How to become fiverr top rated seller Level?

summydesigns

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

True, Fiverr will choose very special sellers for TRS status. Someone who makes origami flowers is very special, I assume he has to mail them to his clients, so kudos to him for having the patience to go to the post office and mail things.

However, when I go to my analytics page and read this:

" Achieve these goals to be nominated for a Top Rated Seller"

And I know I’ve achieved those goals, then I resent being “nominated” only to be rejected the day after. It’s psychologically crushing. When I worked at Amazon, we were measured with statistics, but we where never told “achieve these goals to get a salary raise.” We simply had to maintain minimums to avoid getting fired, if our minimums fell, we might get a warning. New employees were given a break, because they were learning the job. What Amazon didn’t want was slackers, people who work slow, who don’t open enough boxes, scan enough items, etc.

Right now I feel Fiverr is giving people false hopes about becoming TRS. If I was in charged, I would delete “Achieve these goals to be nominated for a Top Rated Seller.”

And I know I’ve achieved those goals, then I resent being “nominated” only to be rejected the day after. It’s psychologically crushing. When I worked at Amazon, we were measured with statistics, but we where never told “achieve these goals to get a salary raise.” We simply had to maintain minimums to avoid getting fired, if our minimums fell, we might get a warning. New employees were given a break, because they were learning the job. What Amazon didn’t want was slackers, people who work slow, who don’t open enough boxes, scan enough items, etc.

Well, those are the minimums to be nominated.

We were “nominated” for 6-9 months before we had it. Our overall revenue was many times higher than the minimum, our other stats where far beyond the minimums the whole time.

It really depends who else is also producing great work in your category.

Just because someone in our VO category has passed the $20K minimum, doesn’t mean others don’t have $80K or more, before becoming TRS. It depends on your category. There is no way of knowing exactly what others have earned, how their internal surveys are turning out.

Fiverr surveys buyers in private, outside the 5 star system, and I would expect some of that to influence their “who gets TRS status” if there are tons of 5 star people meeting the minimums.

I would also suspect it relates to repeat business, how much you get, and some other factors (how unique your service is, total orders, how quickly someone completes orders, etc.)

Lots of factors, a crazy number of sellers, they can only add so many per month, so just “qualifying” doesn’t mean I’m close to TRS, it simply means I meet the minimum to be considered.

Thanks. Right now I’m just interested in making money. I’m jealous that the TRS’s get paid in 7 days instead of 14, it’s simply not fair.

Thanks. Right now I’m just interested in making money. I’m jealous that the TRS’s get paid in 7 days instead of 14, it’s simply not fair.

Not news to you:

“Life is not fair.” But maybe I’m missing something.

You know when you sign up to the site they take 14 days to get paid. They state that up front, and make it clear. There are many jobs, some freelance sites that pay faster, but many times invoicing clients outside of Fiverr mean waiting 30 days in my experience.

IF I’m doing enough, it doesn’t matter anyway once you get past the first 14 days. You have work you did a couple weeks ago, you get paid on that this week. Once you’re doing enough on the site, it’s the same either way…

Or we can move to another service, our choice. (I’ve billed clients directly long before Fiverr, and some don’t pay in the agreed time frame, pushing things from 30 to 45 or 60 days… chasing money is not fun.)

I don’t understand the “not fair” stuff. It’s what they state, it’s what they deliver. How is that “unfair”?

Not news to you:

You know when you sign up to the site they take 14 days to get paid. They state that up front, and make it clear. There are many jobs, some freelance sites that pay faster, but many times invoicing clients outside of Fiverr mean waiting 30 days in my experience.

IF I’m doing enough, it doesn’t matter anyway once you get past the first 14 days. You have work you did a couple weeks ago, you get paid on that this week. Once you’re doing enough on the site, it’s the same either way…

Or we can move to another service, our choice. (I’ve billed clients directly long before Fiverr, and some don’t pay in the agreed time frame, pushing things from 30 to 45 or 60 days… chasing money is not fun.)

I don’t understand the “not fair” stuff. It’s what they state, it’s what they deliver. How is that “unfair”?

But the nominations are fake! That’s my point! It’s not like being nominated for an Oscar, which only happens once a year.

It’s a monthly slap on the face.

“You’ve been nominated for TRS!”

“Sorry, you’re not good enough to be TRS”

Who needs that?

Fiverr has so many problems, for example, I have made several deliveries and my order completion rate is still 90%. On the other hand, if I were to refund an order today, it would fall to 89% or 88%. What kind of crazy math is this? It’s almost like the system is designed to hurt you.

Now I’m glad that my sales have been crazy these last two days. But would I give anything to be TRS again? Absolutely. I’d pay 30% to be TRS, getting paid in 7 days is worth it to me.

You know when you sign up to the site they take 14 days to get paid.

Just because all fees are disclosed doesn’t mean people are happy. Almost every working professional I know hates waiting 14 days. Even if you have a regular job, salary is paid weekly or biweekly. Uber and Lyft don’t make you wait 14 days, you can get paid the same day you drive. So what’s Fiverr’s excuse? What exactly do they gain by holding our money for 14 days?

In fact, if they can pay TRS’s in 7-days, it shows they don’t need to make us wait 14 days. They simply choose to make us wait.

But the nominations are fake! That’s my point! It’s not like being nominated for an Oscar, which only happens once a year.

It’s a monthly slap on the face.

“You’ve been nominated for TRS!”

“Sorry, you’re not good enough to be TRS”

Who needs that?

Fiverr has so many problems, for example, I have made several deliveries and my order completion rate is still 90%. On the other hand, if I were to refund an order today, it would fall to 89% or 88%. What kind of crazy math is this? It’s almost like the system is designed to hurt you.

Now I’m glad that my sales have been crazy these last two days. But would I give anything to be TRS again? Absolutely. I’d pay 30% to be TRS, getting paid in 7 days is worth it to me.

You know when you sign up to the site they take 14 days to get paid.

Just because all fees are disclosed doesn’t mean people are happy. Almost every working professional I know hates waiting 14 days. Even if you have a regular job, salary is paid weekly or biweekly. Uber and Lyft don’t make you wait 14 days, you can get paid the same day you drive. So what’s Fiverr’s excuse? What exactly do they gain by holding our money for 14 days?

In fact, if they can pay TRS’s in 7-days, it shows they don’t need to make us wait 14 days. They simply choose to make us wait.

No stress from me either way.

But again: Nobody is forcing us to be on this platform. If you have something better, go make it happen.

They said at the beginning it would be 14 days unless you are TRS. They also stated a long time ago that TRS were hand selected, based on whatever criteria they decided.

You are nominated each month because you meet the minimums. That means you’re in the mix, but no way of knowing if you’re close to the other peers who also meet the minimums. There could be 50 others in your category who meet the minimums, or 200, or 10 others.

If that’s the biggest issue I have I feel pretty good. (I was “nominated” for many, many months before going TRS… I didn’t love it, but so what?)

Anyway, what have you done in the last X months that improve your gig, your results for clients?

I don’t make the decisions, but I don’t see how it’s unfair when they state the rules up front. There are other options, go explore them IF you find something better.

I’m sure you have tons of other options, so make the most of them.

No stress from me either way.

But again: Nobody is forcing us to be on this platform. If you have something better, go make it happen.

They said at the beginning it would be 14 days unless you are TRS. They also stated a long time ago that TRS were hand selected, based on whatever criteria they decided.

You are nominated each month because you meet the minimums. That means you’re in the mix, but no way of knowing if you’re close to the other peers who also meet the minimums. There could be 50 others in your category who meet the minimums, or 200, or 10 others.

If that’s the biggest issue I have I feel pretty good. (I was “nominated” for many, many months before going TRS… I didn’t love it, but so what?)

Anyway, what have you done in the last X months that improve your gig, your results for clients?

I don’t make the decisions, but I don’t see how it’s unfair when they state the rules up front. There are other options, go explore them IF you find something better.

I’m sure you have tons of other options, so make the most of them.

If TRS’s are hand selected, then what good is telling them they have been nominated?

They haven’t been nominated! It’s an automatic e-mail, a waste of time.

The e-mail creates false hopes, only to crush them the next day with another e-mail, full of generic advice that has nothing to do with you.

Why are you OK with that?

If TRS’s are hand selected, then what good is telling them they have been nominated?

The e-mail creates false hopes, only to crush them the next day with another e-mail, full of generic advice that has nothing to do with you.

It’s to give people hope they can advance and not become slouches thinking they can slack off once they get to level two. And it’s also true that you are qualified as far as the analytics go, and they are aware of that.

I don’t get bothered by things I can’t change. I try to figure out how it works then do my best to work with that.

I don’t like Daylight Savings time changes either. I’d prefer the time in my area stays the same year around. Unless there is a vote on it, I ignore it rather than complain about it twice a year. I don’t like it, but I can’t change it.

The point is focus on things we can control. I can control if my quality is getting better (it is), I can control how quickly I deliver to clients overall (even if I just get X hours faster, that’s a valid improvement). Everything can be improved. What are you working on? (Being bothered by how Fiverr runs their business probably doesn’t help your skills/gig be better, but maybe I’m missing something.)

False hope is because someone is deciding that message means something. It does mean you’re in the mix. It doesn’t mean you’ll be selected. Learn to ignore the message if it bothers you. A great life skill to develop. (I saw it for at least six months, and others in my peer group got it before me. So what?)

Stay focused on what you can control, ignore the rest. (Not that I’m perfect at that all the time, but I work on it regularly.) Invest your time in improving your skills, your gig presentations, you results for clients. The rest is simply noise.

Getting to TSR doesn’t mean you’ll get more orders… You certainly then have to compete directly with the other TSRs in your category when it does happen, because when someone filters for that, you may be in the list, but many of those others are excellent too…

Many see a drop in orders when they hit TRS unless they grow their skills. It’s not going to instantly cause a jump in sales.

I don’t get bothered by things I can’t change. I try to figure out how it works then do my best to work with that.

I don’t like Daylight Savings time changes either. I’d prefer the time in my area stays the same year around. Unless there is a vote on it, I ignore it rather than complain about it twice a year. I don’t like it, but I can’t change it.

The point is focus on things we can control. I can control if my quality is getting better (it is), I can control how quickly I deliver to clients overall (even if I just get X hours faster, that’s a valid improvement). Everything can be improved. What are you working on? (Being bothered by how Fiverr runs their business probably doesn’t help your skills/gig be better, but maybe I’m missing something.)

False hope is because someone is deciding that message means something. It does mean you’re in the mix. It doesn’t mean you’ll be selected. Learn to ignore the message if it bothers you. A great life skill to develop. (I saw it for at least six months, and others in my peer group got it before me. So what?)

Stay focused on what you can control, ignore the rest. (Not that I’m perfect at that all the time, but I work on it regularly.) Invest your time in improving your skills, your gig presentations, you results for clients. The rest is simply noise.

Getting to TSR doesn’t mean you’ll get more orders… You certainly then have to compete directly with the other TSRs in your category when it does happen, because when someone filters for that, you may be in the list, but many of those others are excellent too…

Many see a drop in orders when they hit TRS unless they grow their skills. It’s not going to instantly cause a jump in sales.

I tell you what upsets me. I have this buyer who ordered a Facebook Traffic ad, thinking he was ordering Facebook traffic.

Those two are very different things, and now he wants a refund, after I did the job.

If I refund, my order completion rate goes to 89%. Fiverr wasn’t always like that, I used to be a TRS with an 87% completion rate, Fiverr didn’t care.

Now Fiverr cares, even when it’s not my fault.

I have complained to CS, ask them to close the order. Think they will help me? They will most likely refund the order.

I tell you what upsets me. I have this buyer who ordered a Facebook Traffic ad, thinking he was ordering Facebook traffic.

Those two are very different things, and now he wants a refund, after I did the job.

If I refund, my order completion rate goes to 89%. Fiverr wasn’t always like that, I used to be a TRS with an 87% completion rate, Fiverr didn’t care.

I have complained to CS, ask them to close the order. Think they will help me? They will most likely refund the order.

Fiverr wasn’t always like that, I used to be a TRS with an 87% completion rate, Fiverr didn’t care. Now Fiverr cares, even when it’s not my fault.

Respectfully, this has already been discussed, many times – Fiverr is changing. How things were, is not how they are now. No amount of complaints or frustration are going to bring back the former Fiverr that you used to adore.

Fiverr wasn’t always like that, I used to be a TRS with an 87% completion rate, Fiverr didn’t care. Now Fiverr cares, even when it’s not my fault.

Respectfully, this has already been discussed, many times – Fiverr is changing. How things were, is not how they are now. No amount of complaints or frustration are going to bring back the former Fiverr that you used to adore.

Fiverr is like the Titanic, and I’m the one screaming “iceberg ahead! Slow down,” but they don’t listen.

When was the last time we were polled about changes? Don’t you get it? We are Fiverr’s sales team, our happiness matters, we’re the ones making them money.

Fiverr doesn’t sell anything, we sell on Fiverr, we make Fiverr. Even if I never make it back to TRS, I want to stop getting “nominated” because those nominations are fake, they mean nothing, they accomplish nothing.

If a Level 1 gets “Congratulations! You are now Level 2,” that means something, that’s real.

“You’ve been nominated for TRS” isn’t real. It’s fake. It’s a FORM LETTER, like junk mail.

Fiverr is like the Titanic, and I’m the one screaming “iceberg ahead! Slow down,” but they don’t listen.

When was the last time we were polled about changes? Don’t you get it? We are Fiverr’s sales team, our happiness matters, we’re the ones making them money.

Fiverr doesn’t sell anything, we sell on Fiverr, we make Fiverr. Even if I never make it back to TRS, I want to stop getting “nominated” because those nominations are fake, they mean nothing, they accomplish nothing.

If a Level 1 gets “Congratulations! You are now Level 2,” that means something, that’s real.

“You’ve been nominated for TRS” isn’t real. It’s fake. It’s a FORM LETTER, like junk mail.

Fiverr is nowhere near “sinking” like the Titanic. Fiverr is growing, improving, and becoming a better website. I’m sorry to hear that all you see is a sinking ship. I’m pretty sure most other sellers don’t share your analogy.

When was the last time we were polled about changes?

While it would be nice to have inside knowledge into the inner workings of Fiverr, Fiverr is under no obligation to tell us about everything they are working on.

Don’t you get it? We are Fiverr’s sales team, our happiness matters, we’re the ones making them money.

I don’t work for Fiverr, and neither do you. We are not Fiverr employees, and certainly not “Fiverr’s sales team”. We are merely freelancers here to make use of the service-hosting platform that Fiverr chooses to provide for us. And in return for us being here, Fiverr keeps 20% of our earnings – a commission from each of our sales.

Even if I never make it back to TRS, I want to stop getting “nominated” because those nominations are fake, they mean nothing, they accomplish nothing.

I really wish you’d stop hitting us over the head with this TRS thing. You WERE a TRS, now you are not. I would imagine Fiverr is aware of all of your complaining on this issue, and I wouldn’t be surprised if they really don’t want to make you a TRS again. You haven’t exactly been gracious about the whole thing – which, if I’m being honest, doesn’t really seem to be the kind of thing they’re looking for from a TRS to begin with.

If the automated nominations annoy you, just ignor them, and move on.

Regarding becoming TRS, it is not something permanent even if you do get it and what you might achieve during one St. Level’s Day can be removed at a later one.

To those who strive for TRS, remember this. I know I do and don’t expect to have this title forever. As long as we can’t control the cancellations, we can have it removed at any time. It isn’t uncommon now to see long time TRS demoted. I’ve been a TRS for a while now but each month the stats are in flux and subject to change which we have no control over in many ways.

Do NOT depend on being at a certain level. Make that an unimportant part of your business plan.

Fiverr is nowhere near “sinking” like the Titanic. Fiverr is growing, improving, and becoming a better website. I’m sorry to hear that all you see is a sinking ship. I’m pretty sure most other sellers don’t share your analogy.

When was the last time we were polled about changes?

While it would be nice to have inside knowledge into the inner workings of Fiverr, Fiverr is under no obligation to tell us about everything they are working on.

Don’t you get it? We are Fiverr’s sales team, our happiness matters, we’re the ones making them money.

I don’t work for Fiverr, and neither do you. We are not Fiverr employees, and certainly not “Fiverr’s sales team”. We are merely freelancers here to make use of the service-hosting platform that Fiverr chooses to provide for us. And in return for us being here, Fiverr keeps 20% of our earnings – a commission from each of our sales.

Even if I never make it back to TRS, I want to stop getting “nominated” because those nominations are fake, they mean nothing, they accomplish nothing.

I really wish you’d stop hitting us over the head with this TRS thing. You WERE a TRS, now you are not. I would imagine Fiverr is aware of all of your complaining on this issue, and I wouldn’t be surprised if they really don’t want to make you a TRS again. You haven’t exactly been gracious about the whole thing – which, if I’m being honest, doesn’t really seem to be the kind of thing they’re looking for from a TRS to begin with.

If the automated nominations annoy you, just ignor them, and move on.

Fiverr is growing, improving, and becoming a better website.

I don’t see it, all I see is them doing weird things. They punish us for cancellations, even when the buyer orders by mistake. They tell us we can block buyers, but not if they have already ordered. They bought And Co for some reason, now they’re partnering with Amazon’s Alexa. Learn by Fiverr is an overpriced Udemy. Fiverr is becoming like Elon Musk, with too many irons in the fire instead of concentrating on what makes them money. Plus, the fees buyers have to pay? How do you think people feel when they see $30 and pay $32? Then you give them a refund, and they complain because they got back $30 instead of $32.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they really don’t want to make you a TRS again

I agree! I’m not a sycophant, not a flatterer or apologist. Those who love you, criticize you! Flattery serves no one, and I’m not going to be a fanatic that thinks “Fiverr is always right” to get my TRS back.

I’ve been a TRS for a while now but each month the stats are in flux and subject to change which we have no control over in many ways.

Doesn’t it stress you out? Don’t you live in fear that you’re a few bad buyers away from being demoted? Isn’t it wrong that you can be demoted automatically, but you need an editor to become TRS? I think it’s wrong, I think it’s a betrayal of Fiverr’s principles.

But then again, does Fiverr have any principles anymore? Fiverr went from being a cool startup to a cubicle farm, and I don’t care how many models with tattoos they use in their advertising. You can’t fake being cool, you’re either cool or you’re not.

Fiverr is growing, improving, and becoming a better website.

I don’t see it, all I see is them doing weird things. They punish us for cancellations, even when the buyer orders by mistake. They tell us we can block buyers, but not if they have already ordered. They bought And Co for some reason, now they’re partnering with Amazon’s Alexa. Learn by Fiverr is an overpriced Udemy. Fiverr is becoming like Elon Musk, with too many irons in the fire instead of concentrating on what makes them money. Plus, the fees buyers have to pay? How do you think people feel when they see $30 and pay $32? Then you give them a refund, and they complain because they got back $30 instead of $32.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they really don’t want to make you a TRS again

I agree! I’m not a sycophant, not a flatterer or apologist. Those who love you, criticize you! Flattery serves no one, and I’m not going to be a fanatic that thinks “Fiverr is always right” to get my TRS back.

I’ve been a TRS for a while now but each month the stats are in flux and subject to change which we have no control over in many ways.

Doesn’t it stress you out? Don’t you live in fear that you’re a few bad buyers away from being demoted? Isn’t it wrong that you can be demoted automatically, but you need an editor to become TRS? I think it’s wrong, I think it’s a betrayal of Fiverr’s principles.

But then again, does Fiverr have any principles anymore? Fiverr went from being a cool startup to a cubicle farm, and I don’t care how many models with tattoos they use in their advertising. You can’t fake being cool, you’re either cool or you’re not.

I can’t control it and I accept that.

We all have cancellations. IF people keep ordering your gig and think it’s something else, then you have to see if you can update your gig, or find something else to market here. It’s possible your description could be tweaked, or you could add a mandatory statement in the requirements that spells out a specific.

I don’t do it, but other in the VO market say something like “Free revisions are NOT part of this gig unless I read your script wrong.” (or something similar…) They make buyers check an extra box that says they understand the terms.

It’s possible your term “Facebook Traffic” is seen without the “ad” part, and now you need to clarify it somehow. Have you updated your wording lately?

It’s also possible what you are selling isn’t ideal for the platform. It’s also possible my category, or gigs will not be as popular over time. How are others in your category doing? Are they keeping their levels?

In my category, Fiverr is doing very well and growing. The platform changes because they have new buyers and sellers, and they are constantly tweaking the platform. Your category may get hurt, but internally the Fiverr team sees the overall numbers, and if their changes make things worse overall, they change back.

For a while they promoted “packages” in my category, but a year later their internal stats showed it didn’t help, and they dropped it.

Life in the business world, both inside and outside of Fiverr. People made a killing on bitcoin if they purchased 3 years ago. If they purchased at the high point in the last year or so, now they are down 70%, but could be up again in a month/year or whatever. Markets rarely stay the same, we have to adapt to stay in the game.

Fiverr will continue to do well with/without me or any of us on this board. It’s up to us to adapt over time. Some will, some won’t. (Same in or out of Fiverr…)

We all have cancellations. IF people keep ordering your gig and think it’s something else, then you have to see if you can update your gig, or find something else to market here. It’s possible your description could be tweaked, or you could add a mandatory statement in the requirements that spells out a specific.

I don’t do it, but other in the VO market say something like “Free revisions are NOT part of this gig unless I read your script wrong.” (or something similar…) They make buyers check an extra box that says they understand the terms.

It’s possible your term “Facebook Traffic” is seen without the “ad” part, and now you need to clarify it somehow. Have you updated your wording lately?

It’s also possible what you are selling isn’t ideal for the platform. It’s also possible my category, or gigs will not be as popular over time. How are others in your category doing? Are they keeping their levels?

In my category, Fiverr is doing very well and growing. The platform changes because they have new buyers and sellers, and they are constantly tweaking the platform. Your category may get hurt, but internally the Fiverr team sees the overall numbers, and if their changes make things worse overall, they change back.

For a while they promoted “packages” in my category, but a year later their internal stats showed it didn’t help, and they dropped it.

Life in the business world, both inside and outside of Fiverr. People made a killing on bitcoin if they purchased 3 years ago. If they purchased at the high point in the last year or so, now they are down 70%, but could be up again in a month/year or whatever. Markets rarely stay the same, we have to adapt to stay in the game.

Fiverr will continue to do well with/without me or any of us on this board. It’s up to us to adapt over time. Some will, some won’t. (Same in or out of Fiverr…)

IF people keep ordering your gig and think it’s something else, then you have to see if you can update your gig,

Most people know what they’re ordering. I even explained in my gig description:

" PLEASE NOTE: I don’t design anything, I don’t create pictures for ads. I just deliver a word document with the information you need when you go to the Facebook Ad Manager."

So why did he think this was for traffic? I don’t know. Maybe he searched “Facebook traffic” and found me.

My gig title is super clear: " Write A Facebook Traffic Or Engagement Ad In 3 Days"

Do people not read?

It’s also possible what you are selling isn’t ideal for the platform.

This gig has 445 reviews, it has made me $9,288, it has 8.7K impressions in the last 30 days. Think about it, everyone wants to sell on Facebook, but they don’t always know how to write an ad or target interests, behaviors, etc. I know how, that’s why they hire me.

Fiverr will continue to do well with/without me or any of us on this board.

I disagree, every seller matters, every seller helps Fiverr make money. Platforms need to work with their sellers, they need to find out what makes them happy, what makes their lives easier, what increases their sales, and work with them.

My category isn’t offensive. What’s wrong with advertising on Facebook? Fiverr advertises on Facebook, a billion people love Facebook.

IF people keep ordering your gig and think it’s something else, then you have to see if you can update your gig,

" PLEASE NOTE: I don’t design anything, I don’t create pictures for ads. I just deliver a word document with the information you need when you go to the Facebook Ad Manager."

So why did he think this was for traffic? I don’t know. Maybe he searched “Facebook traffic” and found me.

My gig title is super clear: " Write A Facebook Traffic Or Engagement Ad In 3 Days"

Do people not read?

This gig has 445 reviews, it has made me $9,288, it has 8.7K impressions in the last 30 days. Think about it, everyone wants to sell on Facebook, but they don’t always know how to write an ad or target interests, behaviors, etc. I know how, that’s why they hire me.

I disagree, every seller matters, every seller helps Fiverr make money. Platforms need to work with their sellers, they need to find out what makes them happy, what makes their lives easier, what increases their sales, and work with them.

My category isn’t offensive. What’s wrong with advertising on Facebook? Fiverr advertises on Facebook, a billion people love Facebook.

This gig has 445 reviews, it has made me $9,288, it has 8.7K impressions in the last 30 days.

wow! $9,288 in 30 days just for 1 gig. Salute! You’re my idol for this.

This gig has 445 reviews, it has made me $9,288, it has 8.7K impressions in the last 30 days.

I wish, $9,288 during the lifetime of the gig.

Here’s what I wrote:

" This gig has 445 reviews, it has made me $9,288, it has 8.7K impressions in the last 30 days."

Not news to you:

… and some don’t pay in the agreed time frame, pushing things from 30 to 45 or 60 days… chasing money is not fun.)

Agree 200%! At least we know Fiverr guarantee will pay us.

Do people not read?

Sorry, that’s a rounding error in their economy. (Same with my gigs overall, that is NOT personal.)

Fiverr made their 20% on that gig, or a little under $2k lifetime. I don’t know if that’s one year or five since you’ve been on the platform for a while. If it’s a year, then that’s still them earning around $180 per month from your gig. I’m not sure that is important to them.

Here’s what a recent article said about Fiverr:

“Fiverr says about one million freelancers use its platform that posts 7,500 new job offers every day and does a million job matches a month. Most of the freelancers are from developing countries.”

(I’ll link to the article below.)

If that is even close, that means over 30,000 gigs are happening per day. I don’t think my gigs are more than a rounding error, but maybe I’m wrong.

Anyway, best to you. I’m out on this conversation. I respect your POV, but disagree.

I back to working on my business, I hope yours continues to grow too.

Here’s a recent article I found:

favicon-32x32.png.b7680eb526215d300a33727b66d701a6.png haaretz.com

373210758.thumb.jpg.371e286dd492dc1a56e480db5d53f24d.jpg

Israeli startup Fiverr eyeing IPO at $1 billion valuation

Sorry, that’s a rounding error in their economy. (Same with my gigs overall, that is NOT personal.)

Fiverr made their 20% on that gig, or a little under $2k lifetime. I don’t know if that’s one year or five since you’ve been on the platform for a while. If it’s a year, then that’s still them earning around $180 per month from your gig. I’m not sure that is important to them.

“Fiverr says about one million freelancers use its platform that posts 7,500 new job offers every day and does a million job matches a month. Most of the freelancers are from developing countries.”

If that is even close, that means over 30,000 gigs are happening per day. I don’t think my gigs are more than a rounding error, but maybe I’m wrong.

Anyway, best to you. I’m out on this conversation. I respect your POV, but disagree.

710ad341e4c6b0b18c090ed0d1c334793d02a608.pnghaaretz.com

bd9c6d7fda42555d42f4eccec1d0eca9966dbafc.jpeg

@lisabaarns Thanks for that eye opening article.

710ad341e4c6b0b18c090ed0d1c334793d02a608.pnghaaretz.com

bd9c6d7fda42555d42f4eccec1d0eca9966dbafc.jpeg

Fiverr made their 20% on that gig, or a little under $2k lifetime.

I have made $72,029.1 in total earnings from all my gigs, as of right now, I’ve been here since 2013. I may be just one seller, but there are many sellers like me. Some have made a lot more, my favorite graphic designer makes $100,000 a year here.

Even if a seller has only made $2,000, there could there could be 100,000 sellers like him, so the real number might be $200,000,000. What’s 20% of that? $40 million. Not exactly chump change.

Would Fiverr miss me if I go? They won’t, but what if 100 people go? What if 100,000 people go? 1 million people?

Fiverr needs to think about the future. I’m patient, I will put up with crooked buyers, PayPal chargebacks, refunds over mistaken orders, etc. The worst I’ll do is complain here. Other sellers won’t be so tolerant, specially the big sellers Fiver wants to attract, the ones working for $400 to $2,000 an order.

Fiverr doesn’t need to change because of me, they need to change for the sake of their bottom line, and their future. If someone is paid $400 to write a book, and that takes 20 hours, he is not going to be happy when he has to refund that order.

So Fiverr can either listen to the marketplace, or they can turn a blind eye like Yahoo, eBay, AOL, Dick’s Sporting Goods, SEARS, and other companies that ignored the warning signs, that believed themselves to be too big to fail.

Fiverr made their 20% on that gig, or a little under $2k lifetime.

I have made $72,029.1 in total earnings from all my gigs, as of right now, I’ve been here since 2013. I may be just one seller, but there are many sellers like me. Some have made a lot more, my favorite graphic designer makes $100,000 a year here.

Even if a seller has only made $2,000, there could there could be 100,000 sellers like him, so the real number might be $200,000,000. What’s 20% of that? $40 million. Not exactly chump change.

Would Fiverr miss me if I go? They won’t, but what if 100 people go? What if 100,000 people go? 1 million people?

Fiverr needs to think about the future. I’m patient, I will put up with crooked buyers, PayPal chargebacks, refunds over mistaken orders, etc. The worst I’ll do is complain here. Other sellers won’t be so tolerant, specially the big sellers Fiver wants to attract, the ones working for $400 to $2,000 an order.

Fiverr doesn’t need to change because of me, they need to change for the sake of their bottom line, and their future. If someone is paid $400 to write a book, and that takes 20 hours, he is not going to be happy when he has to refund that order.

So Fiverr can either listen to the marketplace, or they can turn a blind eye like Yahoo, eBay, AOL, Dick’s Sporting Goods, SEARS, and other companies that ignored the warning signs, that believed themselves to be too big to fail.

Since fiverr is going public at the beginning of next year they don’t have money problems that losing a few sellers will hurt. On the contrary. This will be valued as a billion dollar company.

Since fiverr is going public at the beginning of next year they don’t have money problems that losing a few sellers will hurt. On the contrary. This will be valued as a billion dollar company.

I think that’s an optimistic outlook, not all IPO’s are great successes, investors can play all kinds of games, such as short selling the stock. Besides, once Fiverr goes public, they will have to disclose their financial statements and then we’ll see how much they spend on salaries, what are their business expenses, etc.

Remember Elon Musk? He was charged with securities fraud over misleading tweets. Being a public company can help you raise a lot of money, but it can also destroy you. You don’t have the same freedoms as a private company, you have to release quarterly statements, meet with investors, etc.

With that said, if I have a chance to buy Fiverr’s IPO, I will buy it. I have faith in Fiverr in spite of everything. I’ve been experimenting with higher prices, Fridays are usually dead to me, but today I got a $50 order.

Archived