Is there a full moon or something?

voiceoverwork

Just this morning…

Request for a fully voiced, edited and produced, 75 minute narration, synched to a video… they want it delivered in 2 hours!

Request for a 60 minute audition, for a project being crowd funded, for production in mid-2014. And they need it today!

Request for a 257 word narration for a medical product. Requirements? Sign an NDA and a Non-compete!

My head hurts!

I was asked today to sign a nda, create music, relinquish any rights and blindly accept the gig with zero prior knowledge of the specifics. I respectfully declined without a basic outline of the concept. Regardless of your copyright- it’s easy to link people to your performances to other folk’s use of your music.

I had a prospective client trying to haggle me into lowering my prices 1,500 words for $5 per article (my gig is stipulated for 400 words for $5).

In the beginning, he wanted me to do all kinds of links for product information… and only wanted to pay $20 instead of the $50 he was quoted to pay. I’ve repeatedly declined, and this morning after offering me $10 for two articles at 1,500 words, I wrote another message, declining once more and even giving him suggestions of other Fiverrs he could possibly work with that could meet his requirements.

After I did that, I reported him. I was tired of getting messages after being honest that working together was not going to work. Each message he sends, I have to respond to or it’s a hit on my response rate. GRRR!

Maybe someone can help him but I am NOT that someone. I may need cash to pay for Christmas presents and pay for my car to be repaired but I’m not hurting that bad… not the time it’ll take me to research the material and write it up. It takes time away from my family and my other work… I had told him he was already getting a discount, and yet he wanted more.

Proud to have stuck to my guns.

Archived