Level 1 Hell - Pass the test - New Sellers

mattvopro

I’m not doing that well. I was demoted all the way to level 0 (although not at once), and only recently got back to level 1.

Yes, I paused some gigs during the demotion. Even as a level 1, some of my gigs remain paused. Once I achieve level 2, I’ll unpause the rest.

Here’s a funny story, there was a gig that wasn’t getting any sales, so I paused it, and then decided to activate another gig that had been paused. That activated gig is getting orders.

I see you have activated your gun blog gig. I did look for this a while ago! I may be placing an order in the next week or so! Out of curiosity, is it that gig which is getting sales?

The leveling up and down is starting to annoy me. I have finally got back to level 1. However, a severe shortage of orders will likely soon mean that my delivered on time score plummets before the next evaluation,

• Like 35

Hello Natalia! have you try BR? I think the difference between level 0 and level 1 is that you can find several Buyer Request whereas that on level 0 you find 0 Buyer Request! Good Luck and Welcome to the Forum!

Hi, how ru?

Now I’m level 2, an I have nothing! Lol.

It’s so weird, IDK. I use my BR in almost daily basis. Nothing happens, I’m not sure what it is.

• Like 33
  • Confused 2

I see you have activated your gun blog gig. I did look for this a while ago! I may be placing an order in the next week or so! Out of curiosity, is it that gig which is getting sales?

The leveling up and down is starting to annoy me. I have finally got back to level 1. However, a severe shortage of orders will likely soon mean that my delivered on time score plummets before the next evaluation,

Thank you, but do message before ordering. That’s the one gig where I can’t accept all orders.

Yes, the level system is extremely disruptive. The good news is that bad things can correct themselves even if you get no orders. My stats are perfect now not because I’ve had a ton of orders and 5-star reviews, but because enough time has passed to undo low reviews and refunds.

Of course, with only a few orders this month, any refund or low review might cause me to get demoted again. So who knows?

1719912785_ScreenShot2019-08-26at9_39_44AM.png.19b61afc919c74cd80ecad9c9309f826.png

• Like 30
  • Up 4

Thank you, but do message before ordering. That’s the one gig where I can’t accept all orders.

Yes, the level system is extremely disruptive. The good news is that bad things can correct themselves even if you get no orders. My stats are perfect now not because I’ve had a ton of orders and 5-star reviews, but because enough time has passed to undo low reviews and refunds.

Of course, with only a few orders this month, any refund or low review might cause me to get demoted again. So who knows?

44%20AM

I’m surprised your gigs didn’t rise in the ranks with stats like those.

• Like 32

• 8 months later...

Thanks for sharing. what virtue does one build up over time? If it is experience, then what kind is it? I gotta know what to focus on during the tough times.

Experience in doing the service that you provide as well as credibility of the ratings that you get over time from delivering high quality services and treating buyers well. Also, with time, those that do not stick with it or provide good service will sink allowing those that are great sellers to continue to rise.

It’s not enough to simply hang around and be patient. You have to know that working hard during that time is critical.

good luck.

• Like 35

As a buyer I look at the amount of reviews first before I look at the seller level. I bought more new seller gigs then Top rated and it’s not because of the price but the quality of the sellers replies.

That’s typical. But the point is that many level 1 sellers simply quit or give up, which means that they wouldnt have a body of reviews for you to look at. You’re confirming my original point.

• Like 33

That’s typical. But the point is that many level 1 sellers simply quit or give up, which means that they wouldnt have a body of reviews for you to look at. You’re confirming my original point.

I agree on what you said. I look at a gig from a buyers perspective. Reviews are super important. I had two similar gigs, one with no reviews and one with 5 reviews and the 5 review gig kept getting more orders.

• Like 33

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you so much. It inspired me a lot! I am a Level 1 seller from February 2019. In the meantime I lost my level and again gained. I am trying to pass Level 1 test… By the way I didn’t know that this is a test…

I dont believe that it’s an “official” thing but more of a natural part of the process that most sellers just dont understand and can get frustrated with.

Keep at it 🙂

• Like 30

• 1 year later...

Every month lots of sellers gets new levels. Some people get “Level 1”, some get upgraded to “Level 2”, and some get "Top Rated". Top rated sellers are good. They do not suffer too much as they got ranked quickly as this is the best seller badge and quality service provider on Fiverr. But for those who are new to “Level 1” and “Level 2”, this is very common that their gig got rank out and sales fall down unexpectedly, immediately after the level is reached. What is the reason for this and what to do?

A very small thing works here according to the ranking factor. Suppose you were a new seller before and now you have got “Level 1”. This means that you have competed with new sellers in the previous category and provided services of that quality. But as soon as you get “Level 1’, you immediately start competing with “Level 1” sellers who are doing better than your previous competitors. So, you are not going to be given a place here with your previous quality.

You are now competing with a few higher quality sellers than before. If you can do well, there may be some increase in orders and income from before, but if you do not take the opportunity, the situation may be worse than before. And you have to realize that, those who already have “Level 1” they are not sitting they are also doing hard work to stay on the competition. 

So, you have to put better effort here: You have to keep in mind about 3 keys:

1. Communicate in better way than before.
  2. Provide better quality work, and
  3. Provide better Customer Support.

Now the thing is, you are ready to do everything but the gig is lost, how do you get it back? First of all, there is no magic trick to bring back the gig. You have to be patient and the first thing you can do is increase the price of your gig a little bit. However, by doing market research, you will be sure about the price of your category work and maybe you can increase it by only $5 per packages at least. But make arrangements to increase it from before listed prices. And add 1-2 new gig extras. Hopefully by doing this your gig will regain some consciousness. Many people think that editing the gig in this situation will do more harm. But for those who are already in this situation try what I said, trust me this will help you to comeback not get down. Then take orders from your old customers if you can. Also, if you get new orders then take them more seriously than before stay connected and communicate with your customers in a better way and provide the best possible Customer Service.

I hope you can come back quickly. But again, don't be impatient by hoping that the whole thing will happen very quickly. I can make sure that, if you follow and try in this way, you will not get lost, and the position will be better slowly.

Good Luck to all. Happy Freelancing ❤️ 

Edited by raselkhondokar
Added tags.
  • Like 107
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 15

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Guest mrkt_maverick

Hiya Guys! 

Hope you are all well, I just wanted to know if there is such a thing as the level 1 blues? I have a friend who was level 1 for ages and didn’t get many orders. Since being a level 1 my orders have stayed fairly consistent however I feel like I was expecting more due to levelling up. Has anyone else struggled for orders in level 1 as I know with level 2 it becomes a lot more consistent