Point me in the right direction(s)?

shizune

I am not sure if this is morally correct, and if not please do remove this post fiverr seniors

what i would like to ask the fiverr community is if there are other sites like these that allow to sell your work? I am not asking for the fiverr concept but rather a concept where you can upload your work and if it is chosen you can make sales. basically, something i can go on in my own time and upload work with no deadlines per say.

thanks and i do hope i haven’t offended fiverr or broken any rules.

cheers

@shizune

Hi and welcome.

If you ask others in your niche and do your due diligence, you will find other freelance sites dedicated exclusively to your niche. Some are good, others not so much.

The good ones can be $300 or more per year, and you still have to do all the grunt work, plus all the outside promoting and marketing. There are dozens in my niche alone.

Some have bidding systems where you bid against other sellers, greatly reducing your odds of actually getting a project, and finally getting it a very low rate.

Some have “audition” functions, where Buyers ask multiple Sellers to audition or submit samples for a project.

Look around, the Internet is littered with them.

Good luck! 🙂

• 4 weeks later...

thank you all, I see the relevance of what you guys are saying esp with regard to duplicate fiverr sites (i have visited them and i ran pretty quick…can you say seedy??)

but yes, i guess fiverr has worked out so well for me i was looking for any similar sites i have a lot to offer and at times, my fiverr hits a little dry patch in which time i wouldn’t mind seeing to other accounts.

thank you for the feedback. this was my first discussion and you guys have been lovely 🙂

shizune said: I am not asking for the fiverr concept but rather a concept where you can upload your work and if it is chosen you can make sales

Do a Google search for "stock Illustration", "stock images" etc.. I think that's more what you're asking for. Many stock agencies do not charge a membership/subscription fee, they take a percentage when your files sell. You can simply create an account and upload your ORIGINAL work.

Many of these sites have high standards and require quality work, so put your best pieces on these sites. You can also get some publicity for your commercial work by submitting a few images to free image websites - just make sure to use the same name and link to your paying work.

• 1 month later...

Archived