Word Catterpillar Game 🐛

vickiespencer

Acai Berries

Arnacini aka Italian rice balls. They can be stuffed with cheese, meat or veggies. @pacquo do you make these? My son makes very tasty ones.

@maitasun I have not seen Yucca in the stores here. It kind of looks like sweet potatoes. (Which are not sweet)

@maitasun I have not seen Yucca in the stores here.

Maybe you can find it by “mandioca” or “casava (?)”

For us, casabe is the tortilla made from yuca.

casabe.jpg.cb70ce23ed153c841613f29dedbc02a8.jpg

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Acai Berries

Arnacini aka Italian rice balls. They can be stuffed with cheese, meat or veggies. @pacquo do you make these? My son makes very tasty ones.

@maitasun I have not seen Yucca in the stores here. It kind of looks like sweet potatoes. (Which are not sweet)

Arnacini

I have eaten Arancini… They’re rice balls, too. Maybe it is just a spelling variant 🙂

@maitasun Yuca AKA tapioca is awesome! I have had them in the form of chips as well as bubble tea (the “bubble” pearls are made of yuca root powder).

Cassava and Yuca, although extremely similar, are not the same. They’re just a different variety of the same plant, I think (like sweet corn and dent corn). Tapioca is another name for Yuca. 🙂 Some people say cassava, tapioca, and yuca are all one and the same. :woozy_face:

Arnacini

I have eaten Arancini… They’re rice balls, too. Maybe it is just a spelling variant 🙂

@maitasun Yuca AKA tapioca is awesome! I have had them in the form of chips as well as bubble tea (the “bubble” pearls are made of yuca root powder).

Cassava and Yuca, although extremely similar, are not the same. They’re just a different variety of the same plant, I think (like sweet corn and dent corn). Tapioca is another name for Yuca. 🙂 Some people say cassava, tapioca, and yuca are all one and the same. :woozy_face:

@maitasun Yuca AKA tapioca is awesome! I have had them in the form of chips as well as bubble tea (the “bubble” pearls are made of yucca root powder).

Cassava and Yuca, although extremely similar, are not the same. They’re just a different variety of the same plant, I think. Tapioca is another name for Yuca. 🙂 Some people say cassava, tapioca, and yuca are all one and the same. :woozy_face:

Yes, right, Tapioca is another name for yuca. Thanks for reminding me 😃 I was trying to remember but I couldn’t succeed :frowning_face: My mind is tired, I’ve been very busy 😣

Ahhhh, those bubbles in broth 😍

@maitasun Yuca AKA tapioca is awesome! I have had them in the form of chips as well as bubble tea (the “bubble” pearls are made of yucca root powder).

Cassava and Yuca, although extremely similar, are not the same. They’re just a different variety of the same plant, I think. Tapioca is another name for Yuca. 🙂

Yes, right, Tapioca is another name for yuca. Thanks for reminding me 😃 I was trying to remember but I couldn’t succeed :frowning_face: My mind is tired, I’ve been very busy 😣

Ahhhh, those bubbles in broth 😍

Ahhhh, those bubbles in broth

Yep… Bubble teas have become extremely popular nowadays cuz of the Taiwanese trend. There are many baristas and bubble tea kiosks in Germany as well as Switzerland that serve bubble teas 🙂

Ahhhh, those bubbles in broth

Yep… Bubble teas have become extremely popular nowadays cuz of the Taiwanese trend. There are many baristas and bubble tea kiosks in Germany as well as Switzerland that serve bubble teas 🙂

Bubble teas have become extremely popular nowadays cuz of the Taiwanese trend

Interesting, I didn’t know Taiwanese ate yuca 😳

@maitasun I have not seen Yucca in the stores here.

Maybe you can find it by “mandioca” or “casava (?)”

For us, casabe is the tortilla made from yuca.

casabe

casa be

Bearded Clam

image.jpg.54ce1ef940579f9eb932a18b63d904b4.jpg
  • 1 1/2 oz. Hibiscus Coconut Rum
  • 10 Mint Leaves
  • 4 Lime Wedges
  • 1 oz. Red Passion Fruit Syrup
  • 1 oz Simple Syrup
  • 2 oz. Soda Water
  • Raspberries

Muddle mint leaves (save two for garnish), lime, Hibiscus Coconut Rum and syrups in cocktail shaker, add ice and shake until metal frosts. Pour entire contents into double old fashioned glass, top with soda and garnish with mint and a few raspberries. * This cocktail is adapted from the recipe book, Liquid Vacation: 77 Refreshing Drinks from Frankie’s Tiki Room in Las Vegas. Arguably one of the best tiki cocktail books in print.

casa be

Bearded Clam

• 1 1/2 oz. Hibiscus Coconut Rum
  • 10 Mint Leaves
  • 4 Lime Wedges
  • 1 oz. Red Passion Fruit Syrup
  • 1 oz Simple Syrup
  • 2 oz. Soda Water
  • Raspberries

Muddle mint leaves (save two for garnish), lime, Hibiscus Coconut Rum and syrups in cocktail shaker, add ice and shake until metal frosts. Pour entire contents into double old fashioned glass, top with soda and garnish with mint and a few raspberries. * This cocktail is adapted from the recipe book, Liquid Vacation: 77 Refreshing Drinks from Frankie’s Tiki Room in Las Vegas. Arguably one of the best tiki cocktail books in print.

Be arded Clam

Oh my… Clamsssssss!!! 😍

clams.jpg.b759b2c798040fecd50ad618468062f2.jpg

BTW your bearded clam looks fab!!! I have never try it, I think I will 😉

I have come with mango jelly! have one spoon with your bread! 😛

Hi @ayesha570, nice you joined all of us! 😃

The game goes like this: You have to post something that starts with the last letter or letters of the previous post. For example: If the post before you ends with “N”, you post something that starts with “N” like “nuts”. My post was “dates” so you can post something that starts with “S” or “ES” or “TES”.

Please try again 😃

Hi @ayesha570, nice you joined all of us! 😃

The game goes like this: You have to post something that starts with the last letter or letters of the previous post. For example: If the post before you ends with “N”, you post something that starts with “N” like “nuts”. My post was “dates” so you can post something that starts with “S” or “ES” or “TES”.

Please try again 😃

Thank you @maitasun. now got it!

And take s for sweet! 😊

received_225341994995480.thumb.jpeg.fbd48759e1431d383c8b139756f42aa6.jpeg

Friday is good for night dates but THIS Dates 😅

dates

PS: Vickie, how’s the catterpillar nesting? Have we got another one to hatch? We’re almost reaching 300 posts and when in there, I’m afraid Mrs. @fonthaunt will come up with her lock 😢

PS: Vickie, how’s the catterpillar nesting? Have we got another one to hatch? We’re almost reaching 300 posts and when in there, I’m afraid Mrs. @fonthaunt will come up with her lock 😢

If she does, that will mean the caterpillar hatched into a 🦋

s for sweet! 😊

Sweet

Tiramisu

image.jpg.2ab45e894506e20185dc5c05eec59689.jpg

Acai Berries

Arancini aka Italian rice balls. @pacquo do you make these?

🍊 No, it’s a sicilian recipe that I’ve never tried 😊

Dry Martini

Icelandic Style Yogurt is the creamiest yogurt you will find in the store.

Icelandic Style Yogur t is the creamiest yogurt you will find in the store.

I’ve had Greek, Aussie, French, and oodles of “American” yogurts, but none rivals Icelandic skyr. Besides maybe milk kefir which I don’t think counts as yogurt…

At this point, this thread interests me more for the food than the game.

Arancini aka Italian rice balls. @pacquo do you make these?

🍊 No, it’s a sicilian recipe that I’ve never tried 😊

Interesting, my mom-in-law was from Naples and she made them often.

Yes, I especially like seeing the foods of other countries. My Italian aunt used to make stuffed cow tongue and I see in Iceland goat face is a delicacy but I was worried the pictures would be too much for some.

Milk Kefir

Today I made Molasses Cookies My mother made such delicious ones.

image.jpg.0e7e1deb02c0c7065e25b21da2d1bee6.jpg

If she does, that will mean the caterpillar hatched into a 🦋

s for sweet! 😊

Sweet

Tiramisu

Hello Tiramisu. Allow me to introduce you to Ube Tarts.

image.jpg.1538fbec3c4c31614ee04e5f226db961.jpg

Oh there’s an S. Um… Spiced Rum

image.png.bc8ed5dccf845d5f6f4682e4cb7dab07.png

Oh there’s an S. Um… Spiced Rum

What a lovely color for food to have.

Spiced Rum

And we are back to M.

Mulled Wine Cocktail sounds wonderful now. I could use something hot to drink.

image.jpg.b70565c1e6bdc8d07f6024e4aa401e01.jpg

What a lovely color for food to have.

Spiced Rum

And we are back to M.

It’s pretty hot 🔥.

Take your pick…

Interesting, my mom-in-law was from Naples and she made them often.

Yes, I especially like seeing the foods of other countries. My Italian aunt used to make stuffed cow tongue and I see in Iceland goat face is a delicacy but I was worried the pictures would be too much for some.

Milk Kefir

Today I made Molasses Cookies My mother made such delicious ones.

😉

I’ts made out of corn flour and mixed with water and salt. Can be fried or cooked over a flat pan and eaten alone or filled with whatever you like (ham, cheese, scrambled eggs, etc).

arepa.jpg.f2c9e0ae47c307f8160048ec8fa28fc4.jpg

My Italian aunt used to make stuffed cow tongue

Spanish cooking includes tongue, brains, liver, kidney, heart and I love them all, in all ways and styles 😃

Ok, so today… some Arepa for breakfast 😉

I’ts made out of corn flour and mixed with water and salt. Can be fried or cooked over a flat pan and eaten alone or filled with whatever you like (ham, cheese, scrambled eggs, etc).

arepa

My Italian aunt used to make stuffed cow tongue

Spanish cooking includes tongue, brains, liver, kidney, heart and I love them all, in all ways and styles 😃

“Apple Cider Vinegar”…(Good for Health and Beaty)

“Apple Cider Vinegar”…(Good for Health and Beaty)

“Apple Cider Vinegar”

Thank you, for posting a word with “R” I have been wanting to share this.

Rommegrot a Norwegian pudding made with butter, flour, cream, and salt. It can also be made using milk, but cream is so much tastier. It is served with cinnamon and sugar. Some like to ad nutmeg and butter too. 😋

image.jpg.a7823e42637759b71749357c03cc6dee.jpg

“Apple Cider Vinegar”

Thank you, for posting a word with “R” I have been wanting to share this.

Rommegrot a Norwegian pudding made with butter, flour, cream, and salt. It can also be made using milk, but cream is so much tastier. It is served with cinnamon and sugar. Some like to ad nutmeg and butter too. 😋

…T…

“Tofu” (Wow…“u”…new alphabet!)

Mod Note: U did a great job! Even if kitchen/food has been worked hard, perhaps someone will start a new caterpillar with a new theme. 🎲

Archived