Not happy about fiverr service fee on tips

dspaugh

I don’t sell anything on fiverr. I buy services.

I like to tip vendors.

I don’t like the fact that fiverr charges a $2 service fee for the payment, and another $2 service fee for the tip.

So here’s some feedback for you fiverr: your overall delivery of a marketplace is pretty good, but your service fees on tips is a stupid policy, so you suck!

I don’t sell anything on fiverr. I buy services.

I like to tip vendors.

I don’t like the fact that fiverr charges a $2 service fee for the payment, and another $2 service fee for the tip.

So here’s some feedback for you fiverr: your overall delivery of a marketplace is pretty good, but your service fees on tips is a stupid policy, so you suck!

This explains why I have not had a tip for 45 days! :roll_eyes:

• 9 months later...

I actually agree with you on this. I don’t think Fiverr should charge a dime on tips. But here’s the thing. What happens if a buyer and a seller workout a plan for the buyer to pay so much for the tip and then $5 for the actual job? This would mean Fiverr would loose out big-time.

Eek. The logic is flawed. Basically ‘we’re going to screw you, who’ll then screw the seller by lowering/not tipping at all, so we don’t get screwed’. I’m also not sure this was really the driver behind the decision (even that’s what we hear).

If this scenario with the Paying $5, tipping $150 played out- these transactions would occur on fivver not in some bubble outside their purview. They would know. Also they force your hand on the minimum (50%+service fee) and the increments you can choose. Feels like a very uncreative, low rent way of driving another revenue stream.

They should post a job for a biz dev person on fiverr.

Eek. The logic is flawed. Basically ‘we’re going to screw you, who’ll then screw the seller by lowering/not tipping at all, so we don’t get screwed’. I’m also not sure this was really the driver behind the decision (even that’s what we hear).

If this scenario with the Paying $5, tipping $150 played out- these transactions would occur on fivver not in some bubble outside their purview. They would know. Also they force your hand on the minimum (50%+service fee) and the increments you can choose. Feels like a very uncreative, low rent way of driving another revenue stream.

They should post a job for a biz dev person on fiverr.

NOTE: You are responding to a forum topic that ended a year ago. Please start a new topic if you wish to post a rant about the service fee.

Archived