Anybody have any tips on handling a language barrier with buyers?

throttled829

A few times now I have gotten an order from someone who I have a very hard time understanding. I feel like it would be very rude of me to point out that I don’t understand what they have written in response to my gig’s instructions but perhaps I have no choice.

I have an order in my queue right now that fits the bill on exactly what I’m talking about. I create 3D graphics and videos outside of Fiverr and built a simple little 3D rig for an intro that I offer here. It is supposed to be for text and is explained clearly in my description that a logo image requires extra. Here is what the buyer said:

"Hi, Can you built a 3D animated logo design

whose Argos Consultants File attached?

Thank you"

That’s it. I responded with an even further detailed description of my gig and they have said nothing. The logo image attached is about the size of a thumbnail and I simply cannot use it in a video. Not to mention the fact that they have not purchased the extra required to even use a logo image. I now have 1 day to deliver and I am pretty sure they aren’t responding to my messages because they don’t know what the heck I am talking about. lol

Any advice? I think I am just going to go ahead and create a text only video with “Argos Consultants” and wait for the negative review that is likely to follow. Or, I request a cancellation. Not sure which of the two is better.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Keep calm and carry on… just request a mutual cancellation.

The sad part is that cancellations affect levels even though sometimes its not your fault. Actually MOST of the times its not your fault, because lets be honest, who rejects money…

Don’t create something he didn’t request because he might leave you a negative feedback from where you might even have to refund him in order to get it removed, therefore resulting a “canceled order” again. So just go the easy way and ask for mutual cancellation 🙂

As for the Language Barrier, don’t feel like you owe the buyer something. Its his responsibility to speak English, since Fiverr is handled in English. If you don’t understand him, just ask him to try and explain it better.

The sad part is that cancellations affect levels even though sometimes its not your fault. Actually MOST of the times its not your fault, because lets be honest, who rejects money…

Don’t create something he didn’t request because he might leave you a negative feedback from where you might even have to refund him in order to get it removed, therefore resulting a “canceled order” again. So just go the easy way and ask for mutual cancellation 🙂

As for the Language Barrier, don’t feel like you owe the buyer something. Its his responsibility to speak English, since Fiverr is handled in English. If you don’t understand him, just ask him to try and explain it better.

Reply to @antwanadds: Well, I have already gone ahead and created the video. Had I seen your advice earlier, I probably would have agreed because I really was on the fence. lol Too bad you didn’t show up earlier today but thank you kindly for your input.

It’s delivered and awaiting their response, whatever that may be. I even doctored up their tiny logo image and included it in the video for free just to try and avoid any hassle. Looks a little pixelated but there really is nothing that can be done with a small image other then starting over from scratch and that, I refuse to do for free.

Anyway, I have to agree with your logic about the likelihood of it coming back around to a cancellation anyway if they don’t feel they are getting what they wanted. Including a logo image is supposed to be an additional $10 so I’m already losing either way.

Thanks for your reply and I guess now only time will tell. 🙂

Reply to @antwanadds: Well, I have already gone ahead and created the video. Had I seen your advice earlier, I probably would have agreed because I really was on the fence. lol Too bad you didn’t show up earlier today but thank you kindly for your input.

It’s delivered and awaiting their response, whatever that may be. I even doctored up their tiny logo image and included it in the video for free just to try and avoid any hassle. Looks a little pixelated but there really is nothing that can be done with a small image other then starting over from scratch and that, I refuse to do for free.

Anyway, I have to agree with your logic about the likelihood of it coming back around to a cancellation anyway if they don’t feel they are getting what they wanted. Including a logo image is supposed to be an additional $10 so I’m already losing either way.

Guest tn5rr2012

Why not send the buyer a message and ask him what language she/he speaks, maybe on his profile page it has a small flag for his/her country. Then for all its worth use Google Translate and try and help that way

Guest tn5rr2012

Why not send the buyer a message and ask him what language she/he speaks, maybe on his profile page it has a small flag for his/her country. Then for all its worth use Google Translate and try and help that way

Guest tn5rr2012

Guest tn5rr2012

Archived