General TOS violation

fogi

I got a warning today, about a TOS I allegedly committed. The interesting thing is they do not tell me what I did! I was goof for 8 years, have not changed a thing - what is it now? Why Fiverr does not tell me?

It’s kind of offensive to tell me read the TOS and do not violate it. To the best of my knowledge, I did NOT.
Even in court, they tell you you have been shoplifting, not just “think it through young man, and read the laws!”

Here is the message I received:
Hi fogi,
A recent action you took violated Fiverr’s Terms of Service. To create a fair and respectable marketplace, we ask that you read and follow the Terms of Service.

This is your first reminder. Another violation of Fiverr’s TOS will result in a demotion of your current level.

If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out at https://support.fiverr.com

Thanks!
The Fiverr team

Hi fogi, this sounds like a frustrating situation to say the least. After eight years here and only one negative review it’s hard to believe you suddenly violated a rule and need to read the TOS.

Did you mention the word “review” in a message? That’s about all I can think of that might have happened.

Did you contact CS? It’s impossible to know what you did unless someone tells you of course.

I got a warning today, about a TOS I allegedly committed. The interesting thing is they do not tell me what I did! I was goof for 8 years, have not changed a thing - what is it now? Why Fiverr does not tell me?

It’s kind of offensive to tell me read the TOS and do not violate it. To the best of my knowledge, I did NOT.

Even in court, they tell you you have been shoplifting, not just “think it through young man, and read the laws!”

Hi fogi,

A recent action you took violated Fiverr’s Terms of Service. To create a fair and respectable marketplace, we ask that you read and follow the Terms of Service.

This is your first reminder. Another violation of Fiverr’s TOS will result in a demotion of your current level.

If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out at https://support.fiverr.com

Thanks!

The Fiverr team

You have a wicked sense of humor. 🙂

If I was you, I’d make sure to withdraw my earnings asap and put my gigs on pause until I get a straight answer. For all you know, a fellow seller with a grudge could be reporting your profile and claiming all kinds of nonsense. If this results in more warnings, you will end up banned minus your hard earned cash.

Of course, the reason behind your warning could be completely different. The problem is that not knowing what you have done wrong, leaves you likey to repeat your breach of TOS in future.

Maybe also check your earnings page for any refunds. If there is a minus amount which you weren’t previously aware of, it could be that a buyer has complained and been refunded by CS.

This is getting very strange when sellers like fogi are getting warnings without being told what they did wrong.

Sellers get chargebacks or sales cancelled all the time and don’t get demoted for them. It’s obvious fogi never has any problems from her long amazing record. It’s the best record I’ve seen on this site.

Hi fogi,

Thanks!

The Fiverr team

Hi @fogi,

Could it be that you made an empty delivery and weren’t aware of? Remeber there have been problems delivering orders.

Hi @fogi,

Could it be that you made an empty delivery and weren’t aware of? Remeber there have been problems delivering orders.

That’s a good guess. Is there some way to be sure our deliveries are actually going through?

Hi @fogi,

I didn’t know it’s an ongoing issue… I have checked, no empty delivery.

Yes, I wrote to CS, they have not replied in the past 4 hours. I’m afraid they will ignore everything like always and will advise me to read the TOS… Anyways, let’s wait for their answer.

That’s a good guess. Is there some way to be sure our deliveries are actually going through?

Well, I kindly ask my buyers to let me know if they had any problems when delivering, whethet they didn’t get the file or couldn’t download/open it. That’s the only way I’ve found to keep track just in case.

Yes, I wrote to CS, they have not replied in the past 4 hours. I’m afraid they will ignore everything like always and will advise me to read the TOS… Anyways, let’s wait for their answer.

They should know you by now fogi and give you a direct answer hopefully. If anyone deserves one it’s you.

I have checked, no empty delivery.

Sadly, there’s no way for you to know or be sure your delivery went through, unless your buyer tells you :frowning_face:

Were there any unusual things or conversations that happened in the past week? Any difficulties?

This is the thing. no, nothing. In the past 4 weeks I had zero difficult clients, I had no disagreements or anything like that.

This is getting very strange when sellers like fogi are getting warnings without being told what they did wrong.

Sellers get chargebacks or sales cancelled all the time and don’t get demoted for them. It’s obvious fogi never has any problems from her long amazing record. It’s the best record I’ve seen on this site.

Or maybe a buyer reported one of your messages.

Actually, I think @cyaxrex is onto something. Ever since they made it easier for users to report sellers and gigs, we are at their mercy apparently 😦 I’ve never been reported so far, but 2 days ago (after Fiverr introduced the new blocking tools) I was reported by a person who just couldn’t take No for an answer :roll_eyes:

So there’s also the chance of someone having flagged your gig, or having reported you in Inbox.

Or maybe a buyer reported one of your messages.

Actually, I think @cyaxrex is onto something. Ever since they made it easier for users to report sellers and gigs, we are at their mercy apparently 😦 I’ve never been reported so far, but 2 days ago (after Fiverr introduced the new blocking tools) I was reported by a person who just couldn’t take No for an answer :roll_eyes:

So there’s also the chance of someone having flagged your gig, or having reported you in Inbox.

I’ve never been reported so far, but 2 days ago (after Fiverr introduced the new blocking tools) I was reported by a person who just couldn’t take No for an answer :roll_eyes:

May I ask how you know you were reported? I know that a prospective buyer blocked me but I never found out if they had actually reported me. Did you get an official notification? .

Did you use words like email or paypal in any messages?

I got an update from CS!

Apparently I made buyer requests (Yes, I wanted to buy a fiverr service), which was against the TOS. Still no clue why, and they still only told me to read the TOS. I submitted once, denied. I rephrased. Denied. And a the next day I was slapped with a violation.

Dear Fiverr: Would it be so hard to quote the appropriate TOS paragraph? You above all should be expert on your TOS. This treatment only encourages me to never ever submit a buyer request again. It seems like not only sellers are treated badly, but buyers too?

I’ve never been reported so far, but 2 days ago (after Fiverr introduced the new blocking tools) I was reported by a person who just couldn’t take No for an answer :roll_eyes:

May I ask how you know you were reported? I know that a prospective buyer blocked me but I never found out if they had actually reported me. Did you get an official notification? .

May I ask how you know you were reported? […] Did you get an official notification?

Yes, in my Inbox I suddenly got a notification “only visible to me” as Fiverr mentioned, that “X is not accepting messages at this time”.

More so, when I tried visiting that user’s profile page, it went back to Fiverr’s homepage like that user doesn’t exist anymore (but when I tried Incognito mode, guess who still has a profile?), so he blocked me to never see my gigs & profile again and to never access his profile again. That never happened to me before these new blocking features.

Screenshot-23_Sep_2018-09_59_15.jpg.490dd6c5a584522d2dad1d5a5866e717.jpg

Apparently I made buyer requests (Yes, I wanted to buy a fiverr service), which was against the TOS

That doesn’t make any sense - sellers are buyers, too, they should be allowed to make buyer requests! Heck, I know sellers who did without having had any problems… maybe you used some trigger words in your requests that made Fiverr unhappy?

I got an update from CS!

Apparently I made buyer requests (Yes, I wanted to buy a fiverr service), which was against the TOS. Still no clue why, and they still only told me to read the TOS. I submitted once, denied. I rephrased. Denied. And a the next day I was slapped with a violation.

Dear Fiverr: Would it be so hard to quote the appropriate TOS paragraph? You above all should be expert on your TOS. This treatment only encourages me to never ever submit a buyer request again. It seems like not only sellers are treated badly, but buyers too?

This treatment only encourages me to never ever submit a buyer request again.

I’ve heard of this happen before. It seems like Fiverr might assume that any seller posting a buyer request is soliciting work from buyers. I would definitely steer clear of ever using BR again. Besides, you’ll save a ton on payment fees simply using another site to post work you have available.

See what you’ve become Fiverr?

May I ask how you know you were reported? […] Did you get an official notification?

Yes, in my Inbox I suddenly got a notification “only visible to me” as Fiverr mentioned, that “X is not accepting messages at this time”.

More so, when I tried visiting that user’s profile page, it went back to Fiverr’s homepage like that user doesn’t exist anymore (but when I tried Incognito mode, guess who still has a profile?), so he blocked me to never see my gigs & profile again and to never access his profile again. That never happened to me before these new blocking features.

Apparently I made buyer requests (Yes, I wanted to buy a fiverr service), which was against the TOS

That doesn’t make any sense - sellers are buyers, too, they should be allowed to make buyer requests! Heck, I know sellers who did without having had any problems… maybe you used some trigger words in your requests that made Fiverr unhappy?

Yes, in my Inbox I suddenly got a notification “only visible to me” as Fiverr mentioned, that “X is not accepting messages at this time” .

Alas, this is exactly what I got. I posted on another thread how I am now sending questionnaires to buyers I suspect being easy to trigger. Don’t say you can’t help. Just send a long questionnaire which prospective buyers need to fill out to tell you exactly what they want. Buyers like this won’t fill it out. If you can’t psychically interpret their brief and deliver them the Ark of the Covenant, you’re simply not worth their time.

Also, should Fiverr ever manually go through messages to see why a seller has been reported (doubtful but you never know), they will see that you did your best to try and help. - But that the buyer just wasn’t interested.

So using buyer’s requests is out. And we can get reported for anything at all in any message, even if it’s telling someone to stop sending meaningless messages. This is getting out of hand. We are guilty of violating some rule or doing something wrong no matter what we do.

This is getting out of hand. We are guilty of violating some rule or doing something wrong no matter what we do.

At this rate, I wouldn’t be shocked to see at signup a 2nd checkbox stating “I’m prepared to be guilty” 😃 Obviously I’m just kidding, but the air on Fiverr sure feels like that for sellers lately 😦

I got reported by serial spammer once because I told him that he should stop spamming people looking for work and that he should read TO

Oh, shoot, I did that, too - I haven’t been reported so far by them, but now I’m reconsidering my actions with serial spammers 😬

This is getting out of hand. We are guilty of violating some rule or doing something wrong no matter what we do.

At this rate, I wouldn’t be shocked to see at signup a 2nd checkbox stating “I’m prepared to be guilty” 😃 Obviously I’m just kidding, but the air on Fiverr sure feels like that for sellers lately 😦

I got reported by serial spammer once because I told him that he should stop spamming people looking for work and that he should read TO

Oh, shoot, I did that, too - I haven’t been reported so far by them, but now I’m reconsidering my actions with serial spammers 😬

I went to message support right away. They told me nothing will happen with this report, but that they will check his action. I just checked it and he was banned. Probably spammed too many people or even got banned because of false reporting.

Archived