Level 1 Hell - Pass the test - New Sellers

mattvopro

Yesterday I was a level 2, and got one order. Today I’m level 1, and got three orders. My point is that if you work on the fundamentals, such as delivering ahead of schedule, having a high OCR, getting good reviews, etc, you will see good results eventually

This is true. What is OCR?

Sales go up and down all the time. At one time sales were very steady and sure on fiverr, at least for me, but the past year I see huge variations from day to day in the number of sales. Many things are factored into your number of sales now.

What is OCR?

Might be referring to Order Completion Rate. 🙂

• Like 33
  • Thanks 2

I also thought it would be easier. I thought order frequency will massively increase. I also got motivated when I checked other Level 1 sellers’ gigs and see up to 12 queued orders. You can imagine my shock when I spent several days without getting any impressive increase in numbers.

Anyway, I’m relieved to know this isn’t unusual. I believe tomorrow will definitely be better! 😄

daniekay, you are exactly the type of seller that I wrote this for.

Hang in there. Keep doing good work. You’ll get there 🙂

• Like 32

Yesterday I was a level 2, and got one order. Today I’m level 1, and got three orders. My point is that if you work on the fundamentals, such as delivering ahead of schedule, having a high OCR, getting good reviews, etc, you will see good results eventually

Sales go up and down all the time. At one time sales were very steady and sure on fiverr, at least for me, but the past year I see huge variations from day to day in the number of sales. Many things are factored into your number of sales now.

Order Completion Rate.

Sales go up and down all the time.

They do, not to mention my superstition that if you don’t deliver everything in 1-2 days, you stop getting orders.

For example, yesterday I got 4 orders and delivered 1. Today I got 1 order, and will be delivering 2. This has helped me avoid the “no sales” days.

• Like 31

Order Completion Rate.

Sales go up and down all the time.

They do, not to mention my superstition that if you don’t deliver everything in 1-2 days, you stop getting orders.

For example, yesterday I got 4 orders and delivered 1. Today I got 1 order, and will be delivering 2. This has helped me avoid the “no sales” days.

I thought of “optical character reader” haha.

• Like 29
  • Thanks 3

I thought of “optical character reader” haha.

Don’t know what optical character means. All I know is that today I delivered 3 orders, and I’m betting tomorrow I’m getting 2-4 orders. Then again, maybe I get 0 orders because I have one order I haven’t been able to deliver. I don’t know if the guy wants a brand name for a wedding registry or a brand name he can register in America. I wished I had asked him that question 24 hours ago, but alas, I only read instructions when I’m ready to work, not before.

• Like 31
  • Up 2

“Maybe you read an article or watched a YouTube video and it all sounded perfect for you.”

Those guys succeed because they put in the work, they actually make those videos on YouTube and create articles which probably have a link to the Gigs they sell. 🙂

Thanks for spending your time to write this post! 🙏

• Like 28
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 2

Excellent and thank you for posting.

I had the exact same experience. Started selling at the beginning of the year and got promoted as a new seller. Had too many orders that I struggled to keep up… but I did.

That joy quickly faded as suddenly impressions fell through the floor. I get the odd gig here and there now… but reaching level 1 has pushed me to actually improve my gigs and make this work as I loved it when I was busy. 😃

• Like 30

• 2 weeks later...

I’m still waiting for a bloom…

I’m starting to believe many buyers think Level 1 to be the base level, the lowest rating. Cos I simply can’t understand how a new seller has four queued orders while a Level 1 seller goes without orders for days… 😑

• Like 29

I also thought it would be easier. I thought order frequency will massively increase. I also got motivated when I checked other Level 1 sellers’ gigs and see up to 12 queued orders. You can imagine my shock when I spent several days without getting any impressive increase in numbers.

Anyway, I’m relieved to know this isn’t unusual. I believe tomorrow will definitely be better! 😄

Yeah Levels can be helpful but they don’t necessarily influence sales or even views and impressions.

• Like 27

Yikes 😔 thanks for putting me outta my mystery.

As a no level, I even got orders from BR. Now I’m Level 1 nothing!

Completely nailed it on that Level 1 being Fiverr Hell.

I won’t give up though but the orders have been scarce mate 😂

For how long have you been level 1? If your still new it may take some time before you start seeing some orders. Take the time to edit your gigs, descriptions and tags. Send as many request in the BR section. You’ll start seeing orders coming in slowly. I noticed the same decline when I hit level 1. I have been in level 1 for more than a month now. Things have improved a little.

• Like 32

For how long have you been level 1? If your still new it may take some time before you start seeing some orders. Take the time to edit your gigs, descriptions and tags. Send as many request in the BR section. You’ll start seeing orders coming in slowly. I noticed the same decline when I hit level 1. I have been in level 1 for more than a month now. Things have improved a little.

For a few weeks now. Glad things are working out for you.

I’m hopeful Yea.

• Like 27

I actually don’t remember Level 1 being HELL.

Some people get lucky. I have one friend that got on well after the rest of us and he went from new seller to $5k a month in about 60 days. It was crazy. He did absolutely nothing different than the rest of us in terms of setting up, pricing, etc. He just got lucky with a couple early customers that really pushed him up with repeated business and he quickly got a foothold in the search. Now he’s TRS and earning around $9-$12k a month.

He never had to claw for reviews. Never had a single $5 gig. Never hustled BR’s. Nothing. He’s insanely talented but he had a little luck on his side that helped him.

I wasnt lucky 🙂 Most arent.

He must have impressed his first clients in such a way that they kept coming back to him and he got promoted fast. Like you said, he was talented, then may be this talent was what paved his/her way to success.

• Like 27

I’d say it varies for everyone. Took me 1 week to make $900 😊

Yeah, I covered the fact that some people see more success than others and that it’s not to be measured against. There are always a few outliers. In your case, you made $900 in one week.

Congrats. A month later how is it going? Looks pretty slow when I checked your profile. But I hope you’re progressing.

If not, then your experience is exactly the type that I wrote this original post to help. The “sky high” of fast sales…to the gully of “where’d my sales go!?”

Good luck.

• Like 27

Yeah, I covered the fact that some people see more success than others and that it’s not to be measured against. There are always a few outliers. In your case, you made $900 in one week.

Congrats. A month later how is it going? Looks pretty slow when I checked your profile. But I hope you’re progressing.

If not, then your experience is exactly the type that I wrote this original post to help. The “sky high” of fast sales…to the gully of “where’d my sales go!?”

Good luck.

In all fairness, the $900 came from one client. One great thing about sales is you never know who will walk in that day. Yeah, it is slow right now for me on Fiverr, but as a full time VO this of course isn’t my only source. Best of luck. 1 week until I am level one, can’t wait for the test!

• Like 29

• 1 month later...

thanks dude !
I was about to give up, because I spent almost 4 months in Fiverr but still have only one review and nothing else. I have good gigs with very low cost, I don’t know why I am not getting orders.
any way thanks for motivating and giving me hope.

• Like 29

thanks dude !

I was about to give up, because I spent almost 4 months in Fiverr but still have only one review and nothing else. I have good gigs with very low cost, I don’t know why I am not getting orders.

any way thanks for motivating and giving me hope.

Low cost doesn’t make orders likely.

1. It doesn’t make your gigs discoverable (in general and to your target audience)

2. It doesn’t mean buyers will find you credible or suitable

3. It doesn’t address issues of supply and demand. Competition is huge and loads of people sell cheap, too.

• Like 29

Oh my God! It’s so hard!

I’m very new in this and in just one week I had 10 orders, I was so happy. Reaching the third week now and reaching level one too. But… I HAVE NO ORDERS 😦 Am I reaching hell? What you did you do in this situation?

Hello Natalia! have you try BR? I think the difference between level 0 and level 1 is that you can find several Buyer Request whereas that on level 0 you find 0 Buyer Request! Good Luck and Welcome to the Forum!

• Like 28

Yesterday I was a level 2, and got one order. Today I’m level 1, and got three orders. My point is that if you work on the fundamentals, such as delivering ahead of schedule, having a high OCR, getting good reviews, etc, you will see good results eventually or you will have to promote your gigs all over the internet.

I’m too self-conscious to promote my gigs, so that’s not an option for me. My point is I had 14 gigs, had to pause 4, and today I made more money than yesterday. I didn’t even lower my prices.

I am so happy that you are going really well right now! I remember one year ago you were like leaving Fiverr away and now you are doing so good! Thanks to share your success.

I have a question… Why did you pause your gigs? For the demotion?

Regards!

• Like 28

I am so happy that you are going really well right now! I remember one year ago you were like leaving Fiverr away and now you are doing so good! Thanks to share your success.

I have a question… Why did you pause your gigs? For the demotion?

Regards!

I’m not doing that well. I was demoted all the way to level 0 (although not at once), and only recently got back to level 1.

Yes, I paused some gigs during the demotion. Even as a level 1, some of my gigs remain paused. Once I achieve level 2, I’ll unpause the rest.

Here’s a funny story, there was a gig that wasn’t getting any sales, so I paused it, and then decided to activate another gig that had been paused. That activated gig is getting orders.

• Like 27