Who wants to stop a scammer?!

alliemadison12

I recommend that all Fiverr sellers google image your photos to see where your pictures are, because I found out that someone made an entire website using my image, pretending to be me, and a twitter page as well as a YouTube channel and a google +. This is a former customer of mine, and I do know his full name.

The website is [fragglesrock]

and you can easily get to the social media accounts he created pretending to be me.

As a side note, does anyone know what legal action I should take if he doesn’t stop? I don’t want to hire a lawyer over this but there has to be something that can be done.

Thanks!

Sheriff’s note: sorry, external links are not allowed, even in cases such as this

Woah, I just checked out all her stuff… they’re totally pretending to be you down to saying they’re from Wisconsin. Fiverr can’t do anything about it as it’s not being done ON Fiverr. Yay, legal stuff! But I’d still go ahead and report the buyer so they’re aware of the issue. It won’t change it but it doesn’t hurt.

As far as what’s the video (I watched the video you made for them) and you said the word I will never say “my” making it appear that you’re the face behind the website. I have and will never do that for this exact reason.

Know Fiverr’s terms: "Ownership and limitations: unless clearly stated otherwise in the Gig description text, when the work is delivered, the buyer is granted all intellectual property rights, including but not limited to, copyrights for the work delivered from the seller and the seller waives any and all moral rights therein. For removal of doubt, in custom created work (such as art work, design work, report generation etc.), the delivered service shall be the exclusive property of buyer. The seller expressly agrees to assign to buyer the copyright in any delivered services that do not meet the requirements of a work-for-hire under the U.S. Copyright Act. Additionally, independent of the U.S. Copyright Act, the seller agrees that unless he indicated otherwise in the Gig description, once the order is completed the seller assigns along with it to the buyer, to the fullest extent possible under the law, all of its rights, title and interest, if any, in and to the delivered service and waives any and all moral rights in connection therewith."

As far as what they ordered… (I can probably assume the video was purchased based on the gigs you supply) you can’t do anything. You agreed to Fiverr’s Terms of Service during sign up, and thus agreeing to the “legal stuff” and copyright terms. As far as the other things that I don’t know about like the photos, it just depends as I don’t know if you personally delivered them as work or not. If you did/did not deliver the photos to the seller as work just depends on what you’ll be able to fight for.

If you didn’t and they’re personally yours, it’s copyright. You can fight to have them taken down but you’ll have to show legal proof, of course. If you did deliver the photos as work, then you’re going to have a tougher battle. You can file legal action for impersonation, but the work you delivered is not theirs. Depending on the variable you will have to get the police involved (this ALWAYS helps). If that doesn’t work, I would recommend filing a civil suit, you can sue for the fees it will cost you to file. Impersonation is a crime, but depends on the city, state, and country. Hope that helps!

Best of luck to you!

alliemadison12 said: I have put my sleuthing skills to work and know where this person works, even where he lives

Keep in mind stalking and harassment is a crime (I know you're not serious, but anything can be taken out of content). And as the law goes "anything you say (or do) can be used against you in the court of law". Keep your hands and message free of threats (unless they're legal ones). It's going to be hard to defense your self when they pull of the comment where you tell another user you've found out where they worked/lived. It will only be an uphill battle for you. Keep a clean image! :-B

I’d like to rant about Google while simultaneously defying that which has been emboldened.

A search for “glowing lean system” which undoubtedly wasn’t even a thing before September, yields an overwhelmingly impressive set of results. For a few reasons:

A. ) It’s utter nonsense. No one would search for that phrase unless they are previously aware of the product

B. ) They use scam-centric marketplaces (such as PRWeb) that take full advantage of the downward spiral Google is in. Social search is garbage, semantic web gone horribly wrong. It prioritizes social networking posts (recently generated information, let’s be honest: we’re not getting smarter) over longstanding, reliable (propagandized as “stale”) information.

C.) Either the GLS author (or more likely one of the phony PR firms) submitted their videos and content all over. It’s a warehouse of desperation that is making me proud to not be affiliated with. They’ve registered a domain along the lines of OURPRODUCTreview dot domain with intro text "does this product really work? find out here!"

D.) Seems to be spring-boarding off of a previously semi-established web entity known as “Kimberly Snyder” who has her own .net proudly proclaiming herself as a “best-selling author” with products featured on OZ, Good Morning America, E! You should see if this is true…and…well, you do what feels right 🙂

Oo I feel like we’re on the verge of something exciting. Or stupid. I expect at least one lawsuit.

And: I would like to add, all things considered…the WHOIS is only SEMI-reliable. I can verify…you can really just put anything. Lol.

AND!!!: Kimberly Snyder is a real person who’s actually been on Dr. Oz?! GLS system is an affiliated product?? What’s going on here??? maybe it’s just 3am, adware hijacked my search results, but something seems VERY disturbing. I’d love to meet this person.

“Hey Kim, uh maybe we could go on this date real quick and I won’t have to unravel your phony empire strand by strand?” sigh Only for Allie 😉

Archived