This is just unbelievable

gabrielavila96

@gabrielavila96 This is a terrible situation. It happened to me, too.

FIRST - Allow yourself to be temporarily discouraged and then brush it off.

SECOND - If you ask CS and they allow you to - as in you formally receive their written permission - you may contact the Buyer outside of Fiverr to get payment.

I had created a $50 custom audio for someone, who not only left a 5 star rating but also a $25 tip because he loved what I created. Three months go by and I suddenly received a Cancellation notice and the payment and tip was taken out of my earnings. I was triggered! After receiving the formal written approval from CS I contacted the Buyer since it was audio for his business. I ended up receiving payment. Please, I hate to sound like a broken record – but you must get Fiverr’s written approval to contact a former Buyer outside of this platform because otherwise it is a violation of TOS. Okay? Good.

THIRD: Whatever happens, you are still a viable money maker! While the sting of this is still new today, it will hurt less tomorrow. Why it took so long for PayPal to react you will never know. That Buyer sounds like he was kicked from the platform because he/she was a fraud. None of this is a reflection upon you or your character. Know that you are a good person, and good things come to good people. I am holding space that you receive what you are due.

FOURTH: This has absolutely nothing to do with your post, but I just had something “unbelievable” happen to me. I share it with you for whatever it may be worth. On Valentine’s Day of this year, I provided a watermarked audition via message. Not abnormal. That’s the way a voice is cast for commercials. Last week a friend contacted me and said, “Hey, is that you on xyz commercial?” I’m like - what?! So I get the URL and sure enough - it’s my voice on the commercial! This Buyer had to go to all the trouble to scrub my audition audio to cobble together the ad. Wow! I’ve never had anyone steal my voice audition before (well, that I know of). Anyhoo, I confronted this person and they paid me. I mean, what else could they do after being caught red handed?

SO - there you go, my friend. I hope that is helpful in some way. Or at least a short distraction. 😁

I really do wish you the best of luck with this. And remember, this is just a small bump in the road. Good things come to good people. And karma takes care of the rest.

Be well!

~Lisa

If you ask CS and they allow you to - as in you formally receive their written permission - you may contact the Buyer outside of Fiverr to get payment.

Hi @ilovevoiceover. Unfortunately, that information about CS allowing contact outside of Fiverr is incorrect. The agent who said that was mistaken. Also, while investigating this case, we found that the agent also did not handle the ticket correctly and you should have been compensated before that point for that particular Gig.

Please do not start contacting CS to ask if you can contact the buyer/seller outside of Fiverr.

I understand that fiverr can’t help but refund the scammer’s money, but why does the seller’s rating have to be affected? That’s just bullshit on fiverr’s part, if you ban the buyer’s account can’t you also restore the seller’s reputation? I’ve made up my mind to move away from fiverr, sellers are treated like shit over here.

• 3 weeks later...

If you ask CS and they allow you to - as in you formally receive their written permission - you may contact the Buyer outside of Fiverr to get payment.

Hi @ilovevoiceover. Unfortunately, that information about CS allowing contact outside of Fiverr is incorrect. The agent who said that was mistaken. Also, while investigating this case, we found that the agent also did not handle the ticket correctly and you should have been compensated before that point for that particular Gig.

Please do not start contacting CS to ask if you can contact the buyer/seller outside of Fiverr.

Hi @mjensen415,

Thanks for the clarification. There have been so many scam artist buyers to deal with.

The number of Buyers who threaten cancellation if they do not get something for free happens regularly.

So, because I won’t work for free the order is cancelled. These Buyers know they can bully successfully. There is no repercussion for them to threaten the cancellation. For the Seller, the gig is pushed to the bottom of the results and they are demoted, losing their status. If you have any advice for this I am all ears!

I appreciate you taking the time to advise that the former agent was mistaken. Have a great day.

~Lisa

• 4 months later...

Had the same situation yesterday. Was a little bit shocked. I did the order deliver one day earlier than required and had 5 star review, everything was good, customer is happy, and one week later I got the email about cancellation order. The order cost was only 5 dollars which is not a big loss but rating dropped from 100% to 92%, that was kinda offencive. So I wrote to support, gave all information include screenshots, and guess what? They answer next day and did back my rating to 100% as it should be. I was surprised!

Had the same situation yesterday. Was a little bit shocked. I did the order deliver one day earlier than required and had 5 star review, everything was good, customer is happy, and one week later I got the email about cancellation order. The order cost was only 5 dollars which is not a big loss but rating dropped from 100% to 92%, that was kinda offencive. So I wrote to support, gave all information include screenshots, and guess what? They answer next day and did back my rating to 100% as it should be. I was surprised!

They answer next day and did back my rating to 100% as it should be.

That’s wonderful! I’ve never heard of CS doing that before. I have heard of them refunding the money however but not changing the completion rate.

They answer next day and did back my rating to 100% as it should be.

That’s wonderful! I’ve never heard of CS doing that before. I have heard of them refunding the money however but not changing the completion rate.

f.PNG.97c36f187a52f68cb388fe9389d70914.PNG

Yeah, it was not so big problem and my rating wasn’t so bad and I didnt lost a million, but anyway I was really surprised for fast reply and fixing this

Yeah, it was not so big problem and my rating wasn’t so bad and I didnt lost a million, but anyway I was really surprised for fast reply and fixing this

I need to say that I’m very upset with fiverr support. Especially after seeing that they are fixing it for some people and still saying that they can’t for others. I had 2 unfair cancellations and one with the same charge back but they keep saying that “we can not change your completion ratio so it will remain the same, but hey, it still looks good so don’t you worry”

Well maybe this is something new they are doing hopefully.

Definitely not 😂 they fixed it once for me like 6-7 months ago but now they are backing back their response, we had people on the forum saying it was fixed for them beginning of this year. (My charge back was a month ago, so in the same period but they are still saying they can’t do anything. And buyer profile is still active by the way. So you can imagine I’m pretty pissed if by this situation. Not even a chargeback itself but how fiverr support handles it)

Archived