General TOS violation

fogi

I got an update from CS!

Apparently I made buyer requests (Yes, I wanted to buy a fiverr service), which was against the TOS. Still no clue why, and they still only told me to read the TOS. I submitted once, denied. I rephrased. Denied. And a the next day I was slapped with a violation.

Dear Fiverr: Would it be so hard to quote the appropriate TOS paragraph? You above all should be expert on your TOS. This treatment only encourages me to never ever submit a buyer request again. It seems like not only sellers are treated badly, but buyers too?

Maybe by the way the buyer request was worded they (or their automated system) thought you were advertising/promoting your gig(s). If you make sure its not worded like that and maybe clarify to CS that the buyer request wasn’t gig promotion, maybe they might remove the warning.

Maybe by the way the buyer request was worded they (or their automated system) thought you were advertising/promoting your gig(s). If you make sure its not worded like that and maybe clarify to CS that the buyer request wasn’t gig promotion, maybe they might remove the warning.

It’s a warning not ban, warning doesn’t need to be removed as it doesn’t restrict anything. Also if CS get more messages from seller then they can take it as harassment and impose a ban on her.

It’s a warning not ban, warning doesn’t need to be removed as it doesn’t restrict anything. Also if CS get more messages from seller then they can take it as harassment and impose a ban on her.

Multiple warnings could also affect an account and lead to a ban as well as may lead to a demotion. I don’t see why they’d ban someone if they, in the same ticket, explained (politely) how their buyer request was a genuine buyer request and not any form of promotion (if that is what it could have been interpreted as, whether by an automated system or by a person looking at it and if that was the reason for the warning).

This treatment only encourages me to never ever submit a buyer request again.

I’ve heard of this happen before. It seems like Fiverr might assume that any seller posting a buyer request is soliciting work from buyers. I would definitely steer clear of ever using BR again. Besides, you’ll save a ton on payment fees simply using another site to post work you have available.

See what you’ve become Fiverr?

It seems like Fiverr might assume that any seller posting a buyer request is soliciting work from buyers.

Only if you submit requests for gigs that are against TOS, like reviews, do my homework, etc.

If I need a logo and my request is called “I need 3 logos for…,” I don’t think that will get me in trouble.

Also, from my personal experience, I once submitted a requests for something I’m already doing for others. Let’s just say my brother-in-law needed my help, and I wanted a second opinion. Ironically, I ended up giving him what I did because what I got from the other seller wasn’t too my liking. The other seller still got paid, a contract is a contract, but he didn’t get a review.

It’s a warning not ban, warning doesn’t need to be removed as it doesn’t restrict anything.

Warnings restrict your ability to be promoted to the next level (if you are otherwise eligible) since it requires you to have at least 30 days without any warnings. That could make you miss out on possibly being promoted (if eligible) in the next SLD.

It seems like Fiverr might assume that any seller posting a buyer request is soliciting work from buyers.

Only if you submit requests for gigs that are against TOS, like reviews, do my homework, etc.

If I need a logo and my request is called “I need 3 logos for…,” I don’t think that will get me in trouble.

Also, from my personal experience, I once submitted a requests for something I’m already doing for others. Let’s just say my brother-in-law needed my help, and I wanted a second opinion. Ironically, I ended up giving him what I did because what I got from the other seller wasn’t too my liking. The other seller still got paid, a contract is a contract, but he didn’t get a review.

Ah, I see. I hadn’t realized that @fogi was trying to post requests for counter to TOS services. Thank you for clarifying that.

May I ask how you know you were reported? […] Did you get an official notification?

Yes, in my Inbox I suddenly got a notification “only visible to me” as Fiverr mentioned, that “X is not accepting messages at this time”.

More so, when I tried visiting that user’s profile page, it went back to Fiverr’s homepage like that user doesn’t exist anymore (but when I tried Incognito mode, guess who still has a profile?), so he blocked me to never see my gigs & profile again and to never access his profile again. That never happened to me before these new blocking features.

Apparently I made buyer requests (Yes, I wanted to buy a fiverr service), which was against the TOS

That doesn’t make any sense - sellers are buyers, too, they should be allowed to make buyer requests! Heck, I know sellers who did without having had any problems… maybe you used some trigger words in your requests that made Fiverr unhappy?

sellers are buyers, too, they should be allowed to make buyer requests

Indeed! And Fiverr allows only 1 account, so you can’t have a seller and a buyer account. So that doesn’t make sense if you’re doomed to being not able to buy on Fiverr if you sell there as well 😡

sellers are buyers, too, they should be allowed to make buyer requests

Indeed! And Fiverr allows only 1 account, so you can’t have a seller and a buyer account. So that doesn’t make sense if you’re doomed to being not able to buy on Fiverr if you sell there as well 😡

Do you meant to say that those who are selling something on Fiverr are not allowed to make a purchase on Fiverr ?

Do you meant to say that those who are selling something on Fiverr are not allowed to make a purchase on Fiverr ?

We’re not allowed to have more than one account, but we can be buyers and sellers at the same time. Sometimes I do tell sellers that I’m not here to buy, I’m here to sell, but if I ever need something and I can buy it on Fiverr, I will buy it here.

I got an update from CS!

Apparently I made buyer requests (Yes, I wanted to buy a fiverr service), which was against the TOS. Still no clue why, and they still only told me to read the TOS. I submitted once, denied. I rephrased. Denied. And a the next day I was slapped with a violation.

Dear Fiverr: Would it be so hard to quote the appropriate TOS paragraph? You above all should be expert on your TOS. This treatment only encourages me to never ever submit a buyer request again. It seems like not only sellers are treated badly, but buyers too?

I haven’t been to the buyers’ requests section for a long time, but I remember last time I tried to put in a request, they kept flagging it. All these spam “requests” from people trying to sell their services were getting through, and when I actually wanted to buy something, they kept denying it. Their system flags words and phrases…seemingly a lot of them. If they’re giving you warnings because of it, I would stay well away from the buyers’ request section.

May I ask how you know you were reported? […] Did you get an official notification?

Yes, in my Inbox I suddenly got a notification “only visible to me” as Fiverr mentioned, that “X is not accepting messages at this time”.

More so, when I tried visiting that user’s profile page, it went back to Fiverr’s homepage like that user doesn’t exist anymore (but when I tried Incognito mode, guess who still has a profile?), so he blocked me to never see my gigs & profile again and to never access his profile again. That never happened to me before these new blocking features.

Apparently I made buyer requests (Yes, I wanted to buy a fiverr service), which was against the TOS

That doesn’t make any sense - sellers are buyers, too, they should be allowed to make buyer requests! Heck, I know sellers who did without having had any problems… maybe you used some trigger words in your requests that made Fiverr unhappy?

This happened to someone I know the CS told him that he posted same request 2 times that caused the warning.

UPDATE on the original case
Guys, it certainly seems the culprit was a buying request I made. I still don’t understand how is it against the TOS, and they would not tell me, so I just don’t, I turn to other platforms instead.

I think Fiverr should distinguish malicious behavior from innocent users who want to make sure they do not violate the TOS, therefore they ask. I wish Fiverr would look into this, As a seller I also want Fiverr to thrive, our interests align here.

• 7 months later...

This is freaking ridiculous, i ordered logo 2days ago. it wasnt easy to get from that girl what i wanted, but we managed somehow (left 5 stars and tip).
With that logo i wanted intro animation, i found what i really liked but after that logo situation and how it went i was uncertain, just wanted to know if designer can handle it or not. So i was very politely asking, i was interested in the animation to appear and disappear. good i asked because she couldnt do it, than i asked if i can at any way edit any text. on the end of our conversation just was making sure if i understand everything correctly, didnt want any unexplained bits (im not native english speaker)
while waiting on her answer i was thinking and said to myself well “fine” i will order it anyway because animation was a killer, i got her answer “yes” and she blocked me! like are you serious?!
i was just about to buy the product and she blocked me for it?!

I know one thing i was in talks with other dude about webdesign and mobile UI but after this thing, there is no freaking way i will spend one more freaking dime on this website. im out

This is freaking ridiculous, i ordered logo 2days ago. it wasnt easy to get from that girl what i wanted, but we managed somehow (left 5 stars and tip).

With that logo i wanted intro animation, i found what i really liked but after that logo situation and how it went i was uncertain, just wanted to know if designer can handle it or not. So i was very politely asking, i was interested in the animation to appear and disappear. good i asked because she couldnt do it, than i asked if i can at any way edit any text. on the end of our conversation just was making sure if i understand everything correctly, didnt want any unexplained bits (im not native english speaker)

while waiting on her answer i was thinking and said to myself well “fine” i will order it anyway because animation was a killer, i got her answer “yes” and she blocked me! like are you serious?!

I know one thing i was in talks with other dude about webdesign and mobile UI but after this thing, there is no freaking way i will spend one more freaking dime on this website. im out

, there is no freaking way i will spend one more freaking dime on this website

Is this because she blocked you? Sorry she did that to you! It does sound like a slap in the face. I hope you can just shake it off and realize there are all kinds of people on this site and you must have just run into a rude one.

Sellers can now choose who they do not want as clients and if they don’t want you, then you can take that as a blessing you found out before placing an order.

, there is no freaking way i will spend one more freaking dime on this website

Is this because she blocked you? Sorry she did that to you! It does sound like a slap in the face. I hope you can just shake it off and realize there are all kinds of people on this site and you must have just run into a rude one.

Sellers can now choose who they do not want as clients and if they don’t want you, then you can take that as a blessing you found out before placing an order.

It does sound like a slap in the face

and big one at that, just didnt expect that after 2,3 days of being a customer

take that as a blessing you found out before placing an order.

i guess you are right. thanks

anyway if that dude will wrote me back i wont turn him down but i dont want to spend another couple hours to look for animator who will or will not block me cuz he\she didnt like my questions.

i cant believe what it is came to, you want to give ppl money and they just slap you.

thanks for this message @misscrystal i feel better thanks to you and

i apologize for my outburst it was unnecessary.

Fiverr you should cherish users like @misscrystal

i got her answer “yes” and she blocked me! like are you serious?!

It might be worth pointing out, you may have been ready to make a purchase, but the seller wouldn’t have known this. It might be unwise to blame the seller for things she could not possibly have known. I don’t know why she blocked you, but don’t assume that she knew you were “just about to buy the product”.

anyway if that dude will wrote me back i wont turn him down but i dont want to spend another couple hours to look for animator who will or will not block me cuz he\she didnt like my questions.

i cant believe what it is came to, you want to give ppl money and they just slap you.

We do (at least here on the forums). 😉

We do (at least here on the forums). 😉

Oh you guys made me smile today thanks so much!

Lately I’ve been blocking people quite a bit but that’s because I get so many who ask things that have nothing to do with my gigs. They send long messages I have to read that are rambling and nonsensical usually. I hope I don’t offend them but I’m tired of spending time on these.

I just got another one asking me if I do I do this this this this and this, things my gigs are not for. I asked why she was asking about things I don’t have gigs for, no reply.

but i dont want to spend another couple hours to look for animator who will or will not block me cuz he\she didnt like my questions.

You could post your animation request in the buyer request section and list requirements in it and list other things you’d like the sellers sending the offers to answer.

Archived