Unhappy with edit and proofread

aelfwulf1

If you cancel, you will get your money back and be able to spend it on a seller more appropriate to your needs.

However, you will not be able to leave a review of the seller to warn others. Buyers cancelling poorly done orders may be why your seller has so many 5 star ratings.

Either way since you are not getting the quality you want, why not end your misery sooner than later.

Buyers cancelling poorly done orders may be why your seller has so many 5 star ratings

Which is one reason why I do not rely on sellers’ reviews alone whenever I hire people on Fiverr…

I can see someone not wanting to do unlimited revisions - but when I say please don’t delete paragraphs or chapters , don’t rearrange the sections , don’t add your own thoughts , don’t create your own title … then … don’t

Given what you’ve described here, I agree that you have only the two options - review and move on or go for a refund and not review. The thing is, someone else might want what this seller does but it sounds like this is not what you wanted. The seller is perhaps acting more as an editor (in your case unwanted) and because of the language difference, there may be communication issues that aren’t easy to spot.

If it were me in this situation as a buyer, I would probably not consider the work done correctly since there was an attempt to get the seller to just proofread and they continued to edit and re-format. I would probably try to cancel the order and get a refund if it were me. Then I would pursue an order with a different seller. If the seller refuses to cancel and they haven’t provided what you paid for, you can talk with Customer Support and see if they will cancel the order and give you a refund.

Reviews usually aren’t “self-generated” because a seller would have to have money to even try to fake more than one or two. It is possible that the seller has mainly worked with buyers who did not have strong English skills and were happy with what they received on a small budget. I usually also don’t rely heavily on any kind of interview, though I would ask some questions up front to see how the seller communications.

My method is to place small orders with sellers the first time I hire them. If I were to want many pages/words proofed I would first hire the seller to do a single chapter or article. Between purchased sample work and some communication, I can usually keep from spending a larger sum on something I won’t be happy with. I’ve purchased quite a bit on Fiverr and this has worked for me, though sometimes I can’t find someone in my budget range and I have to do work myself or save up until I can afford more.

No matter what you decide to do, good luck! There are good proofreaders on Fiverr, many are forum regulars.

Archived