When customers contact us

startforte

Hey sellers!

I always answer when a customer contacts me with a private message. I try to find a solution to the customer’s problem and I also offer my services kindly.

However, sometimes the customer no longer responds to me after my response.
What is causing this? Has this happened to you also? I understand that people may have rush or other things to do, but I always feel kinda sad if they don’t respond to my message.

And one more technical question - why some customers seem to be always online?

Thanks in advance for your answer!

Hey sellers!

I always answer when a customer contacts me with a private message. I try to find a solution to the customer’s problem and I also offer my services kindly.

What is causing this? Has this happened to you also? I understand that people may have rush or other things to do, but I always feel kinda sad if they don’t respond to my message.

And one more technical question - why some customers seem to be always online?

Thanks in advance for your answer!

Some customers will fire out messages to multiple sellers. Logic would suggest they do this because they’re looking for the lowest price, but they might also be trying to see if they have a better rapport with one seller over another (or whatever else is the most important criteria to them).

It would be nice to think that buyers would ‘close off’ all their conversations by letting sellers know they’ve found another supplier, but the world doesn’t work like that.

This happens to us often. At least 1 out of every 5 messages we get is clearly a buyer mass-messaging looking for the lowest price. We had a buyer the other night message us about an urgent project, and we exchanged 4 or 5 messages, even getting down to the nitty-gritty of the specific time we would be able to deliver her super-urgent project. The next message was our price, and we’ve never heard from her since! She was obviously hoping to pay much less than what we asked for.

Don’t waste your time feeling bad about it. Move on. If you find that nobody is replying to your messages, it could be to do with your messaging.

Some customers will fire out messages to multiple sellers. Logic would suggest they do this because they’re looking for the lowest price, but they might also be trying to see if they have a better rapport with one seller over another (or whatever else is the most important criteria to them).

It would be nice to think that buyers would ‘close off’ all their conversations by letting sellers know they’ve found another supplier, but the world doesn’t work like that.

This happens to us often. At least 1 out of every 5 messages we get is clearly a buyer mass-messaging looking for the lowest price. We had a buyer the other night message us about an urgent project, and we exchanged 4 or 5 messages, even getting down to the nitty-gritty of the specific time we would be able to deliver her super-urgent project. The next message was our price, and we’ve never heard from her since! She was obviously hoping to pay much less than what we asked for.

Don’t waste your time feeling bad about it. Move on. If you find that nobody is replying to your messages, it could be to do with your messaging.

Thanks for your very clear and kind reply! My ratio has been also about 1/5.

And by the way, I checked your gig’s - they look awesome!

I hope you all the best 😄

It feels frustrating when buyers stop responding to inquires.

So the thing I tell myself is that the buyer is busy communicating with more than one seller and hence always occupied with details and other stuff.

The best thing to do is give it time and make the most of every single message you send buyer’s way.

Archived