Learn from Fiverr

mjensen415

Introducing Learn from Fiverr, a new, affordable and curated online course platform designed specifically to help freelancers and professionals uplevel their skills and grow their businesses.

Our mission at Fiverr is to create the platform for the future of work. Our marketplace is already changing the lives of millions of people who have chosen to lead the freelancing lifestyle. And today, we are proud to introduce another product designed to help freelancers sharpen their skills – we call it Learn from Fiverr™️.

Meet Learn from Fiverr: the first curated online course platform designed specifically to help freelancers and professionals uplevel their skills and grow their businesses.

This new e-learning platform is not just another ordinary learning tool. It is a first-of-its-kind program uniquely tailored and crafted by Fiverr, featuring some of the most accomplished instructors with experience working with brands like Apple, Nike and Google. What makes this program stand out is the fact that for the first time, graduates of courses will undergo a completion test, earn a special course badge and be guaranteed to receive extended exposure on the Fiverr marketplace, ensuring that their newly earned skills will translate into business.

The courses

Freelancers will be able to take custom-made courses starting in fields such as graphic design, branding, digital marketing and copywriting. Specific topics include: branding, viral marketing, Facebook ads (advanced courses), and illustration, all taught by top experts in their field. In addition to core knowledge, Learn courses will also include freelance-centric content including creating a proper brief for clients, conducting effective market research and delivering the final product.

We’ve gathered some of the best instructors and professionals across all industries to teach on-demand video classes tailored for #freelancers, just like you.

Turning earned skills into business growth

Not only will freelancers learn the skills they need to succeed, but those who have taken the courses and passed the final exams will be recognized on theFiverrplatform by having exclusive badges for their completed courses placed on their profile page. They will also see an improvement to their overall ranking on the platform, potentially leading to additional sales and ultimately business growth.

Once you’ve completed a course, you can improve your ranking, and stand out from other sellers in your category. And oh yeah, you’ll get a sweet badge to boot.

Simply put, Learn from Fiverr is built for anyone looking to monetize a passion, take an entrepreneurial endeavor to the next level, or simply learn a new skill — and this is just the beginning. We are looking forward to building out many more courses to help you improve your skills and earn a living. Learn is another step in building the platform for helping the world work together; one that addresses everything in the independent and business lifestyle.

Ready to learn more and earn more? Get started here.

We’re also opening up a new Category here in the forum to discuss the courses and answer any questions!

earn a special course badge and be guaranteed to receive extended exposure on the Fiverr marketplace

They will also see an improvement to their overall ranking on the platform, potentially leading to additional sales and ultimately business growth.

Information I received from Fiverr CS recently contradicts this guarantee:

image.png.96f803e020b66ef452d9f65cce7b9e7b.png
image708×424 37.9 KB

If anyone is planning to enroll for Learn courses in 2020, just to gain a better gig ranking and exposure, please consider the above.

• Like 5

earn a special course badge and be guaranteed to receive extended exposure on the Fiverr marketplace

They will also see an improvement to their overall ranking on the platform, potentially leading to additional sales and ultimately business growth.

If anyone is planning to enroll for Learn courses in 2020, just to gain a better gig ranking and exposure, please consider the above.

The automatic email from Fiverr about finishing a course (when you haven’t finished it yet) also says “Improve your Fiverr ranking, expand your skill set, and more!”. But from your message from CS it seems it doesn’t have any effect on ranking, directly - but they don’t say that in the message.

I think it should be made clearer in info about the courses, and emails that it has no direct affect on ranking, etc.

• Like 7

The automatic email from Fiverr about finishing a course (when you haven’t finished it yet) also says “Improve your Fiverr ranking, expand your skill set, and more!”. But from your message from CS it seems it doesn’t have any effect on ranking, directly - but they don’t say that in the message.

I think it should be made clearer in info about the courses, and emails that it has no direct affect on ranking, etc.

This won’t happen. The entire point of Learn is to make money out of seller dreams of being page 1 sales superstars. Implying that learn courses will boost your ranking is what sells them. Without that, courses are pretty worthless. At least unless you create one and enjoy making an easy passive income.

• Like 4

This won’t happen. The entire point of Learn is to make money out of seller dreams of being page 1 sales superstars. Implying that learn courses will boost your ranking is what sells them. Without that, courses are pretty worthless. At least unless you create one and enjoy making an easy passive income.

Implying that learn courses will boost your ranking is what sells them.

But that’s misleading (or worse) if it doesn’t actually have a direct influence on ranking. It’s like false advertising sort of if it has no direct effect on it.

• Like 5

should be made clearer in info about the courses

Not gonna happen!

I contacted them again with a link to @mjensen415’s announcement and here is the reply I received!

image.png.7608b952fa2eeee3a4909d4cf5ebe6c0.png
image703×351 28.6 KB
  • Like 6

Implying that learn courses will boost your ranking is what sells them.

But that’s misleading (or worse) if it doesn’t actually have a direct influence on ranking. It’s like false advertising sort of if it has no direct effect on it.

Its not false advertising. Having more skills and being better at what you will help you achieve a better ranking.

No where does Fiverr explicitly state that gigs will get get better search exposure. If they did, they would have to say how long for and specify other terms more precisely.

Implying benefits is how advertising works. No one actually likes lettuce or believes that eating a slice will make you drop ten pounds. However, if you want to sell a burger, you need to bang in a slice or too,

By your reasoning, I could take my moisturizer that claims to take off ten years back to the shop because my 10-year old child didn’t pop out of existence after using it.

• Like 5

Its not false advertising. Having more skills and being better at what you will help you achieve a better ranking.

No where does Fiverr explicitly state that gigs will get get better search exposure. If they did, they would have to say how long for and specify other terms more precisely.

Implying benefits is how advertising works. No one actually likes lettuce or believes that eating a slice will make you drop ten pounds. However, if you want to sell a burger, you need to bang in a slice or too,

By your reasoning, I could take my moisturizer that claims to take off ten years back to the shop because my 10-year old child didn’t pop out of existence after using it.

No where does Fiverr explicitly state that gigs will get get better search exposure.

They do in the Fiverr blog that the original post is based on I think.

The Fiverr blog says “and be guaranteed to receive extended exposure on the Fiverr marketplace” (edit: I assume they mean search results there)

fiverr-favicon.icoblog.fiverr.com – 17 Oct 18

LRN003_Social-2-Generic_v1-Blog-1.jpg.203db1dd54ee6e688320a0f3caf364b7.jpg

Fiverr Launches a Unique e-Learning Platform That Is Much More Than Just a...

We are proud to introduce another product designed to help freelancers sharpen their skills - we call it Learn from Fiverr™️.

The help section of the learn page only says “your gigs are likely to gain more visibility in the marketplace and get noticed more”.

But saying “Improve your Fiverr ranking , expand your skill set, and more!” (in an automated Fiverr email) is also misleading if it doesn’t actually improve your ranking by completing the course. It should add a disclaimer or something to that saying it might not or under what conditions it might improve your ranking.

The newest message from support claims it does affect ranking - they say “yes the badge you get from the course will guarantee extended exposure indeed”. Though another FAQ answer on the learn site says:

Therefore, taking a course can help sellers succeed more in the marketplace, but will not hurt good sellers who have not taken courses.

But if it does affect ranking (through the algorithm) it would hurt good sellers who haven’t taken courses by making their gigs lower than good sellers who have completed the course.

• Like 5

The main reasoning might go like this, the badge makes some buyers buy your gig because they feel reassured by the badge, and if a few more people buy your gig with badge than would have without, that will lead to better ranking and more exposure. That second mail from support, however, seems to also confirm a direct effect, like in the info in this thread, just the specifics are in the same vault as those of the algorithm, so we won’t get any details.

• Like 6

If anyone really want to give the Learn course a try, I’d suggest this absolutely FREE course! Maybe you knew it already, but I discovered it lately! 😀

image.thumb.jpg.03583cf3bad42627da4373e2b32a0fa1.jpg
image1357×645 200 KB
  • Like 10

Seeing how my inbox looks lately, I’d applaud a mandatory course for all new sellers that teaches them and tests them about the absolute essentials, like that gigs are from sellers, not from people who want to pay them,
and maybe throw in some things their parents should have told them, like to start addressing people they never met and want to give them work with a “Hi” or something.

• Like 6

No where does Fiverr explicitly state that gigs will get get better search exposure.

They do in the Fiverr blog that the original post is based on I think.

The Fiverr blog says “and be guaranteed to receive extended exposure on the Fiverr marketplace” (edit: I assume they mean search results there)

fiverr-favicon.icoblog.fiverr.com – 17 Oct 18

7811df66321b02aa582dc0e229bbafe803b27fbf.jpeg

Fiverr Launches a Unique e-Learning Platform That Is Much More Than Just a...

We are proud to introduce another product designed to help freelancers sharpen their skills - we call it Learn from Fiverr™️.

The help section of the learn page only says “your gigs are likely to gain more visibility in the marketplace and get noticed more”.

But saying “Improve your Fiverr ranking , expand your skill set, and more!” (in an automated Fiverr email) is also misleading if it doesn’t actually improve your ranking by completing the course. It should add a disclaimer or something to that saying it might not or under what conditions it might improve your ranking.

The newest message from support claims it does affect ranking - they say “yes the badge you get from the course will guarantee extended exposure indeed”. Though another FAQ answer on the learn site says:

Therefore, taking a course can help sellers succeed more in the marketplace, but will not hurt good sellers who have not taken courses.

But if it does affect ranking (through the algorithm) it would hurt good sellers who haven’t taken courses by making their gigs lower than good sellers who have completed the course.

The Fiverr blog says “ and be guaranteed to receive extended exposure on the Fiverr marketplace”.

The Fiverr blog also recommends that sellers ask buyers for reviews. Typically, a lot of

it’s content has no baring on reality,

But saying “ Improve your Fiverr ranking , expand your skill set, and more!” (in an automated Fiverr email) is also misleading

It’s only misleading if you are a complete literalist. Most people aren’t.

Fiverr could say, "Start earning more by expanding your skill set," and using the same logic would imply that if you don’t start earning more, you are a victim of false advertising.

Think about this logically. If Learn courses resulted in better gig ranking positions, anyone could rank their gig better. This wouldn’t just hurt good sellers who don’t take courses, this would hurt Fiverrs’ bottom line.

It would take literally 3-minutes for the word to spread on social media that paying $35 helps you get tons of new orders and has to because Fiverr guarantees it. That would result in hundreds of people rushing to buy courses, all of whom it would not be practically possible to rank on the first search pages.

That would impact the ranking of all other sellers and result in fewer sales and very possibly, poorer buyer satisfaction.

All that said, if you do believe this is false advertising, you can always complain and try and get your money back. :thinking:

• Like 6

The Fiverr blog says “ and be guaranteed to receive extended exposure on the Fiverr marketplace”.

The Fiverr blog also recommends that sellers ask buyers for reviews. Typically, a lot of

it’s content has no baring on reality,

But saying “ Improve your Fiverr ranking , expand your skill set, and more!” (in an automated Fiverr email) is also misleading

It’s only misleading if you are a complete literalist. Most people aren’t.

Fiverr could say, "Start earning more by expanding your skill set," and using the same logic would imply that if you don’t start earning more, you are a victim of false advertising.

Think about this logically. If Learn courses resulted in better gig ranking positions, anyone could rank their gig better. This wouldn’t just hurt good sellers who don’t take courses, this would hurt Fiverrs’ bottom line.

It would take literally 3-minutes for the word to spread on social media that paying $35 helps you get tons of new orders and has to because Fiverr guarantees it. That would result in hundreds of people rushing to buy courses, all of whom it would not be practically possible to rank on the first search pages.

That would impact the ranking of all other sellers and result in fewer sales and very possibly, poorer buyer satisfaction.

All that said, if you do believe this is false advertising, you can always complain and try and get your money back. :thinking:

If every seller was buying courses / every course to increase their rank over others who hadn’t yet bought the same amount of courses, I don’t think it would reduce Fiverr’s profits (even if it affected which gigs got bought, if they were earning enough from the courses to make up for any losses). They could keep adding new, expensive courses, they’d get richer as every seller bought the next ones to increase their ranking above those who bought less/no courses.

eg. if every seller bought a 100$ course, that’s 1 million sellers x 100$ = $100 million dollars just from those buying one course (if it was relevant to them and they wanted to buy it).

Also they don’t say it will make those that buy it go to the first page/first position, just that (according to the blog etc. it “guarantees extended exposure on the Fiverr marketplace” and “improve your rank”. So it could just improve the gigs rank above where it would have been (and Fiverr normally doesn’t guarantee a place in the search rankings, but here they do guarantee an improved ranking, in the blog), not necessarily making it very high, just higher than it would have been otherwise. That’s if it really does affect it. So even if quite a lot of people bought the courses, even without the money coming in from the courses, it shouldn’t have a big negative impact on Fiverr’s earnings (with the money from the courses they’re probably earnings lots though) as the gigs of those who bought the courses might only move up in the ranks a few places and maybe only for a set amount of time.

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

A savvy buyer will realise they can access the courses (as I can) and find out how to do whatever it is they might have paid a seller to do.

E.g. the ’ SEO - Website Technical Audit’ course description even gives the name of the software I could use to do a website audit along with lots of other useful info. No need to hire a Fiverr seller then, and I might save some money into the bargain! 😉

For some buyers maybe but honestly buyers don’t want to learn these skills so they can do it themselves. They hire talent so they can save time not having to learn how to do a website audit.

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Sir!!
Actually , i read all the details but there i didn’tfoundany free courses that make much help to newbie.
So, we expected that will take some tricks from fiverr asap.

If Anybody agree with me drop your feedback into this commen.

Thanks

• Like 4

Hello Sir!!

Actually , i read all the details but there i didn’tfoundany free courses that make much help to newbie.

So, we expected that will take some tricks from fiverr asap.

If Anybody agree with me drop your feedback into this commen.

Thanks

There’s one free course, and it’s for newbies. How can you say it doesn’t help if you don’t finish it first?

Also, when the pandemic started, 3 additional courses were available for an entire month (Branding Strategy and Design for Small Businesses, Social Media Content Strategy, Build a Professional Website with WordPress). They’re all for newbies.

• Like 4

If every seller was buying courses / every course to increase their rank over others who hadn’t yet bought the same amount of courses, I don’t think it would reduce Fiverr’s profits (even if it affected which gigs got bought, if they were earning enough from the courses to make up for any losses). They could keep adding new, expensive courses, they’d get richer as every seller bought the next ones to increase their ranking above those who bought less/no courses.

eg. if every seller bought a 100$ course, that’s 1 million sellers x 100$ = $100 million dollars just from those buying one course (if it was relevant to them and they wanted to buy it).

Also they don’t say it will make those that buy it go to the first page/first position, just that (according to the blog etc. it “guarantees extended exposure on the Fiverr marketplace” and “improve your rank”. So it could just improve the gigs rank above where it would have been (and Fiverr normally doesn’t guarantee a place in the search rankings, but here they do guarantee an improved ranking, in the blog), not necessarily making it very high, just higher than it would have been otherwise. That’s if it really does affect it. So even if quite a lot of people bought the courses, even without the money coming in from the courses, it shouldn’t have a big negative impact on Fiverr’s earnings (with the money from the courses they’re probably earnings lots though) as the gigs of those who bought the courses might only move up in the ranks a few places and maybe only for a set amount of time.

If every seller was buying courses / every course to increase their rank over others who hadn’t yet bought the same amount of courses

I’ve done two Learn courses.

Facebook Ads Targeting

Online Freelancing Essentials

I haven’t gotten an order for my Facebook gigs in months. I used to get hired all the time, had good reviews, was making money.

Completing courses may look pretty in your main Fiverr page (Fiverr dot com / your name), but does it give you better rank and help you make more money? I don’t think so.

I hoped that people would hire me because I have a Learn completion badge, they haven’t.

• Like 5