Best way to WITHDRAW your money outside USA?

basicpro

Hey everybody, just wanna share my experience, maybe it will come in handy. As a freelancer I use blackcatcard. One of my clients recommended me to check it out. Fast opening of the account, cashback is 0.1% on purchases + 2.2% per year on your account balance if you spend 200 euros per month and have card balance not less than 300 euro. Transfers within the bcc system are instant without extra fees even if the sender is from another country

Freelancers here can only withdraw via certain ways - PayPal, Payoneer and I think Direct Deposit. The card you suggest is not an option here.

GG

• Like 1

Have you looked into Borderless account / Transferwise? It comes with a German (Euro), UK, USA and I believe an Australian account. I live in different countries in Europe and Asia and this is my go-to mobile bank.

• 5 months later...

Hi Trustudios,

So on transferwise you need to open a borderless account in UKP and USD. That’s all free to do.

favicon-b84dbba08c59b795a8efba405fe9ea56.icoTransferWise

7ade103b5490f06a866adeb03ef11bffab9d0881_2_690x361.jpeg

Free Borderless Account | Foreign Currency Account in UK

Meet the free TransferWise borderless account and debit card. Send, spend, and receive money around the world at the real exchange rate.

If you have clients outside of fiverr that pay in USD, very handy as you can just give them your US bank account details then. It works like a normal bank account. But still not accepted by fiverr annoyingly.

Yea, the whole change currency on fiverr is annoying as I sometimes get clients asking how much something is in Euro etc, but I always give prices in USD because that’s what you’ll be paid in in the end. They really need to change the system and allow payments in different currencies. Anyway…

Right so you need your borderless accounts on transferwise.

You also need a US account on paypal. Sometimes it won’t let you do it on your profile online as you’re in the UK, but just message support and they were nice enough to set that up for me.

Then you withdraw fiver earnings to US paypal account. Transfer that to Transferwise US account. Then convert to UK transfer wise account and then withdraw into your normal UK account. It seems complicated but once you’ve set it up, it’s quite easy and TW will remember your bank details so it’s just a click to withdraw.

Good luck!

HI Nini, I live in the UK and Your method sounds really cool and I am trying this right now! But I have a question If you don’t mind!

When you connect the Transferwise Borderless account to PayPal, Did transferwise charge you a £16 fee to get the bank details so you can use those details to connect it with PayPal?

• 3 months later...

Hi,

I don’t remember having to pay that fee no. £16 is quite a lot. Maybe that’s new? I just added the borderless account info on my paypal like a normal bank account…

Actually I have set up a Transferwise account for this purpose. But now PayPal says this.

even it you have USD balance in your PayPal account as long as your PayPal account is registered in UK you will be charge for the conversion of 3%.

For other option, if you do not want to have a fee you can convert it first to UK pounds and then withdraw it to a UK bank account for you to have no fees.

So I just wanted to withdraw some money from paypal to my transferwise account and they want to charge a fee now! That is obviously new. I imagine they realised quite a few people doing it and missing out on conversion fees.
I suspect in that case you might as well just transfer in paypal.
Really annoying. $8 to transfer $270. Madness!

Hello!

I opened this post more than 7 years ago and, until recently, I couldn’t find a solution. I have one now, which is not too complicated. You need to create a payoneer card account with fiverr, and a transferwise multi-currency account.

The thing is that you can link your payoneer account to your transferwise account in dollars so when you withdrawn your money from fiverr to payoneer it will go directly to your transferwise account. I remember having to contact payoneer through the chat at some point to get it the link done because I already had my Spanish bank account linked, but it was resolved quickly.

I recommend this method, as payoneer will not charge anything for this operation (or maybe a fixed rate of $1) and transferwise currency exchange is the cheapest I know.

Hope this helps!
Regards

• Like 2

So I just wanted to withdraw some money from paypal to my transferwise account and they want to charge a fee now! That is obviously new. I imagine they realised quite a few people doing it and missing out on conversion fees.

I suspect in that case you might as well just transfer in paypal.

Really annoying. $8 to transfer $270. Madness!

Yeah That’s totally insane

Hello!

I opened this post more than 7 years ago and, until recently, I couldn’t find a solution. I have one now, which is not too complicated. You need to create a payoneer card account with fiverr, and a transferwise multi-currency account.

The thing is that you can link your payoneer account to your transferwise account in dollars so when you withdrawn your money from fiverr to payoneer it will go directly to your transferwise account. I remember having to contact payoneer through the chat at some point to get it the link done because I already had my Spanish bank account linked, but it was resolved quickly.

I recommend this method, as payoneer will not charge anything for this operation (or maybe a fixed rate of $1) and transferwise currency exchange is the cheapest I know.

Hope this helps!

Regards

That sounds fair! I think I should give it a go with Payoneer. Thanks a lot for that information. Cheers

• 1 month later...

Hello!

Hope this helps!

Regards

Hi! Thanks for your post, I’m trying to figure this out. I already have a Transferwise borderless account, but I’m confused about how to set up Payoneer for the best results. Did you choose the “Fiverr revenue card” option or the “bank transfer” option?

• 3 months later...
On 1/24/2021 at 7:30 PM, basicpro said:

Hello!

Hope this helps!
Regards

Hi there,

Thank you very much for sharing your ideas and research and for taking the time to update the topic even after a long time. 

I already have a TransferWise account and I am going to set up a Payoneer account following your suggestion, but there are a few things that I would like to ask you:

1 – When you say Payoneer Account you mean the Fiverr Revenue Card that you can request from Fiverr platform? Or you mean that you opened an account from Payoneer and use the generic Bank Withrawal option to transfer money on it form Fiverr?

2- About the payoneer card, I read they charge you 3 dollars a month if you don’t use the card? Have you experienced that?
Since all the funds will be transferred to the Transferwise account, do they charge you directly from your Fiverr balance?

Thank you in advance for sharing your experience with us!