Should buyers be rated with feedback like on Ebay?

hotwebideas

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Great idea friend. Buyers also should have some ratings and they must be visible to other sellers. because i know some buyers just buy gigs then act like they don’t know what they have ordered what we have delivered and then ask for refunds and leave negative feedback.

at least there should be a little rating box mentioning how many positive feedback he gave, how many negatives, how many gigs without giving feedback and how many refunds

Guest zulualpha

Actually you can’t leave negative feedback for a buyer on eBay - several years ago you could, but you haven’t been able to for a while. As a seller on eBay I was not a fan of it, but they did it to compete with sites like Amazon and ultimately everyone just got used to the change. Sometimes you have customers who are royal pains, but at the end of the day you’re selling on a website that is mainly designed to cater to the buyer, rather than the seller.

On fiverr, I’m not a fan of the idea of having a feedback page for buyers, simply because I like what I buy to be anonymous to the rest of the world. I don’t want everything I’ve bought listed along with my name. A percentage score maybe, or a star rating would be fine as long as there isn’t a list of all the sellers I’ve bought from and the gigs I’ve purchased.

I am on the fence on this one. I suppose that if a buyer was collecting bad ratings they would simply open up another account. (Can they open up another account?) Then you have retaliation. It is my understanding that a buyer can change the rating they have given a seller. If you as a seller give a bad rating to a buyer they may go back and change their rating. Then the ratings overall would not mean as much. All we would end up with is revenge ratings.

Please correct me if I am wrong about buyers being able to go back and change the rating they had already given.

Guest tn5rr2012

e bay was really fun in the beginning but when they became to big for their britches I jumped ship, I like fiverr simple yet profitable!

Archived