New Users on Fiverr not getting enough for the sake of their time spent on this site

salmanmaqsood80

Fiverr doesn’t redirect buyers to us. Fiverr only facilitate an easy way for buyers to find a seller they want to order from. The algorithm is made to show buyers even more sellers that Fiverr believes they will like.

Meaning that everyone here started from the same level, and everyone has the same shot at rissing to being known. The level of success we get is proportional to the value we provide to our customers. Being the cheapest doesn’t mean you will get sales.

In fact, being the cheapest is something that many people avoid using, because of the perceived value.

You want to get more sales? Get better at what you offer. You say there are 12,000+ background removal services? Ofc they are. It’s the easiest thing anyone can do with a software. You need to offer something more valuable than that, and distinguish yourself beyond your competition.

People think falsely that you need to be the best in your niche. While that might work, it’s much better to create a niche of yourself. That guarantee that no matter what, clients will come to you, because you are the only one providing a service in a specific way.

Your success is in your hands. And if Fiverr gives you now level 2, as a gift, that doesn’t mean that you will have a lot of clients. Clients look at many things when picking a seller, the level is not one of them (at least to my experience). I had times when I had more orders with no level, because of a demotions, than other times when I had level 2.

I went from level 1, to zero level, and now I am 2. And I managed to mantain my sales with persistence, hard work and perseverance. Posting on buyers request, creating a stellar experience so that customers return, and anything else it was needed.

You should give up the illusion that a badge will make things a success for you. Otherwise you will get there and you will be disappointed. Your success is only in your hands. 🙂

This reminded me about a fable with a painter. He had a hard time selling paintings and complained to his friend that he makes a painting in a day, but he sells it in a month. And his friend said, “Maybe if you do a painting in a month, you will sell it in a day”.

I say to you @salmanmaqsood80, maybe it’s time to do a painting in a month. Food for thought.

Fiverr doesn’t redirect buyers to us. Fiverr only facilitate an easy way for buyers to find a seller they want to order from. The algorithm is made to show buyers even more sellers that Fiverr believes they will like.

Meaning that everyone here started from the same level, and everyone has the same shot at rissing to being known. The level of success we get is proportional to the value we provide to our customers. Being the cheapest doesn’t mean you will get sales.

In fact, being the cheapest is something that many people avoid using, because of the perceived value.

You want to get more sales? Get better at what you offer. You say there are 12,000+ background removal services? Ofc they are. It’s the easiest thing anyone can do with a software. You need to offer something more valuable than that, and distinguish yourself beyond your competition.

People think falsely that you need to be the best in your niche. While that might work, it’s much better to create a niche of yourself. That guarantee that no matter what, clients will come to you, because you are the only one providing a service in a specific way.

Your success is in your hands. And if Fiverr gives you now level 2, as a gift, that doesn’t mean that you will have a lot of clients. Clients look at many things when picking a seller, the level is not one of them (at least to my experience). I had times when I had more orders with no level, because of a demotions, than other times when I had level 2.

I went from level 1, to zero level, and now I am 2. And I managed to mantain my sales with persistence, hard work and perseverance. Posting on buyers request, creating a stellar experience so that customers return, and anything else it was needed.

You should give up the illusion that a badge will make things a success for you. Otherwise you will get there and you will be disappointed. Your success is only in your hands. 🙂

This reminded me about a fable with a painter. He had a hard time selling paintings and complained to his friend that he makes a painting in a day, but he sells it in a month. And his friend said, “Maybe if you do a painting in a month, you will sell it in a day”.

I say to you @salmanmaqsood80, maybe it’s time to do a painting in a month. Food for thought.

The algorithm is made to show buyers even more sellers that Fiverr believes they will like.

For sure. I only recently realized that when I’m looking at a seller’s gig, it doesn’t only show me recommendations (other seller’s gigs) below that gig but that recommendations even is one of 4 or so links above that seller’s gig, even before the link to their gig’s FAQ.

The algorithm is made to show buyers even more sellers that Fiverr believes they will like.

For sure. I only recently realized that when I’m looking at a seller’s gig, it doesn’t only show me recommendations (other seller’s gigs) below that gig but that recommendations even is one of 4 or so links above that seller’s gig, even before the link to their gig’s FAQ.

Good point. I also realized at my gigs, that when visitors convert to buying customers, I get a flood of new visitors and messages. It’s not random. The Fiverr’s job is to present THE BEST OFFER for a buyer. That means a converting offer. If you don’t convert well, you drop in search results fast. 🙂

Good point. I also realized at my gigs, that when visitors convert to buying customers, I get a flood of new visitors and messages. It’s not random. The Fiverr’s job is to present THE BEST OFFER for a buyer. That means a converting offer. If you don’t convert well, you drop in search results fast. 🙂

Yeah… thank you, new seller who contacted me via Fiverr inbox today to ask for help, for dropping my conversion rate - that’s another reason why you should only message people if you at least perhaps intend to buy from them and why some people might report you for messaging/spamming, instead of just sending you back to the forum. 😉

To get back to OP’s issue, though - if you’re new, you really need to make your gigs stand out. That might be a big advantage you have over some older sellers who have everything on auto-pilot and don’t even think of updating their gigs/business model/extras to the ever-changing market and to the also ever-changing Fiverr algorithm and rules.

Yeah… thank you, new seller who contacted me via Fiverr inbox today to ask for help, for dropping my conversion rate - that’s another reason why you should only message people if you at least perhaps intend to buy from them and why some people might report you for messaging/spamming, instead of just sending you back to the forum. 😉

To get back to OP’s issue, though - if you’re new, you really need to make your gigs stand out. That might be a big advantage you have over some older sellers who have everything on auto-pilot and don’t even think of updating their gigs/business model/extras to the ever-changing market and to the also ever-changing Fiverr algorithm and rules.

Sorry to hear that. The Fiverr platform is a place where you send messages to order, not to ask questions. That’s why we have the forum. They deserve the spam report in that case. 🙂

Sorry to hear that. The Fiverr platform is a place where you send messages to order, not to ask questions. That’s why we have the forum. They deserve the spam report in that case. 🙂

I tend to be lenient when the account is really new and it’s a polite message, though I don’t give other tips than to not spam because it’s risky and to go to the forum for any help. You’re right, though.

Hi there,

I just want to talk about that okay its very fine that fiverr is good platform for freelancing but what about new users because fiverr is spreading and not thinking about new users, New users online all day and some of them all night just for the sack of work but in the end what they get $5 dollar job with a lot of revisions, on the other hand users that are on like level 1 or level 2 they’re getting hell lot of work to do and buyer paying them very handsome amounts for their work, more about buyers every buyer need experience if i’m a new user i don’t have any previous experience what should i do, Fiverr needs to make a way for new users that allow them to work hard and offer them good jobs in an easy way

Thanks

fiverr is spreading and not thinking about new users

Fiverr is the only freelancing website that thinks about both new and old seller ( Both buyer and seller).

My first month earning was $300+. I have used other marketplace and my earning was 0 (Big 0) and I earned 30k+ only because of fiverr and I started my fiverr journey as a new seller.

So do research about how fiverr works and how to become successful in fiverr.

that’s a nice lecture btw thank you

what do you think about the spammers that are totally fake accounts on fiverr and pretending themselves as a buyers and sending virus in a zip folders to sellers, fiverr should give some sort of security to the seller because fiverr is making hell lot of money from sellers not from buyers

fiverr is making hell lot of money from sellers not from buyers

Actually, Fiverr makes their money from buyers – not sellers, since the funds to purchase any order come from buyers. Fiverr claims 20% of the purchase price, while holding the remaining 80% for the seller.

what do you think about the spammers that are totally fake accounts on fiverr and pretending themselves as a buyers and sending virus in a zip folders to sellers, fiverr should give some sort of security to the seller because fiverr is making hell lot of money from sellers not from buyers

what do you think about the spammers that are totally fake accounts on fiverr and pretending themselves as a buyers and sending virus in a zip folders to sellers, fiverr should give some sort of security to the seller

Is part of your responsibility to scan any type of file that is sent to you.

fiverr is making hell lot of money from sellers not from buyers

Actually, Fiverr makes their money from buyers – not sellers, since the funds to purchase any order come from buyers. Fiverr claims 20% of the purchase price, while holding the remaining 80% for the seller.

i am sorry bro but that’s not true

what do you think about the spammers that are totally fake accounts on fiverr and pretending themselves as a buyers and sending virus in a zip folders to sellers, fiverr should give some sort of security to the seller

Is part of your responsibility to scan any type of file that is sent to you.

Brother i am not talking about files, i am talking about the about holding accounts here and sending virus to the seller

Hi there,

I just want to talk about that okay its very fine that fiverr is good platform for freelancing but what about new users because fiverr is spreading and not thinking about new users, New users online all day and some of them all night just for the sack of work but in the end what they get $5 dollar job with a lot of revisions, on the other hand users that are on like level 1 or level 2 they’re getting hell lot of work to do and buyer paying them very handsome amounts for their work, more about buyers every buyer need experience if i’m a new user i don’t have any previous experience what should i do, Fiverr needs to make a way for new users that allow them to work hard and offer them good jobs in an easy way

Thanks

on the other hand users that are on like level 1 or level 2 they’re getting hell lot of work to do and buyer paying them very handsome amounts for their work

Firstly it take hard work and dedication to reach the Levels so if they get paid better it’s there hard work that pays them. I see many new users who don’t provide service for $5 it’s because they know their worth!

i don’t have any previous experience what should i do

You can read Terms and conitons at first, Visit forum to learn new things and how to use Fiverr.

Then coming to skills if you have good skills you will be successful because for skills there is no need to have experience wheter you work on any Freelance platform or not. So, if you think you are good at this and that things start making gigs and start using buyer request to get your first orders.

the people who are working hours on a $5 order need to do some reevaluating, no one should be spending 2 hours or more on just a $5 order, you need to price your services accordingly and provide high quality services that have great value and are not the same thing everyone else is doing, fiverr is filled with people trying to make a quick buck and put no thought into their services, fiverr is saturated with the same services, unless you are a pro at what you do, its hard to stand out on here. Fiverr does have its flaws but the people that are on level 1 or 2 worked very hard for that and are pros at what they do.

Please do not try to falsely correct me. My comments ARE 100% accurate and true. You can read the same in the Fiverr TOS. Fiverr makes their money from buyers who purchase services on this site. Fiverr keeps 20% of the sale amount each buyer pays, and the other 80% goes to the seller.

Please do not try to falsely correct me. My comments ARE 100% accurate and true. You can read the same in the Fiverr TOS. Fiverr makes their money from buyers who purchase services on this site. Fiverr keeps 20% of the sale amount each buyer pays, and the other 80% goes to the seller.

But it’s the sellers who do the jobs for the buyers that Fiverr takes the 20% from (yes the buyers are the ones who pay for those). If there were no sellers to do the jobs for the buyers, Fiverr wouldn’t be able to take the 20% from each gig that was delivered.

Most sellers are also buyers. Also, Fiverr is also earning from sellers through their “Learn from Fiverr” scheme, where each course a seller (or buyer?) takes earns money for Fiverr.

users that are on like level 1 or level 2 they’re getting hell lot of work to do and buyer paying them very handsome amounts for their work,

Many level 1 and level 2 sellers are not receiving orders at all.

Sales are never guaranteed, whether you’re a new or an old seller. And complaining on the forum about the lack of sales accomplishes nothing.

Fiverr needs to make a way for new users that allow them to work hard and offer them good jobs in an easy way

There’s no easy way for anyone.

You said it, I’ll go days without orders and I’m a level one. You have to keep on pushing and strive for success!

But it’s the sellers who do the jobs for the buyers that Fiverr takes the 20% from (yes the buyers are the ones who pay for those). If there were no sellers to do the jobs for the buyers, Fiverr wouldn’t be able to take the 20% from each gig that was delivered.

Most sellers are also buyers. Also, Fiverr is also earning from sellers through their “Learn from Fiverr” scheme, where each course a seller (or buyer?) takes earns money for Fiverr.

If there were no sellers to do the jobs for the buyers, Fiverr wouldn’t be able to take the 20% from each gig that was delivered.

And if there were no buyers purchasing services, there would be no 20% for Fiverr to keep. Thus, the services revenue on this site comes from buyers, and is shared (according to the terms of the TOS) between Fiverr, and the sellers offering the services. 😉

Sellers are not providing money to Fiverr, the buyers are. Fiverr puts all of the buyer’s purchase price in escrow – before work is even begun – and then releases the appropriate percentages when the order is complete.

Irrespective of where the money comes from, I think it is safe to say that both buyers and sellers are EQUALLY important. One would not exist without the other. However, considering how sellers are a dime a dozen, they’re usually a lot more dispensable (than the buyers). But, that shouldn’t make them any less important.

If there were no sellers to do the jobs for the buyers, Fiverr wouldn’t be able to take the 20% from each gig that was delivered.

And if there were no buyers purchasing services, there would be no 20% for Fiverr to keep. Thus, the services revenue on this site comes from buyers, and is shared (according to the terms of the TOS) between Fiverr, and the sellers offering the services. 😉

Sellers are not providing money to Fiverr, the buyers are. Fiverr puts all of the buyer’s purchase price in escrow – before work is even begun – and then releases the appropriate percentages when the order is complete.

Sellers are not providing money to Fiverr,

So if a seller buys a course from “Learn from Fiverr” who gets the money paid for the course? If a seller needs to buy a service (such as for a voice over) to complete a gig, who gets the money? If there were no sellers to do the gigs, how would Fiverr get the money (so while a buyer will pay for a gig, Fiverr gets paid because of the work done by the seller. If there were no sellers they (Fiverr) wouldn’t get paid for those gigs).

Sellers are not providing money to Fiverr,

So if a seller buys a course from “Learn from Fiverr” who gets the money paid for the course? If a seller needs to buy a service (such as for a voice over) to complete a gig, who gets the money? If there were no sellers to do the gigs, how would Fiverr get the money (so while a buyer will pay for a gig, Fiverr gets paid because of the work done by the seller. If there were no sellers they (Fiverr) wouldn’t get paid for those gigs).

So if a seller buys a course from “Learn from Fiverr” who gets the money paid for the course?

A seller buying a course from Fiverr’s “Learn From Fiverr” program, is not the same kind of revenue from a buyer playing for a seller service. Those Fiverr educational courses are not gigs. They are two very different revenue formats. It would be unwise to try to combine apples and oranges to support your argument. They are not the same.

This site was built for gigs. Buyers provide the revenue for gigs. Fiverr’s chosen educational courses are a separate, additional feature which is designed specifically for sellers to learn and grow. Sellers provide the revenue for that feature as an investment in their business. My previous commentary addressed the vast majority of revenue on this site – which is undeniably provided by buyers when they pay for gig services.

Hi there,

Thanks

Hi there,

Thanks

Fiverr has a lot more features to help new sellers than veteran ones.

just a few examples:

1. buyers request
  2. Lowering the total reviews to 1k+, instead showing the right number higher than 1k.
  3. Newest arrival and Recommended/Relevance filters.
  4. raising talent badges
  5. Available now (cancelled), but it was another feature used to help new sellers.
  6. placement rotation, so the best seller isn’t always on top of first pages
  7. sellers with just a couple of reviews being on top o best selling ranking.

I would like to see just one feature who really helps only veteran sellers instead new ones.

Buyers are free to chose who they want to work. Most of buyers will chose sellers with a good experience, so those who don’t have experience/sales, should start doing something for this.

Creating a gig and waiting isn’t the answer. There is no easy way, only hard way.

i am not complaining anything but what i am saying is fiverr should make a category for seller and buyer high budget and low budget values now pro’s are available here but fiverr needs to be more categorize

Fiverr categorize it by quality, not prices.

Higher quality sellers are PRO’s, which are higher budget ones.

I see many new users getting a lot of orders, becoming level 1 and 2.

If you want to succeed, start to pursuit your success. IF you wait it to come to you, maybe you will never see it.

Archived