Orders come in batches or not at all?

bbetrio3

The last week has been horrible with sales for me. Has anyone experience this recently? I either get orders in ok amount (pretty consistent for a while) or not at all (recently), it seems. Curious if your order amount has changed recently? Does anyone know if there has been an update?

I am having the exact same problem. It is either feast or famine. I will get orders in bulk, then it will go quiet. Why is that? I have had a couple of voice over clients actually message me and ask if I am still doing gigs. They said the could not find me. I find that a bit disturbing.

Thank goodness I’m not the only one. Seriously relieved! Now that I know my voiceover gig is still ok –

I think it’s because this is a weird pay period. A lot of people got paid on the 15th, then won’t get paid again until the 31st. That’s a long wait – and people spend a lot on Halloween.

That is a great way to look at it. I wish I could look at it that way. I am just concerned as to why this happens to some and not others. In my voice over category there are several people who get huge amounts of orders each day consistently. Even though I am featured I get fewer orders than those who are not. I do not understand why that is. Can anyone tell me why?

Same here guys! I usually have 4-7 orders per day and this past week it’s like I either get 4-5 orders at once (like literally minutes apart) or 0. I haven’t had zero orders since my first gig was 1 week old. 😦

There’s definitely something going on here. Not sure what though.

Ah the world of freelancing. Yes, I’ve found the last week has been really quite. If most people have found the same, I wonder whether something has been iffy on the site. Usually it’s just a couple of people but everyone else is getting orders.

I can’t do mine within 24 hours though, unless someone pays for the extra, so I still have a queue to get through, which will take me today and Monday (no work on a Sunday). The orders have picked up from yesterday.

Oh but this happens anywhere. It’s a feast or famine lifestyle for some freelancers. It’s why I always say not to put all eggs into one basket. I have multiple places that I do work and private clients so I know I’ll have work elsewhere when this place is quiet.

• 4 months later...

I’ve also experienced this too, like today iv had no orders. yesterday I had 5 adding up to about $35 worth so I guess its the good with the bad. maybe people generally go out on say fri or saterday nights so no ones home looking to place orders.

Archived