Your Advice is Much Appreciated

kingkongdaisy18

Hey everyone!

I am new to Fiverr and have just put together a few gigs for my new profile. So far, I have received very few orders or views. I’ve revised my descriptions according to some brilliant advice in the forum and on Quara.com. But my business has not picked up yet.

Can anybody check out my profile and individual gigs and let me know what you think? I’d be grateful for any suggestion you offer to help improve my gigs. Here is the link to my profile: https://www.fiverr.com/kingkongdaisy18.

Thank you! I am looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

Hello,
You just joined last month and you have 7 reviews already, that is quite good in my opinion, I think you are at a good start, and your gigs are looking nice and professional to me.
Since I’m not an marketing expert I can’t really help you with that, but I’m sure you can find a lot of good sources/information online on how to od it.

Your gigs look nice and you already got orders, keep promoting your gigs. 🙂

Oftentimes, it’s not the gig itself that is hindering sales… it’s the lack of marketing that a seller does not choose to do. Have you been marketing and promoting your services to the target customers who need what you have to offer?

Kind of. I have advertised my gigs on LinkedIn and Facebook. Though my friends “liked” them and seemed fully supportive of what I am doing, I have not received a ton of orders from them. Do you recommend that I look into some other websites? Any ideas where I should go? Or, do you have any other marketing strategies in mind?

Thanks for you input! I appreciate it a great deal.

Hello,

You just joined last month and you have 7 reviews already, that is quite good in my opinion, I think you are at a good start, and your gigs are looking nice and professional to me.

Since I’m not an marketing expert I can’t really help you with that, but I’m sure you can find a lot of good sources/information online on how to od it.

Your gigs look nice and you already got orders, keep promoting your gigs. 🙂

Thank you! I am thankful that you took the time to check out my profile and said nice things about my Gigs. I feel much more confident now.

Thank you! I am thankful that you took the time to check out my profile and said nice things about my Gigs. I feel much more confident now.

I’m not sure how effective FB and LinkedLn is, but maybe you can let your friend’s parents/their coworkers know about your work? Or ask your friends to spread the word??

I’m guessing a lot of your friend’s parents and their friends will need your translation skills.

Not sure if this helps, but it can be a start.

Kind of. I have advertised my gigs on LinkedIn and Facebook. Though my friends “liked” them and seemed fully supportive of what I am doing, I have not received a ton of orders from them. Do you recommend that I look into some other websites? Any ideas where I should go? Or, do you have any other marketing strategies in mind?

Thanks for you input! I appreciate it a great deal.

I have advertised my gigs on LinkedIn and Facebook. Though my friends “liked” them and seemed fully supportive of what I am doing, I have not received a ton of orders from them. Do you recommend that I look into some other websites? Any ideas where I should go? Or, do you have any other marketing strategies in mind?

It would seem that your target customers are not located on LinkedIn or Facebook. While it is certainly nice to have your friends on social media support what you do, those friends are not your target customers. Those friends are not the source of your income, nor what will make your business a success. You need to promote your services wherever your target customers are located. And in order to do that, you are going to have to determine, study, and engage with those target customers – whomever you determine them to be.

There is no single answer that immediately translates into sales. You are here on Fiverr because you wish to run a freelance business. In order to make that work, you’re going to have to start thinking like a businesswoman. Who are your customers? Where do they hang out? What are their needs? And how can YOU solve those needs?

Once you figure these things out, and determine the answers that are unique to YOU and YOUR business, then you’ll be on the path to earning orders. Be creative. Be determined. And be willing to work very, very hard. Business is not easy, and, in all honesty, it’s probably a great deal harder for freelancers like those of us making a living here on Fiverr.

I wish I had the kind of simple answers that you seek, alas, however, there are none. You are going to have to do the research and develop creative strategies that work for YOU. How I, or any of the other long-term sellers here on Fiverr, have earned our success, is not going to be the same for you. Every business is different. Every customer base is different. What do your customers need, and how can you solve those needs with the services you offer?

While there are a lot of things that hinder the success of people, the biggest blockage is the lack of resourcefulness. And this usually comes from the brain freeze caused by making things too complicated.

“Marketing? Blog articles? Facebook groups? Pinterest? LinkedIn? Where, what, who?!”

Take a breather, things don’t have to be this way. In fact, if you want to succeed, you have to simplify it. Let me explain why.

Your gigs and profile are awesome, I would order from you. Clearly, that’s not a problem. The problem is where and how you market yourself. The bad news is that most people get stuck here. The good news is that is way simpler than it sounds.

First, you can’t and you won’t be able to master all social media platforms and all the places where your audiences hangs on. You’d have to choose 2 or 3 places where you are going to take action and stick with them. There’s no magic formula, choose what attracts you. Digging about where your audience is simple if you put yourself in their shoes. They are people (hopefully 👽), and like all people they use Google to search answers regarding the problems that they have. Back tracking where they go to find answers will give you the golden places where a problem solver like you should be. Think like the girl scout that went to college campuses where they smoked MJ. Be where demand is. This has to be your process, because that’s the only way you will get better at this.

After you find these places, the last and most important step is to take daily actions. Because you see, nothing beats the good old discipline. There’s a reason why armies impose discipline: that’s what making you deadly effective. When you go out there and deposit effort on a daily basis, your results will compound and grow exactly like a wall that you build by laying down at least one brick every day. Sooner than you will notice, you will have a wall.

It doesn’t matter what you do once in a while, what you do daily builds your life. The rule is that 20% of what you can do provide 80% of the results you want. Highly productive people don’t do everything, they just focus on that 20%.

20% which btw should include buyer’s request, because that’s the easiest available golden place to be as a problem solver. I got some of my biggest orders from buyer’s request, so don’t lose this opportunity.

If you make a list with 3 or 4 things that you can do everyday to promote yourself and discipline yourself to do them daily, the results in time will amaze you. That’s what I do when I don’t have orders: focus 💯 on promoting myself.

Do these simple things every day, and I guarantee you that you will get the success you want. Friends and family are cute and lovely, but they are not business success. Only your daily habits can be your business success. 🙂

Good luck!

I’m not sure how effective FB and LinkedLn is, but maybe you can let your friend’s parents/their coworkers know about your work? Or ask your friends to spread the word??

I’m guessing a lot of your friend’s parents and their friends will need your translation skills.

Not sure if this helps, but it can be a start.

I started to get in touch with a couple of friends and they were surprised to know that I even have this side hustle, despite the fact that I advertised my gigs on FB and LinkedIn. I guess it won’t hurt to bring it up when I hang out with friends next time or meet an extended network of acquaintances. Thanks!

I have advertised my gigs on LinkedIn and Facebook. Though my friends “liked” them and seemed fully supportive of what I am doing, I have not received a ton of orders from them. Do you recommend that I look into some other websites? Any ideas where I should go? Or, do you have any other marketing strategies in mind?

It would seem that your target customers are not located on LinkedIn or Facebook. While it is certainly nice to have your friends on social media support what you do, those friends are not your target customers. Those friends are not the source of your income, nor what will make your business a success. You need to promote your services wherever your target customers are located. And in order to do that, you are going to have to determine, study, and engage with those target customers – whomever you determine them to be.

There is no single answer that immediately translates into sales. You are here on Fiverr because you wish to run a freelance business. In order to make that work, you’re going to have to start thinking like a businesswoman. Who are your customers? Where do they hang out? What are their needs? And how can YOU solve those needs?

Once you figure these things out, and determine the answers that are unique to YOU and YOUR business, then you’ll be on the path to earning orders. Be creative. Be determined. And be willing to work very, very hard. Business is not easy, and, in all honesty, it’s probably a great deal harder for freelancers like those of us making a living here on Fiverr.

I wish I had the kind of simple answers that you seek, alas, however, there are none. You are going to have to do the research and develop creative strategies that work for YOU. How I, or any of the other long-term sellers here on Fiverr, have earned our success, is not going to be the same for you. Every business is different. Every customer base is different. What do your customers need, and how can you solve those needs with the services you offer?

Thank you for your extensive response! I agree with you through and through, particularly your point about doing research about my clientele and determining marketing strategies accordingly. Will do. Thanks!

While there are a lot of things that hinder the success of people, the biggest blockage is the lack of resourcefulness. And this usually comes from the brain freeze caused by making things too complicated.

“Marketing? Blog articles? Facebook groups? Pinterest? LinkedIn? Where, what, who?!”

Take a breather, things don’t have to be this way. In fact, if you want to succeed, you have to simplify it. Let me explain why.

Your gigs and profile are awesome, I would order from you. Clearly, that’s not a problem. The problem is where and how you market yourself. The bad news is that most people get stuck here. The good news is that is way simpler than it sounds.

First, you can’t and you won’t be able to master all social media platforms and all the places where your audiences hangs on. You’d have to choose 2 or 3 places where you are going to take action and stick with them. There’s no magic formula, choose what attracts you. Digging about where your audience is simple if you put yourself in their shoes. They are people (hopefully 👽), and like all people they use Google to search answers regarding the problems that they have. Back tracking where they go to find answers will give you the golden places where a problem solver like you should be. Think like the girl scout that went to college campuses where they smoked MJ. Be where demand is. This has to be your process, because that’s the only way you will get better at this.

After you find these places, the last and most important step is to take daily actions. Because you see, nothing beats the good old discipline. There’s a reason why armies impose discipline: that’s what making you deadly effective. When you go out there and deposit effort on a daily basis, your results will compound and grow exactly like a wall that you build by laying down at least one brick every day. Sooner than you will notice, you will have a wall.

It doesn’t matter what you do once in a while, what you do daily builds your life. The rule is that 20% of what you can do provide 80% of the results you want. Highly productive people don’t do everything, they just focus on that 20%.

20% which btw should include buyer’s request, because that’s the easiest available golden place to be as a problem solver. I got some of my biggest orders from buyer’s request, so don’t lose this opportunity.

If you make a list with 3 or 4 things that you can do everyday to promote yourself and discipline yourself to do them daily, the results in time will amaze you. That’s what I do when I don’t have orders: focus 💯 on promoting myself.

Do these simple things every day, and I guarantee you that you will get the success you want. Friends and family are cute and lovely, but they are not business success. Only your daily habits can be your business success. 🙂

Good luck!

focus 💯 on promoting myself.

You’d have to choose 2 or 3 places where you are going to take action and stick with them.

The rule is that 20% of what you can do provide 80% of the results you want.

Thank you, manucornel, for sharing your wisdom! I cannot quote every single sentence since there are simply too many of them. They are gold!

You are absolutely right about the importance of self-promotion! It is something I am not very good at and tring to improve. I also found it quite smart to focus on 2 to 3 platforms. I have to think a bit more about where to start but I like that idea a great deal. Your point about being disciplined is also spot-on. Once I figure out what platforms work best for my Gigs, I will be committed to them selectively.

Thank again for your kindness and willingness to help!

Archived