Your account was flagged for using the delivery button to send incomplete, partial, or an empty delivery

javaid_jr

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I got an order from a buyer for $5, first he placed the order and doesn’t fulfilled the requirements for the order. Then, I started conversation with the buyer about his requirements, I tried to contact him 10 times and he never responded about his actual requirements and I was running out but there were still 7 hours of time as well, so I decided to create an animation that suits his logo and delivered it to the client. My aim was not to complete the order without buyer’s satisfaction but I’m absolutely sure he doesn’t have the knowledge about fiver or he did all this with a purpose to flag my profile because (here is my message to the client while I delivered the animation) (Thanks again for your order! Your delivery is enclosed. If there are any problems or you want to change the animation, please inbox me first as my as there was very less time remaining for my delivery and I tried to contact you so many times, please let me know if you need any modifications. I’ll get back to you as soon as I can) at that time there were still more than 7 hours remaining for the delivery time) and he never responded back. Then, I saw his review 4 star and my rating got down to 4.9 for doing nothing wrong from my side and I still got penalized for my 2 years of hard working for five star rating with 100% client satisfaction. Does this mean that anybody can flag someone’s profile who has been working for years on fiver and will get suspended for just a $5 order? I have a family, kids, wife and I’m wholly dependent on fiver why should I do such a stupid thing which can lead to ruin my entire life.

Then I got the biggest shock of my life:

Hi javaid_jr,

Your account was flagged for using the delivery button to send incomplete, partial, or an empty delivery.
To provide a pleasant buyer/seller experience, we ask that you deliver the requested work within the agreed upon time frame. Abusing the delivery button is a violation of our Terms of Service and harms the integrity of our marketplace. We recommend changing your delivery time or extending the delivery time within the order (if you are unable to meet the deadline).

For more information, please review our Terms of Service.

This is your first warning. If you repeat this violation or continue to violate Fiverr’s TOS, your account will be suspended.

Can anyone tell me what to do now?

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I got an order from a buyer for $5, first he placed the order and doesn’t fulfilled the requirements for the order. Then, I started conversation with the buyer about his requirements, I tried to contact him 10 times and he never responded about his actual requirements and I was running out but there were still 7 hours of time as well, so I decided to create an animation that suits his logo and delivered it to the client. My aim was not to complete the order without buyer’s satisfaction but I’m absolutely sure he doesn’t have the knowledge about fiver or he did all this with a purpose to flag my profile because (here is my message to the client while I delivered the animation) (Thanks again for your order! Your delivery is enclosed. If there are any problems or you want to change the animation, please inbox me first as my as there was very less time remaining for my delivery and I tried to contact you so many times, please let me know if you need any modifications. I’ll get back to you as soon as I can) at that time there were still more than 7 hours remaining for the delivery time) and he never responded back. Then, I saw his review 4 star and my rating got down to 4.9 for doing nothing wrong from my side and I still got penalized for my 2 years of hard working for five star rating with 100% client satisfaction. Does this mean that anybody can flag someone’s profile who has been working for years on fiver and will get suspended for just a $5 order? I have a family, kids, wife and I’m wholly dependent on fiver why should I do such a stupid thing which can lead to ruin my entire life.

Hi javaid_jr,

Your account was flagged for using the delivery button to send incomplete, partial, or an empty delivery.

To provide a pleasant buyer/seller experience, we ask that you deliver the requested work within the agreed upon time frame. Abusing the delivery button is a violation of our Terms of Service and harms the integrity of our marketplace. We recommend changing your delivery time or extending the delivery time within the order (if you are unable to meet the deadline).

This is your first warning. If you repeat this violation or continue to violate Fiverr’s TOS, your account will be suspended.

As you mentioned above, requirements weren’t submitted, but you still decided to create and deliver the order. You should’ve requested cancellation instead of delivering the order. So, basically, you delivered incomplete work or something your buyer didn’t want.

Does this mean that anybody can flag someone’s profile who has been working for years on fiver and will get suspended for just a $5 order?

Not unless you make a mistake. You should’ve either requested “delivery time extension” or “cancellation”. From what I see, you got yourself warning instead of an $5 order cancellation.

I don’t think this will help but you may try. Get in touch with CS and request them to remove (I am not really sure if they can do that) warning from your account. You may explain them everything in a short and clear manner. A humble request might work. Please try to avoid mentioning things like:

I have a family, kids, wife and I’m wholly dependent on fiver why should I do such a stupid thing which can lead to ruin my entire life.

I really understand how bad this is for you but mentioning such things will make your message lengthy and may be they won’t pay much attention to your real reason and explanation. Try not to spam them with multiple messages.

Please remember that you actually made a mistake. Fiverr isn’t at fault here.

You may just keep doing good work and try not to make any mistake in future. Things will go back to normal.

You should only use a deliver button only to deliver real work that you’ve done for the customer. Otherwise, use a resolution centre.
In this case you delivered a fake delivery, that is why it happened.
Please read the Fiverr’s Terms and conditions, it will help you with this case and in future.

You should only use a deliver button only to deliver real work that you’ve done for the customer. Otherwise, use a resolution centre.

In this case you delivered a fake delivery, that is why it happened.

Please read the Fiverr’s Terms and conditions, it will help you with this case and in future.

I already have kept 2 mendatory questions for the buyer but it seen he was really bad with as i can show you his provided information as he ordered for an animation and asked for a logo. If I’d have choose order cancellation that would have also effected my profile order completion (demotion to level one seller) which lead to pause my gigs. It seems seller can’t do anything if a fake $5 buyer is trying to get his account suspended.

I already have kept 2 mendatory questions for the buyer but it seen he was really bad with as i can show you his provided information as he ordered for an animation and asked for a logo. If I’d have choose order cancellation that would have also effected my profile order completion (demotion to level one seller) which lead to pause my gigs. It seems seller can’t do anything if a fake $5 buyer is trying to get his account suspended.

So, its clear. You decided to violate fiverr’s ToS to avoid cancellation.

What’s bad? Account with level 1 badge or no account?

You could’ve contacted CS. From what I’ve heard and experienced, CS can cancel such orders without affecting your account’s status or level.

Hi Javaid. Bad things happen, but it’s not the end of the world, fortunately. 4.9 is still good and not below the threshold to see buyer requests, and you got a warning but you still have your account.

From a “normal person” perspective, it sounds as if your buyer overreacted and complained to Fiverr instead of asking for a revision and settling the issue with you, especially if they didn’t send any requirements, but you delivering without having had the necessary requirements in combination with what you wrote in your delivery message was a deep pass for a buyer to use as you should easily see when you read the terms, it’s easy to label what you did “improper usage of the delivery system”/“Order delivery manipulation”.

You never know what people will think or do, they may have had bad experiences with sellers who told them to “inbox them in case of any problems” to get the order to autocomplete and then refused to fix errors they made or whatever.

I don’t think it makes much sense to discuss whether you deserved that warning or not as it probably won’t help you, so, what should you do …

Try to stay on top of the site terms and to not violate any of them, especially if you and your family depend on Fiverr.

Don’t ever again deliver an order unless it’s complete.

Make sure it’s complete and the files went through (check if the files really appear on the delivery message after you sent it – if not, obviously, redeliver and try to attach them again, take a screenshot that shows your delivery message and the delivered attachments, just in case, there seems to be a delivery bug again, where sellers attach files but they don’t get through, see forum Bug Report category.)

Check your delivery message (wording) before you send it and ask yourself if it might lead to any kind of trouble, especially when it’s a buyer you don’t know.

If a case like this one happens again, don’t deliver. Use the resolution center to ask for a time extension and remind the buyer that you can’t work on their order unless they fulfil the requirements, or if needed/the buyer doesn’t react at all, request a cancellation, or contact support.

Maybe adjust your delivery times so you won’t run into late delivery problems if a buyer can’t reply for a while due to time zone differences or whatever.

Maybe also check if you can do anything to make it clearer for the buyer that they need to send you whatever you need already in your gig description, and also in your gig requirements (Are all your requirements ticked as mandatory? Can you tweak them in a way that makes it less possible that the order timer starts without the buyer submitting the requirements? For example, let them tick multiple choice questions instead of using free text where they can just type “hello please do my order fast thanks”, or let them attach a file with the info you need instead of just text – it depends on what your gig offers and what your requirements are, of course but try to find a way to make it less probable that people start the gig timer without submitting requirements.)

Read the Terms very thoroughly and take care to not violate any other terms too. There are people who for whatever reason believe that they have a right to three warnings before an account suspension. There is no such right. It’s completely up to Fiverr’s discretion if they give one, two, or three warnings, or none at all, before they suspend an account.

As you already have one warning now, better err on the side of caution from now on. Try to not let it stress you too much, think of your family and how it’s worth it to keep the rules in mind and all, but if in doubt, rather cancel or consult support before doing something you have a bad feeling about. A cancellation isn’t nice, sure, we all know that, but much better than a permanently suspended account.

Lastly, maybe work on having at least one other income stream, Fiverr is great but to completely rely on it for the whole family’s income is very risky, even if you do everything right. Good luck.

Hi Everyone,

Hi javaid_jr,

The delivery button is only for work that is 100% complete. If you need more time to do the job, click resolution center.

Empty deliveries are not allowed unless you’re delivering a web link, got paid to deliver advice, got the order as a tip (some still do that although it’s less common), etc.

Be happy you just got a warning.

Learn from this experience and don’t make the same mistake again.

Hi Javaid. Bad things happen, but it’s not the end of the world, fortunately. 4.9 is still good and not below the threshold to see buyer requests, and you got a warning but you still have your account.

From a “normal person” perspective, it sounds as if your buyer overreacted and complained to Fiverr instead of asking for a revision and settling the issue with you, especially if they didn’t send any requirements, but you delivering without having had the necessary requirements in combination with what you wrote in your delivery message was a deep pass for a buyer to use as you should easily see when you read the terms, it’s easy to label what you did “improper usage of the delivery system”/“Order delivery manipulation”.

You never know what people will think or do, they may have had bad experiences with sellers who told them to “inbox them in case of any problems” to get the order to autocomplete and then refused to fix errors they made or whatever.

I don’t think it makes much sense to discuss whether you deserved that warning or not as it probably won’t help you, so, what should you do …

Try to stay on top of the site terms and to not violate any of them, especially if you and your family depend on Fiverr.

Make sure it’s complete and the files went through (check if the files really appear on the delivery message after you sent it – if not, obviously, redeliver and try to attach them again, take a screenshot that shows your delivery message and the delivered attachments, just in case, there seems to be a delivery bug again, where sellers attach files but they don’t get through, see forum Bug Report category.)

Check your delivery message (wording) before you send it and ask yourself if it might lead to any kind of trouble, especially when it’s a buyer you don’t know.

If a case like this one happens again, don’t deliver. Use the resolution center to ask for a time extension and remind the buyer that you can’t work on their order unless they fulfil the requirements, or if needed/the buyer doesn’t react at all, request a cancellation, or contact support.

Maybe adjust your delivery times so you won’t run into late delivery problems if a buyer can’t reply for a while due to time zone differences or whatever.

Maybe also check if you can do anything to make it clearer for the buyer that they need to send you whatever you need already in your gig description, and also in your gig requirements (Are all your requirements ticked as mandatory? Can you tweak them in a way that makes it less possible that the order timer starts without the buyer submitting the requirements? For example, let them tick multiple choice questions instead of using free text where they can just type “hello please do my order fast thanks”, or let them attach a file with the info you need instead of just text – it depends on what your gig offers and what your requirements are, of course but try to find a way to make it less probable that people start the gig timer without submitting requirements.)

Read the Terms very thoroughly and take care to not violate any other terms too. There are people who for whatever reason believe that they have a right to three warnings before an account suspension. There is no such right. It’s completely up to Fiverr’s discretion if they give one, two, or three warnings, or none at all, before they suspend an account.

As you already have one warning now, better err on the side of caution from now on. Try to not let it stress you too much, think of your family and how it’s worth it to keep the rules in mind and all, but if in doubt, rather cancel or consult support before doing something you have a bad feeling about. A cancellation isn’t nice, sure, we all know that, but much better than a permanently suspended account.

Lastly, maybe work on having at least one other income stream, Fiverr is great but to completely rely on it for the whole family’s income is very risky, even if you do everything right. Good luck.

Thanks alot Miiila for your response and i will make sure that i won’t do that again in future as that may lead to suspend my account.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

As you mentioned above, requirements weren’t submitted, but you still decided to create and deliver the order. You should’ve requested cancellation instead of delivering the order. So, basically, you delivered incomplete work or something your buyer didn’t want.

Does this mean that anybody can flag someone’s profile who has been working for years on fiver and will get suspended for just a $5 order?

Not unless you make a mistake. You should’ve either requested “delivery time extension” or “cancellation”. From what I see, you got yourself warning instead of an $5 order cancellation.

I don’t think this will help but you may try. Get in touch with CS and request them to remove (I am not really sure if they can do that) warning from your account. You may explain them everything in a short and clear manner. A humble request might work. Please try to avoid mentioning things like:

I have a family, kids, wife and I’m wholly dependent on fiver why should I do such a stupid thing which can lead to ruin my entire life.

I really understand how bad this is for you but mentioning such things will make your message lengthy and may be they won’t pay much attention to your real reason and explanation. Try not to spam them with multiple messages.

Please remember that you actually made a mistake. Fiverr isn’t at fault here.

You may just keep doing good work and try not to make any mistake in future. Things will go back to normal.

Why fiverr added such feature or button “I have all the requirements and start order” then?

• 1 year later...

Please can you help me. I got an order related to social media virtual assistance, so now I haven’t any file to deliver. What should I do now when delivering the order?

Archived