How to become fiverr top rated seller Level?

summydesigns

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While I’m eager as well to know what can be done to achieve the TRS status as well, I think we may be asking the wrong question.

I would guess that TRS (which is a manual review) isn’t just given to anybody. Having TRS solely as a goal makes you likely to fall out of the race all together. I think the question we should be asking is “How can I be the best at what I do? What can I do to improve upon the services I’m currently offering? How are my competitors getting the better of me? Is there a skill or a certification course I need to take to give out greater value to my clients?” And so on.

When all these questions are answered and you begin working actively towards them, with great customer service, proper marketing, and a dedication to your art, then the orders start rolling in. You get that word-of-mouth referral (seriously, for me this is the best form of advertisement I can get), and sure enough, orders start rolling in. Before you know it, you’re inching to that status…and in some instances, you might be unconscious of your eligibility and later selection.

Please, can TRS sellers fill in with their experiences, steps, and actions they took to command the level of dedicated clients. Thanks

Please, can TRS sellers fill in with their experiences, steps, and actions they took to command the level of dedicated clients. Thanks

No matter your level, you have to over-deliver a little to earn repeat business. In the beginning we treated it like an internship, where we got paid minimal amounts for what we did. You can be cheaper short term to build some sales numbers. (OK at first, but longer term a tough road as new people tend to stay super cheap…)

Now our rates are much higher, BUT we still over-deliver. New clients get a free bonus on their first order, existing clients get higher quality since we are always refining our processes. We are faster than most of our peers in terms of delivery. (Clients love when you deliver early.)

Not always possible today as the orders are larger on average, but many clients appreciate the speed.

In your category it may be something else. Find that the successful sellers in your category are doing, see if you can offer some of what they do. (You probably can’t offer their experience, but you can deliver faster, and/or deliver more for the same amount.)

You have to find areas you can provide more value, so clients return and/or tell others.

It’s critical to build repeat biz, it’s what helped us keep going during the times where Fiverr rotates you out of the top of the searches. (It happens to almost everybody at points…)

Then it’s sticking around long enough and it also depends on your category. Voice Over is very competitive, with a flood of people joining all the time.

We know a few others who are just as good as us, just as deserving, who haven’t gotten the TRS badge yet. I know they will if they just keep doing what they are doing.

I worked seven days a week for over two years and had a strong feeling that I was doing a lot better than anyone else in my category for most of that time. If you look around at the others who do what you are doing and see that you do it ten times better you know you are TRS material. Your customers tell you. Your earnings tell you. Your reviews tell you. Your time and effort tell you, when you go to extreme lengths to put in time and energy to your craft. You see that you know what you are doing, much more so than most others.

It was never my goal to be TRS. I just knew that I should be one, as egotistical as that sounds.

I worked seven days a week for over two years

Wow!! You must have had your hands full. But to maintain it for that long. Two years isn’t really a short time, you know

Your time and effort tell you, when you go to extreme lengths to put in time and energy to your craft.

I relate to this too. And in most instances, appreciative/financially-buoyant clients always like to reward that extra-mile effort with a tip, or in some instances a glowing review (one that could make you blush, even)

No matter your level, you have to over-deliver a little to earn repeat business. In the beginning we treated it like an internship, where we got paid minimal amounts for what we did. You can be cheaper short term to build some sales numbers. (OK at first, but longer term a tough road as new people tend to stay super cheap…)

Now our rates are much higher, BUT we still over-deliver. New clients get a free bonus on their first order, existing clients get higher quality since we are always refining our processes. We are faster than most of our peers in terms of delivery. (Clients love when you deliver early.)

Not always possible today as the orders are larger on average, but many clients appreciate the speed.

In your category it may be something else. Find that the successful sellers in your category are doing, see if you can offer some of what they do. (You probably can’t offer their experience, but you can deliver faster, and/or deliver more for the same amount.)

You have to find areas you can provide more value, so clients return and/or tell others.

It’s critical to build repeat biz, it’s what helped us keep going during the times where Fiverr rotates you out of the top of the searches. (It happens to almost everybody at points…)

Then it’s sticking around long enough and it also depends on your category. Voice Over is very competitive, with a flood of people joining all the time.

We know a few others who are just as good as us, just as deserving, who haven’t gotten the TRS badge yet. I know they will if they just keep doing what they are doing.

In the beginning we treated it like an internship, where we got paid minimal amounts for what we did.

I passed through this stage too. Sometimes, I wonder if every new seller on Fiverr goes through this stage. I hear of people that get orders the very day they roll out a new gig, I am like “are you for real? 😮

(Clients love when you deliver early.)

I attest to this fact too. But instances where you have to risk a late order owing to the amount of active orders is actually possible.

Seriously, as at this moment, I can think of only a few niches on Fiverr without competition. Categories like Graphics, Writing&Translation, Voice-overs, Digital Marketing are the most competitive, and if I would guess bring a far greater amount of holistic revenue (Fiverr’s 20% + Earned Amount) than the remaining niches combined together.

Sometimes, on my free time (when my curiosity gets the better of me), I wonder how TRS in these overly competitive sections are able to maintain “lordship” over such a niche. Sometimes, you’d be amazed seeing 40+ orders and 90%+ of this bunch being delivered on time and accurately.

Kudos to the sellers out there who put their head down to do legitimate work. You all have my respect!

I feel another level ought to exist between Level 2 and TRS. Definitely, all Level 2’s aren’t the same. I feel it’s a far cry when $400 has to be the monetary qualification for Level 1, $2,000 for Level 2 and $20,000 for TRS eligibility. Geometric Progression (G.P) in Math isn’t this hyper 😄 Was thinking Level 3 (but it sounds kind of lame, don’t you think?)

If Fiverr comes up with something in between Level 2 and TRS, I think it would give Level 2 sellers with TRS eligibility some kind of succor while waiting for Fiverr’s manual team to take notice of them.

I’ve seen lately some TRS who only get a few orders a month, have around 300 reviews total, and can’t be earning more than $1000 a month. They’ve only been on fiverr around one year. They did have great profiles and samples of their work.

I saw one who makes origami flowers and has about 15 reviews. One in our category was never having many orders or reviews but became TRS due to having a very unique gig. I think being a standout in a good way is the most important factor. Either be extremely unique, or incredibly good, preferably both.

True, Fiverr will choose very special sellers for TRS status. Someone who makes origami flowers is very special, I assume he has to mail them to his clients, so kudos to him for having the patience to go to the post office and mail things.

However, when I go to my analytics page and read this:

" Achieve these goals to be nominated for a Top Rated Seller"

And I know I’ve achieved those goals, then I resent being “nominated” only to be rejected the day after. It’s psychologically crushing. When I worked at Amazon, we were measured with statistics, but we where never told “achieve these goals to get a salary raise.” We simply had to maintain minimums to avoid getting fired, if our minimums fell, we might get a warning. New employees were given a break, because they were learning the job. What Amazon didn’t want was slackers, people who work slow, who don’t open enough boxes, scan enough items, etc.

Right now I feel Fiverr is giving people false hopes about becoming TRS. If I was in charged, I would delete “Achieve these goals to be nominated for a Top Rated Seller.”

I don’t know how long you’ve been around, but it took me around 2.5 years, and over 4800 gigs delivered.

I know others have done it faster than me, some take longer. Getting there wasn’t my direct goal, although I did want to hit that mark.

The first thing was deliver a great voice over product, and earn the right to be more expensive than some others, due to delivering for my clients.

The second thing was earn the right to the repeat business for my clients. Deliver something exceptional, and constantly improving, and over time returning clients make a HUGE difference.

Agree with you & thanks a lot

True, Fiverr will choose very special sellers for TRS status. Someone who makes origami flowers is very special, I assume he has to mail them to his clients, so kudos to him for having the patience to go to the post office and mail things.

And I know I’ve achieved those goals, then I resent being “nominated” only to be rejected the day after. It’s psychologically crushing. When I worked at Amazon, we were measured with statistics, but we where never told “achieve these goals to get a salary raise.” We simply had to maintain minimums to avoid getting fired, if our minimums fell, we might get a warning. New employees were given a break, because they were learning the job. What Amazon didn’t want was slackers, people who work slow, who don’t open enough boxes, scan enough items, etc.

Right now I feel Fiverr is giving people false hopes about becoming TRS. If I was in charged, I would delete “Achieve these goals to be nominated for a Top Rated Seller.”

Right now I feel Fiverr is giving people false hopes about becoming TRS.

It reminds me of the donkey with the carrot dangling in front of him to keep him moving forward.

I don’t feel it is completely misleading. It means they are looking at everyone’s gigs who qualifies to see if they deserve it in the opinion of the editors, which is a good thing.

I’ve seen lately some TRS who only get a few orders a month, have around 300 reviews total, and can’t be earning more than $1000 a month. They’ve only been on fiverr around one year. They did have great profiles and samples of their work.

I saw one who makes origami flowers and has about 15 reviews. One in our category was never having many orders or reviews but became TRS due to having a very unique gig. I think being a standout in a good way is the most important factor. Either be extremely unique, or incredibly good, preferably both.

This the main point.

Some said, TRS is for high volume seller and some said for high income seller. But I not think it’s the main point. The main point is… Extremely Unique.

For this point of view, It solve our mystery why some Level 2 seller gain more money and que order than TRS.

Thanks Misscystal for the hilight.

Right now I feel Fiverr is giving people false hopes about becoming TRS.

It reminds me of the donkey with the carrot dangling in front of him to keep him moving forward.

I don’t feel it is completely misleading. It means they are looking at everyone’s gigs who qualifies to see if they deserve it in the opinion of the editors, which is a good thing.

So how come I don’t qualify? There are only 71 level 2’s doing what I do, and I’m often on the first page, row 1 or row 2.

I have 1,534 reviews, more than anyone else I’ve seen in my category, yet when I go to the TRS section, I see a “pro seller” with 5 reviews and a low overall rating, and I see a woman who designs logo signatures which has nothing to do with what I do.

And you don’t think that’s cruel? The donkey will never get the carrot, it’s impossible. Besides, I don’t want to be treated like a beast of burden, I don’t want fake incentives in front of me.

I would prefer an opportunity to apply to TRS, just like people can apply to pro-seller. I just can’t stand the demoralizing e-mail I get on the 16th, “sorry, you’re not good enough to be TRS, try doing this and that.”

It’s insulting. No other company does that.

The main point is… Extremely Unique.

Interesting point, but I’ve seen TRS sellers that aren’t extremely unique. TRS is supposed to represent the best in the category, like the First Class section of a plane.

So how come I don’t qualify? There are only 71 level 2’s doing what I do, and I’m often on the first page, row 1 or row 2.

I have 1,534 reviews, more than anyone else I’ve seen in my category, yet when I go to the TRS section, I see a “pro seller” with 5 reviews and a low overall rating, and I see a woman who designs logo signatures which has nothing to do with what I do.

And you don’t think that’s cruel? The donkey will never get the carrot, it’s impossible. Besides, I don’t want to be treated like a beast of burden, I don’t want fake incentives in front of me.

I would prefer an opportunity to apply to TRS, just like people can apply to pro-seller. I just can’t stand the demoralizing e-mail I get on the 16th, “sorry, you’re not good enough to be TRS, try doing this and that.”

Interesting point, but I’ve seen TRS sellers that aren’t extremely unique. TRS is supposed to represent the best in the category, like the First Class section of a plane.

I’ve seen TRS sellers that aren’t extremely unique.

It could be either superior talent or being unique or both. I’ve seen one in my category that is unique and that seems to be the main reason for it.

Agree. At the end… no solid point how to get TRS badge. Everything we talk here is just what we thought and it’s nice to talk about this.

Agree. At the end… no solid point how to get TRS badge. Everything we talk here is just what we thought and it’s nice to talk about this.

Thanks. Right now I’m just interested in making money. I’m jealous that the TRS’s get paid in 7 days instead of 14, it’s simply not fair.

In the beginning we treated it like an internship, where we got paid minimal amounts for what we did.

I passed through this stage too. Sometimes, I wonder if every new seller on Fiverr goes through this stage. I hear of people that get orders the very day they roll out a new gig, I am like “are you for real? 😮

(Clients love when you deliver early.)

I attest to this fact too. But instances where you have to risk a late order owing to the amount of active orders is actually possible.

Seriously, as at this moment, I can think of only a few niches on Fiverr without competition. Categories like Graphics, Writing&Translation, Voice-overs, Digital Marketing are the most competitive, and if I would guess bring a far greater amount of holistic revenue (Fiverr’s 20% + Earned Amount) than the remaining niches combined together.

Sometimes, on my free time (when my curiosity gets the better of me), I wonder how TRS in these overly competitive sections are able to maintain “lordship” over such a niche. Sometimes, you’d be amazed seeing 40+ orders and 90%+ of this bunch being delivered on time and accurately.

Kudos to the sellers out there who put their head down to do legitimate work. You all have my respect!

I feel another level ought to exist between Level 2 and TRS. Definitely, all Level 2’s aren’t the same. I feel it’s a far cry when $400 has to be the monetary qualification for Level 1, $2,000 for Level 2 and $20,000 for TRS eligibility. Geometric Progression (G.P) in Math isn’t this hyper 😄 Was thinking Level 3 (but it sounds kind of lame, don’t you think?)

If Fiverr comes up with something in between Level 2 and TRS, I think it would give Level 2 sellers with TRS eligibility some kind of succor while waiting for Fiverr’s manual team to take notice of them.

wow interested thank u

I don’t know how long you’ve been around, but it took me around 2.5 years, and over 4800 gigs delivered.

I know others have done it faster than me, some take longer. Getting there wasn’t my direct goal, although I did want to hit that mark.

The first thing was deliver a great voice over product, and earn the right to be more expensive than some others, due to delivering for my clients.

The second thing was earn the right to the repeat business for my clients. Deliver something exceptional, and constantly improving, and over time returning clients make a HUGE difference.

Hello Lisabaarns,

Great advice!!! …I don’t know much about Fiverr as i am new here… but previously i was working on another freelancing website for more than 5 years and i have very sound profile there … they rate freelancer according to earnings … so it’s also important to keep your price realistic … I thinks it’s not good to offer $100 worth work for only $5 … and it’s even not possible … Those who are offering that low rates defiantly compromising over Quality … What is your observations about Fiver please advice … Many Thanks!

be born under lucky star

Luck might have a tiny bit to do with it, because I know of many great level two and even level one or level zero sellers. But in general it’s standing out above the crowd as far as what you offer and how you handle your customers. And now keeping your levels above the minimum requirements.

i didn’t think, i believe in 25% need luck

If I was in charged, I would delete “Achieve these goals to be nominated for a Top Rated Seller.”

I think I have an idea how this feels. But, if you would take a closer look at the statement, it says “nominated…” against “to be…” and I think it’s fair to say that not all nominees win the price.

Sometimes, I think there is a fixed number of TRS in a specific section (and perhaps there are full) so till one TRS drops, that level is out of all bounds for all eligible Level 2 sellers.

Thanks. Right now I’m just interested in making money. I’m jealous that the TRS’s get paid in 7 days instead of 14, it’s simply not fair.

Right now I’m just interested in making money.

:rofl:

I’m jealous that the TRS’s get paid in 7 days instead of 14, it’s simply not fair.

Me too. Sometimes, I think to myself what’s the point of Level 2. Sincerely, I don’t see the increase in the number of gig spots from 10 to 20 as a reward or an improvement. Frankly, even 10 is too much. Most sellers make do with 2 to 6, sometimes 7. So, this to me is an non-gratifying reward.

For the Gig Extras, Gig Multiples, $10,000 limit Custom Offer - ehn! :thinking: Not really though, but we can make do with it.

At least, a 10-day clearing limit for Level 2 sellers would have done the trick. Don;t you think?

If I was in charged, I would delete “Achieve these goals to be nominated for a Top Rated Seller.”

I think I have an idea how this feels. But, if you would take a closer look at the statement, it says “nominated…” against “to be…” and I think it’s fair to say that not all nominees win the price.

Sometimes, I think there is a fixed number of TRS in a specific section (and perhaps there are full) so till one TRS drops, that level is out of all bounds for all eligible Level 2 sellers.

They’re not real nominations like the Oscars, where each category has 4 or 5 movies nominated.

Instead, it’s all a big lie. The computer is automatically telling all level 2’s they’ve been nominated to TRS, yet we know the very next day, we’re gonna be stuck at level 2. A colleague compares this to putting a carrot in front of a donkey, the donkey keeps walking to get the carrot but the carrot is endlessly out of reach. That’s cruel, so are these “nominations.”

Sometimes, I think there is a fixed number of TRS in a specific section (and perhaps there are full)

Quite the opposite, the “brand names” category only has two TRS, and one of them doesn’t even write brand names, she creates logo signatures.

I don’t see the increase in the number of gig spots from 10 to 20 as a reward or an improvement

Well, to be fair, for a multi-talented person with many abilities, having 20 gigs might be awesome. An article writer might have a gig for economic articles, food articles, etc. Although I don’t know if that counts as having gigs that are too similar, I don’t think it does but who knows how Fiverr things?

At least, a 10-day clearing limit for Level 2 sellers would have done the trick. Don;t you think?

I would like the money to be available as soon as the buyer reviews or the order is marked as complete. I’m not saying I’m gonna be withdrawing my earnings everyday, but I need that money cleared, so I can reach $100 or $200 faster.

I don’t see much difference between 10 and 14 days, 7 days was pretty great, it encouraged me to make less withdrawals because if I had $100 on Monday, I might have $150 or $200 on Tuesday. Maybe I wait until Friday for $500.

The delay makes no sense to me. Uber and Lyft let’s you get your money right away. Also, if a passenger cancels a ride while you’re 5 minutes away from him, the passenger is charged $5 and you get that money.

Fiverr is always talking about the future and the gig economy, but almost every company seems to be ahead of them when it comes to billing.

Archived