Milestone Automatic Completion timeline? Buyer hasn't accepted delivery

joyh97

Hi!

I had a large order with a client (several hundred dollars), so I requested that we work in milestones.
I have delivered all the milestones, and communication with the client was good, but I delivered the final milestone on the 8th of January, and the buyer hasn’t accepted the delivery yet. I’m not actually concerned about this (at least not yet!), I’m just a bit confused- deliveries are supposed to be automatically accepted after 3 days if the buyer doesn’t request revisions, right?

So why has this not been automatically marked as complete? Do milestone orders work differently? Or are they marked as complete 3 days after the deadline (which for me would have been the 11th of January, but I delivered a few days early).

Thanks for your help!

• Like 4

From Fiverr’s Terms of Service:

“A milestone will be automatically marked as complete if no acceptance or request for modification were submitted within 8 days after marked as Delivered, however, in such case the order will be stopped and all further milestones will be cancelled.”

Since this was the final milestone, it should be fine, you just need to wait for 8 days after delivery.

• Like 5

• 2 years later...

hello i have one issue my first milestone is complete but not 2nd start yet because of my client get one issue.

This is what my client said (I tell you that I have problems paying the second payment, not because I do not have the money, but because my bank has a maximum amount allowed in international purchases and previously I had no problem because with the price of the dollar it was below the limit. The difference is very little, like $ 15, but it exceeds it. Having this problem, it charges a balance in Paypal, but for some reason that I do not know when paying in Fiverr with Paypal, it only shows me the alternative of payment with a credit card and not with the Paypal balance. I have talked to both of them and no solution. Maybe it's because of the amount. Is there any way to divide this installment into 2? or any other solution you can provide)

My client also talk with fiverr support but no solution.

i am worried if 2nd milestone not start my order is cencel?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tkcreator said:

i am worried if 2nd milestone not start my order is cencel?

https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360010560178

If for example, the Buyer decides to stop the order after four out of six Milestones have been delivered, the order will be updated to "completed," and you will receive the payment for four out of the six Milestones.

FAQ

1. When do the sellers get paid?

Sellers are paid once each milestone is completed. In the past, sellers were paid once an entire order was marked as completed, however, this is no longer the case and sellers are reimbursed per milestone in each order. 

• Like 1

I didn't really understand the payment issue your buyer seems to have, and if they are already in conversation with support, and they can't do anything, I doubt there's anything we here can do or say to help in that regard.

I just wanted to alleviate your worries about the order being cancelled. Going from Fiverr's article that I quoted, no, the order won't be cancelled:

"If for example, the Buyer decides to stop the order after four out of six Milestones have been delivered, the order will be updated to "completed," and you will receive the payment for four out of the six Milestones."

completed ≠ cancelled

As it's an example, in your case, if the buyer won't start Milestone 2, for some reason, the order should be updated to "completed", and you will receive the payment for the 1st Milestone.

Of course, in theory, if the buyer can't do anything with what you delivered as Milestone 1 if the other Milestones won't happen, and is unfair enough to blame you for it instead of their bank or Fiverr's payment processor, or whatever is causing their payment problem, they might do a chargeback to get the money for the first Milestone back, in which case, you can try to get Fiverr to reimburse you if they won't automatically, as seems to happen in some chargeback cases, based on the above quote. But cross that bridge if/when you get there.

(I tell you that I have problems paying the second payment, not because I do not have the money, but because my bank has a maximum amount allowed in international purchases and previously I had no problem because with the price of the dollar it was below the limit. The difference is very little, like $ 15, but it exceeds it. Having this problem, it charges a balance in Paypal, but for some reason that I do not know when paying in Fiverr with Paypal, it only shows me the alternative of payment with a credit card and not with the Paypal balance. I have talked to both of them and no solution. Maybe it's because of the amount. Is there any way to divide this installment into 2? or any other solution you can provide

the bank has its policies and you can only pay internationally $ 257.72 US dollars per day)

this is what my cleint said so my client want is that possible to divide the payment so then i pay you i am developer and the website is already completed no just client need to accept 2nd milestone and then accept that milestone.but my client limit to pay is $ 257.72 so is that possible to divide the milestone price and pay separately 

• 8 months later...

I had a order of 2200$ my client suggested to work in milestone. 1st milestone created on 1st april 2022 and delivery date was 8th april. I worked and delivered work ( design of app) on time. client checked and asked for 1 change. i did change and then he asked to send him original AI file of design. I send him and he opened a dispute to cancel the order after getting original file.I declined resolution and went to customer supoort.after that 10 days passed fiverr not cancel my order and nor auto complete. order is still in waiting for review. what should i do???