you find a customer, you could send them a custom offer (which goes up to $5,000).

The other option is to:

Apply for and successfully become part of the Pro sellers program.

I don’t know of any other way to directly price your gig(s) at $5,000.

• Like 1

Your question has already been answered by @merciavideo in post # 3 of this thread.

Make a a custom offer which can be up to $5000

Once you find a customer, you could send them a custom offer (which goes up to $5,000).

The other option is to:

Apply for and successfully become part of the Pro sellers program.

I don’t know of any other way to directly price your gig(s) at $5,000.

Thanks again for your time

• Like 1

Thanks again for your time

You could do it in stages of lessor amounts. I would be surprised if any buyers would spend $5000 here but I admire your ambition.

When you talk about charging an amount that high you are better off using an escrow service to protect yourself from fraud and disputes.

• 1 year later...

I’m glad you were able to get an answer on this question, I had the same issue. Not sure what the people commenting acting like that is a lot are talking about, if you’re doing video work, social media management, SEO, or a whole slew of other things it will EASILY be over $995. Maybe not for one off services like logos and such, but for monthly campaigns and content strategies you’re paying for an entire month of work not just a one off. Don’t under-sale yourselves guys! Your time is valuable. I’m only using Fiverr to expand my client base, but as you mentioned 3-5k a month for good services is often a steal depending on what you’re doing. As a reference, getting similar results with Adwords to what I do alone in organic SEO would cost around 28k/month to Google in pay-per-click campaigns but I’m able to run full service packages for under 3k that deliver the same results.

I think maybe their responses were just more from a one of simple service perspective, not elaborate designs and editing jobs or content creation packages.

I’m glad you were able to get an answer on this question, I had the same issue. Not sure what the people commenting acting like that is a lot are talking about, if you’re doing video work, social media management, SEO, or a whole slew of other things it will EASILY be over $995. Maybe not for one off services like logos and such, but for monthly campaigns and content strategies you’re paying for an entire month of work not just a one off. Don’t under-sale yourselves guys! Your time is valuable. I’m only using Fiverr to expand my client base, but as you mentioned 3-5k a month for good services is often a steal depending on what you’re doing. As a reference, getting similar results with Adwords to what I do alone in organic SEO would cost around 28k/month to Google in pay-per-click campaigns but I’m able to run full service packages for under 3k that deliver the same results.

I think maybe their responses were just more from a one of simple service perspective, not elaborate designs and editing jobs or content creation packages.

Don’t under-sale yourselves guys!

This 👆 is so important

I couldn’t find your profile on fiverr but if you are new you’ll find out that a lot of people in fiverr massively underselling their services. You can see people on the forum so desperate that they offer to build a complete app for 5$ or even begging here to give them work and do it for free (obviously they didn’t read fiverr TOS).

So with that kind of competition it’s also overwhelming for buyers to realise what is the real cost of professional services when they can get it for 5$. (We are not going to get into details about quality)

but for monthly campaigns and content strategies you’re paying for an entire month of work not just a one off

Fiverr doesn’t allow gigs to run longer than 30 days so mostly fiverr gigs set up for one off service with ability to place many orders (eg placing orders for 5-10 days campaigns etc)

• 5 months later...

I wanted to do this too. I believe in creating value for my clients, but for only 995$, I wanted to charge 3000 at least, so that’s just not worth it… So related to this, can i price my gig at 5$ and ask them to be sent a custom quote, as you are mentioning in the thread? Or would this not be allowed? Thanks again