My best tip for return buyers

barrelofmonkeys

Quality is key!
I know for me, if I’m going to do a voice over for someone, I’m already tempted to just record and be done. But what I’ve learned is, if I do that, I won’t ever have that seller return. So every time I’m recording for someone, I do it like it’s for like Cartoon Network or Nickelodeon. I do my very best for them and I’ve had return buyers because of it.
So point being, don’t go cheap, bring each buyer the best quality you can possibly get them and you’ll have return customers

That’s also what I do in general but there is a problem with that. I mean when you get a gig order of 5$ for a work that is worth 25$ how much more effort you will input?

Even if that customer returns and still pays you 5$ it’s better to find a customer who is at least willing to pay you somewhat close in value to the service you provide.

I had 1 customer who was returning buyer like 7-8 times but I couldn’t effort it anymore and I kindly rejected to continue working for that customer.

I would say yes if you get paid worth the service, do. Go the extra mile! But if you are waaaay underpaid just deliver exactly what you promised in yoru service. Nothing less and nothing more.

That’s my oppinion based on past experience.

• 3 weeks later...

Bring quality and communication!

If you give your customers high quality content, they’ll likely want to come back and order more often.

Communication is pretty big here. Getting to know exactly what they want is huge, especially with my voice overs. So talking to them first is super helpful and you get that connection with them too. Get to know them

Guest merciavideo

message them occasionally to see how they are and if they have any new projects you can help with. That’ll get you on their mind when one does come up

That could also get you banned for spamming previous clients. Communication with a buyer ends when you deliver your order, unless they message you first. 

On 1/2/2019 at 12:57 PM, merciavideo said:

That could also get you banned for spamming previous clients. Communication with a buyer ends when you deliver your order, unless they message you first.

And that’s why I strongly prevented myself from greeting my buyers for the season… 😢

Maybe they will think I’m badly educated, maybe not and just don’t mind, but I didn’t want to play with fire 😩 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Take pride in your work!
It may be a tough job initially, especially say for me with voice acting. I wasn’t initially perfect but I do everything I can to get the best product to my buyer. If I don’t like a small snippit in a recording, I redo it until it’s right. If the sound isn’t loud enough, I fix it. I don’t settle for mediocre. When you do that, your buyer recognizes it and really sees your passion, love and drive you have and will come back without you having to haggle or message or bother them. Quality is a loud spokesman if you give it time to get its words out.

On 5/13/2019 at 5:42 PM, barrelofmonkeys said:

Quality is a loud spokesman if you give it time to get its words out.

This is as true as we are alive and breathing, and every seller should always keep this on mind and be its guide. 😉 

Hello Barrelofmonkeys,
I am a voice actor as well. Have been (seriously) selling my services as well for about 5-8 months. But haven’t gotten alot of orders. Just changed one of my gigs and increased price. In your opinion how often should description, priecs, voice samples be updated. Thank you for your comments in advance

John

And remember as a Voice Over Artist you are in a unique situation from many other freelancers, forever accountability.
Your voice becomes your watermark for your brand. Your voice is on every project. Who knows, who will hear your halfhearted attempt for a client and that is their perception of you - forever.

Well said.
As (another) voice talent, I always belive my reading is for the next (yet to be ordered) project.
If people REALLY knew how much time was spent in editing vs voicing, I think they’d be surprised how long a 60 second, 150 word script takes from the mic to the client.

On 5/17/2019 at 8:28 AM, misterreegs said:

Your voice becomes your watermark for your brand. Your voice is on every project. 

YES! It is important to always give your best product. As the end of the day, you agreed to offer a service for $. I Believe in providing the BEST QUALITY, regardless if it is a $5 or a $5,000 job. As an artist I am not satisfied with providing poor quality work.

On 5/17/2019 at 8:28 AM, barrelofmonkeys said:

Quality is a loud spokesman if you give it time to get its words out.

I couldn’t have “typed” it better myself 🙂 Very well put!

• 4 weeks later...

Dang, fiverr is way harder than I thought. I do professional video editing and my gig views have been stuck at 12 for the past week or so. Buyer requests are empty for me too. If anyone is interested in my gig, you can find out more here! I’m just tryna hit the ground running.

On 6/12/2019 at 4:43 PM, johnlingua said:

Have been (seriously) selling my services as well for about 5-8 months. But haven’t gotten alot of orders. Just changed one of my gigs and increased price. In your opinion how often should description, priecs, voice samples be updated. 

johnlingua,

Although I’m super new to fiverr and I still havent got my first order, I’ve heard stories of people updating their gigs and seeing sales slump. I’ve heard of stories where top rated, first page sellers update their gigs and never recover. It seems to me that the fiverr algorithm doesnt really like recently updated gigs. I would stick to keeping your gig consistent for as long as possible… I hope you’re doing fine!

johnlingua,

Although I’m super new to fiverr and I still havent got my first order, I’ve heard stories of people updating their gigs and seeing sales slump. I’ve heard of stories where top rated, first page sellers update their gigs and never recover. It seems to me that the fiverr algorithm doesnt really like recently updated gigs. I would stick to keeping your gig consistent for as long as possible… I hope you’re doing fine!

Hello jakublibera, Thank you for the information. I am a voice talent, I need to market myself more. Thanks again for the post. John

Archived