:drum: Gigs will now show review count from past 60 days

woofy31

110191_1.png juanwriter:

I don’t mind to work hard the first months to build a reputation, but if the platform destroys it for no reason, it’s time to pack things and move.

Exactly. And this is exactly what will happen. 2018 is now taking the form of an all out, not even concealed anymore, war on Fiverr’s core seller community.

But why? Why someone turn against their own main source of income? There is something we don’t know? This is really insane.

PS: If Fiverr executives needs Coaching, please contact me before is too late. No joking.

But why? Why someone turn against their own main source of income? There is something we don’t know? This is really insane.

It’s impossible to understand crazy people. All you can do is try and step away before they go for the jugular.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It’s impossible to understand crazy people. All you can do is try and step away before they go for the jugular.

132392_1.png cyaxrex:

We are talking about a company which surpasses the $400 million valuation. I don’t think they are crazy, something is happening behind the curtains. But I don’t want to be swallowed by the Leviathan, nor let my efforts go down the drain. I may fly to Tel Aviv and talk personally about the “crazy 2018”.

110191_1.png juanwriter:

We are talking about a company which surpasses the $400 million valuation. I don’t think they are crazy, something is happening behind the curtains. But I don’t want to be swallowed by the Leviathan, nor let my efforts go down the drain. I may fly to Tel Aviv and talk personally about the “crazy 2018”.

I may fly to Tel Aviv and talk personally about the “crazy 2018”.

So… It’s come to protesting… Next thing you know, Fiverr will be adding another service fee to cover their water cannon costs.

Good Luck!

So… It’s come to protesting… Next thing you know, Fiverr will be adding another service fee to cover their water cannon costs.

Good Luck!

132392_1.png cyaxrex:

Good Luck!

Hahaha, well I am not going there to protest, but to offer my coaching services. You know… make business even in the worst case scenario!

PS: Now, after a deep deliberation and inference process, I think I know what’s behind the curtain. To the Fiverr team, you have my full support.

I don’t think this is the best thing showing reviews from last 60 days because:

1- Many buyers don’t leave reviews now a days
2- Sometime a person has big project say in my niche I can hardly take 5-6 big projects a month so what if others have a kind of company who hire people and I am not yet able to afford.
3- What if someone suffers like health issues or any other concern he may not be able to work for a month then he will hardly rank LOL.

110191_1.png juanwriter:

Good Luck!

Hahaha, well I am not going there to protest, but to offer my coaching services. You know… make business even in the worst case scenario!

PS: Now, after a deep deliberation and inference process, I think I know what’s behind the curtain. To the Fiverr team, you have my full support.

Now, after a deep deliberation and inference process, I think I know what’s behind the curtain. To the Fiverr team, you have my full support.

Oh FGS. Spit it out. Sycophancy gets you nowhere, especially when presented in riddle form.

110191_1.png juanwriter:

Good Luck!

Hey Juan, the Fiverr team doesn’t read this most probably, but we do, so if you don’t want to put up the results of your deep deliberation and inference process for discussion and/or benefit of the community, you should’ve kept it to yourself completely.

PS: Being a tease like that and not lifting that curtain is lilylivered. 😛

Whoa, I hadn’t realized just how bad this is up to now, only noticed it on the search results which is bad enough but I just went to look at a gig of a seller I bought from before whose last delivery shows as 1 month ago. The two gigs I’m interested in, when I click on the gigs, show 0 stars on top, only if I scroll far down, I’ll see they have 48 resp. 5 reviews.

I understand that in Fiverr want to make life easier for beginners, but why do it by “killing” the olders ones?
Their marketing Manager (or whoever) doesn’t really know how to work.
“No, we won’t do TV commercials or come up with something creative to lure newcomers, no. We’ll just take it and make everyone look like newbies. Genius!”

It seems, as has been said here, “the time to leave this project”

It’s pahetic how many times Fiverr has to kick us down to promote pro sellers.

I don’t know what you’re complaining about Mr. 100+ Amazon Description Reviews in 60-days. You will likely become the only seller in your niche who looks like they are fit and ready for work.

My way to get around this is to simply start outsourcing everything come October. Brace yourself. I’ll probably put you on my content mill go-to staff list. It will be a win win situation. I get to sit back and watch silly people pay me double your rates for your service and I help you keep your family fed and watered. 🙂

Hope you don’t mind. 🙂

I don’t know what you’re complaining about Mr. 100+ Amazon Description Reviews in 60-days. You will likely become the only seller in your niche who looks like they are fit and ready for work.

My way to get around this is to simply start outsourcing everything come October. Brace yourself. I’ll probably put you on my content mill go-to staff list. It will be a win win situation. I get to sit back and watch silly people pay me double your rates for your service and I help you keep your family fed and watered. 🙂

Hope you don’t mind. 🙂

image.jpg.4330e075868a4b8cc344a165165f6293.jpg

Now, after a deep deliberation and inference process, I think I know what’s behind the curtain. To the Fiverr team, you have my full support.

Oh FGS. Spit it out. Sycophancy gets you nowhere, especially when presented in riddle form.

132392_1.png cyaxrex:

“It’s a conspiracy theory I don’t want to reveal”, said the man with the tin foil hat

Hey Juan, the Fiverr team doesn’t read this most probably, but we do, so if you don’t want to put up the results of your deep deliberation and inference process for discussion and/or benefit of the community, you should’ve kept it to yourself completely.

Whoa, I hadn’t realized just how bad this is up to now, only noticed it on the search results which is bad enough but I just went to look at a gig of a seller I bought from before whose last delivery shows as 1 month ago. The two gigs I’m interested in, when I click on the gigs, show 0 stars on top, only if I scroll far down, I’ll see they have 48 resp. 5 reviews.

Ok ok, let me write a full post on this and what I think it’s behind this movement. But let me tell you something before I write:

959055414_ndice.jpeg.88dd12b452a6c966b6f1502841bbd5a2.jpeg

110191_1.png juanwriter:

“It’s a conspiracy theory I don’t want to reveal”, said the man with the tin foil hat

“It’s a conspiracy theory I don’t want to reveal”,

Ah so you rumbled the whole thing about the alien monster which Fiverr needs to drip feed human misery every day to stop it devouring the universe as we know it on one go?

Yes, it’s very noble of Fiverr to take care of that for us. However, they could just feed it mek-seller dreams rather than my own.

Ah so you rumbled the whole thing about the alien monster which Fiverr needs to drip feed human misery every day to stop it devouring the universe as we know it on one go?

Yes, it’s very noble of Fiverr to take care of that for us. However, they could just feed it mek-seller dreams rather than my own.

132392_1.png cyaxrex:

There are some stats to begin with:

80% of web users are now using mobile devices. If you browse Fiverr using your mobile, you will realize that lifetime ratings don’t show when you hover your cursor over, because there is no cursor, so the situation is worse than in desktop browser. That is: the result is our ratings just vanished in the eyes of buyers.

Do you really think this is not a deliberate decision? I think not. It think this is on purpose. To benefit what or who? Pro sellers? New sellers? Veteran sellers?

Just think about what means this movement to Fiverr cash flow. Will they increase their earnings? Will buyers feel more confident when they see less reviews? Will sellers be more competitive?

110191_1.png juanwriter:

There are some stats to begin with:

80% of web users are now using mobile devices. If you browse Fiverr using your mobile, you will realize that lifetime ratings don’t show when you hover your cursor over, because there is no cursor, so the situation is worse than in desktop browser. That is: the result is our ratings just vanished in the eyes of buyers.

Do you really think this is not a deliberate decision? I think not. It think this is on purpose. To benefit what or who? Pro sellers? New sellers? Veteran sellers?

Just think about what means this movement to Fiverr cash flow. Will they increase their earnings? Will buyers feel more confident when they see less reviews? Will sellers be more competitive?

80% of web users are now using mobile devices.

It’s mote like 85% depending on your source. More importantly, though, the majority of online purchases are still made via desktop computers rather than mobile devices.

Mobile Browsing Does Not Equal Buying

By now, it’s common knowledge that mobile browsing exceeds desktop. This long-awaited inversion is due primarily to the proliferation of devices. As the Pew Research Center found, the typical American household contains around four connected devices.

However, even though more people are browsing on mobile, a 2016 study by Wolfgang Digital found that mobile accounts for just 38% of revenue, despite accounting for 59% of all browsing sessions.

Source

Online marketing is a soup of mixed up stats. Everyone still goes crazy for video advertising but in truth, static ads still get better click through rates. In this case, if you are correct in your assumption that Fiverr is pandering to mass user web browsing behavior, I’m afraid this may result in a significant drop in revenue across the board. 😦

Edit: Anyway, its pretty obvious this is to help Pros. The downside of that, though, is that a lot of Pros have comparably poorer reviews to regular sellers. I see Pros with 11 reviews and 4.8 ratings. That would usually equal sales success death for a regular new seller.

You can lead a horse to water but you’ll have a hard time convincing it to buy a bottle of diet coke when you get it there.

It’s mote like 85% depending on your source. More importantly, though, the majority of online purchases are still made via desktop computers rather than mobile devices.

By now, it’s common knowledge that mobile browsing exceeds desktop. This long-awaited inversion is due primarily to the proliferation of devices. As the Pew Research Center found, the typical American household contains around four connected devices.

However, even though more people are browsing on mobile, a 2016 study by Wolfgang Digital found that mobile accounts for just 38% of revenue, despite accounting for 59% of all browsing sessions.

Source

Online marketing is a soup of mixed up stats. Everyone still goes crazy for video advertising but in truth, static ads still get better click through rates. In this case, if you are correct in your assumption that Fiverr is pandering to mass user web browsing behavior, I’m afraid this may result in a significant drop in revenue across the board. 😦

Edit: Anyway, its pretty obvious this is to help Pros. The downside of that, though, is that a lot of Pros have comparably poorer reviews to regular sellers. I see Pros with 11 reviews and 4.8 ratings. That would usually equal sales success death for a regular new seller.

You can lead a horse to water but you’ll have a hard time convincing it to buy a bottle of diet coke when you get it there.

Now, go to Fiverr Pro home and test if there is any hovering “effect”. Compare now the “normal” Fiverr home and the “Pro” Fiverr home. There are noticeable differences.

Now, go to Fiverr Pro home and test if there is any hovering “effect”. Compare now the “normal” Fiverr home and the “Pro” Fiverr home. There are noticeable differences.

There is no hovering effect on most gigs but that is because they have poor sales volumes and no lifetime history.

I’m afraid I don’t see why you think this is good for anyone. All I see is Pros who now appear to have comparative review counts to regular sellers. This helps them (arguably). However the minute I see Pro sellers with 1 review and 3.7 star ratings, I feel like spitting my coffee.

Is this what you figured out? That Fiverr is now run by the same CEO as the Russian State Circus? - It’s all simply madness to me.

Edit: I guess you could mean that there is some striking difference I am missing which is only apparent when viewing the mobile site. I’m afraid, though, that I don’t have anything but a desktop at the mo.

Source

I see Pros with 11 reviews and 4.8 ratings.

Well, being Pro doesn’t mean being excellent in what you say you do… 😏

I would also give a poor review/rating for getting something that’s not worth the astronomical amount I paid for! 😠

It’s all about expectation… If you as a Pro are charging astronomical amounts, the logic to it is buyer - more than expecting - wanting to get astronomical results!

I see Pros with 11 reviews and 4.8 ratings.

Well, being Pro doesn’t mean being excellent in what you say you do… 😏

I would also give a poor review/rating for getting something that’s not worth the astronomical amount I paid for! 😠

It’s all about expectation… If you as a Pro are charging astronomical amounts, the logic to it is buyer - more than expecting - wanting to get astronomical results!

It’s all about expectation…

Your right there. And I’m now staggered reading some Pro responses to some of their poor reviews. I hope their success managers get free anti-anxiety meds. Some of them are just appalling. They should be sent off to some kind of customer service boot camp. - Or just not reply to reviews at all.

Top tip Fiverr: If I were you, I’d suffle up some Pro gigs so Pros who seem to get hot under the collar after a poor review, aren’t featured anywhere near the Pro home page. Shuffle them up with some algorithm magic like you do us peasants. 🙂

Ok, I think I see it now. Pro sellers do get to keep their lifetime ratings on display…

It’s all about expectation…

Your right there. And I’m now staggered reading some Pro responses to some of their poor reviews. I hope their success managers get free anti-anxiety meds. Some of them are just appalling. They should be sent off to some kind of customer service boot camp. - Or just not reply to reviews at all.

Top tip Fiverr: If I were you, I’d suffle up some Pro gigs so Pros who seem to get hot under the collar after a poor review, aren’t featured anywhere near the Pro home page. Shuffle them up with some algorithm magic like you do us peasants. 🙂

Or just not reply to reviews at all.

Agreed!

Sometimes, a long and respectful silence is better…

Ok, I think I see it now. Pro sellers do get to keep their lifetime ratings on display…

132392_1.png cyaxrex:

Exactly. This is a risky movement and I think I know why they are doing it. I am writing a post right now.

Archived