Forensic Science of Fiverr Verifying your :ID: :woman_scientist:t4: POLL included :man_scientist:

nikavoice

poll  

280 members have voted

1. 1. poll

• Yes, I’ll happily comply. /images/emoji/twitter/sunglasses.png?v=5
    • Nope, I’ll leave the site. /images/emoji/twitter/roll_eyes.png?v=5
    • Meh, on da fence. /images/emoji/twitter/grimacing.png?v=5

It is still very vague though. (With respect to my own concerns).

I know what you mean but don’t expect any better. I’m surprised I got this much. Either way, I still don’t get how this will help with anything. Got any ideas?

Either way, I still don’t get how this will help with anything. Got any ideas?

Hand yourself into the police, come clean about the blood diamonds and drug smuggling, and pawn your shiny new PC to pay the obligatory bribe. You’ll have your travel ban lifted and a new passport issued in no time.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Either way, I still don’t get how this will help with anything. Got any ideas?

Hand yourself into the police, come clean about the blood diamonds and drug smuggling, and pawn your shiny new PC to pay the obligatory bribe. You’ll have your travel ban lifted and a new passport issued in no time.

Hand yourself into the police, come clean about the blood diamonds and drug smuggling, and pawn your shiny new PC to pay the obligatory bribe

If that’s all it took to clean my name I would’ve been a free man ages ago.

Hand yourself into the police, come clean about the blood diamonds and drug smuggling, and pawn your shiny new PC to pay the obligatory bribe

Yeah, drug smuggling is easy. What you can’t ever go back from is putting your fingertips to use exposing TPBT and all their shadiness. 😉

I do have a few contacts I could put you in touch with. However, that ain’t the kind of talk for an innocence saturated place like the Fiverr forum. Maybe for now just do things the old-fashioned way. Shave your head, slap on some lipstick, and start pushing a cat in baby stroller. Apply in person for your driving license that way, and you’ll be out with it faster than anyone can even shout dissident.

Yeah, drug smuggling is easy. What you can’t ever go back from is putting your fingertips to use exposing TPBT and all their shadiness. 😉

I do have a few contacts I could put you in touch with. However, that ain’t the kind of talk for an innocence saturated place like the Fiverr forum. Maybe for now just do things the old-fashioned way. Shave your head, slap on some lipstick, and start pushing a cat in baby stroller. Apply in person for your driving license that way, and you’ll be out with it faster than anyone can even shout dissident.

However, that ain’t the kind of talk for an innocence saturated place like the Fiverr forum

Got that right.

Apply in person for your driving license that way,

Rookie mistake, never leave any traces behind.

However, that ain’t the kind of talk for an innocence saturated place like the Fiverr forum

Got that right.

Apply in person for your driving license that way,

Yes Mr. Stealth on legs. That’s a definitely the most rookie mistake to make when trying to get a discrete ID to send to an online marketplace where you can get anything for $5…👍

The response I Got From Support:

"Thank you for reaching out to us. In order to continue to grow and protect our diverse community, Fiverr now requires that sellers upload either a Passport, Drivers license, or ID depending on your location. Sellers will not be allowed to continue selling on Fiverr without going through this process. If sellers do not provide the requested information when they are requested to do so, they will not be able to use Fiverr further. Users will be contacted by Fiverr through their Fiverr accounts.

While we understand your frustration, this is a necessary step forward to continue building trust in our community."

With this, we now at least know that Fiverr will contact us through our accounts. For those that don’t have their ID, passport or drivers license now would be a great time to get one or else it’s the gallows with you.

This is is harsh. So in short Fiverr is saying toe-the-line or pack and go!

there might be a way by which to submit a verifiable fingerprint scan (as a form of ID) via your smartphone

I bought something from the App store today and used my fingerprint as my ID/password. The future is now.

🤫

792ec09f0b73a8a871ac1f3c93e56c25.jpg.ea162f9727e6d30ec85612b5847c0fd5.jpg

Dat feelin’ when I finally got my passport. 😃

5237af49ee4c0.jpeg.695c40dfc53449135d881304b008ed7b.jpeg

🤫

838ada336f7379a7bdc2f8fbd18ea34efb814a45.jpg

594b2ec02f010a93f2e828f60cc49cae7f31374e.jpeg

Hold your horses. I just got mine and it ain’t exactly what I was looking for. For one, Eoins friends have added a few pounds and (even though I should have guessed) some extra obligatory facial hair.

TnaYQN1.jpg.9aec5066d24ca8cfdbc7d4249d9f5fbd.jpg

Me thinks that this TRS should stick to translating rather than fake ID running.

Yes Mr. Stealth on legs. That’s a definitely the most rookie mistake to make when trying to get a discrete ID to send to an online marketplace where you can get anything for $5…👍

Damn, I legit don’t have a comeback for this. Well played, well played.

So you’re telling me you can get me my passport in less than a week

Who said anything about getting your own passport?

Who said anything about getting your own passport?

Oh, Mr. Finnegan!

What are you offering me? :mermaid:t4:

More deets about the meeting.

Oh, and the meeting was with Eoinna. I’m sure you’ve heard of her. She’s an amazing gal. She get shit done and makes my dreams come true.

Hold your horses. I just got mine and it ain’t exactly what I was looking for. For one, Eoins friends have added a few pounds and (even though I should have guessed) some extra obligatory facial hair.

TnaYQN1

Me thinks that this TRS should stick to translating rather than fake ID running.

Excuse me, we overdelivered.

You didn’t even pay the facial hair extra

It’s okay. Us writers ripen with age like good wine. You can’t be blamed for still being at the diet coke stage. It’s just your age.

Give it a few years and you’ll be just as intellectually limber as the rest of us. 🙂

You didn’t even pay the facial hair extra

You call a passport which expired in May overdelivering? - Amature

TnaYQN1

I’m on the floor right now. Nice to meet you Nic!

I really can’t say you’re a cutie I mean look at your collar, the 🇺🇸

rotflmao.gif.311953a972392878e54f7529073882e5.gif

Try again, Eoin!

@nikavoice Thank you for posting about this! I actually had no idea about it.

I have mixed opinions about Fiverr asking for ID, but lots of platforms do it. I guess they figure they have more than enough sellers, so if these changes cause some to jump ship, it’s not going to have a big impact on them at the end of the day. Obviously, it’d be a different story if they were asking this of buyers (which is probably why they never will).

I have mixed opinions about Fiverr asking for ID, but lots of platforms do it. I guess they figure they have more than enough sellers, so if these changes cause some to jump ship, it’s not going to have a big impact on them at the end of the day. Obviously, it’d be a different story if they were asking this of buyers (which is probably why they never will).

Hi, Sydney! 😎

You’re welcome. I figured it would make sense to have a general topic about this policy for people to dissect. I’m sure there are thousands of Sellers who are not privy to this info.

The response I Got From Support:

@ssj1236 Thanks! I’ll edit my OP to include this info from CS.

It’s okay. Us writers ripen with age like good wine. You can’t be blamed for still being at the diet coke stage. It’s just your age.

Give it a few years and you’ll be just as intellectually limber as the rest of us. 🙂

Give it a few years

Me being around a few years from now would be the real miracle. :v

I’ll keep insist why I think this is a good idea (ID verification).

Right now I reported more than 35 gigs in a single ticket. ALL of them have the same images in their deliveries. Many gigs are multiplied gigs in a seller account, but all seems to be the same seller with different accounts.

if you research for LINE ART VECTOR, more than half of the gigs displayed in the first page are gigs with same deliveries in their portfolio (some use these images as cover).

This ID verification isn’t perfect to avoid fake sellers and buyers, but I believe it will help, and fiverr marketplace needs this urgently, to clean these literally mediocre sellers.

I’ll keep insist why I think this is a good idea (ID verification).

Right now I reported more than 35 gigs in a single ticket. ALL of them have the same images in their deliveries. Many gigs are multiplied gigs in a seller account, but all seems to be the same seller with different accounts.

if you research for LINE ART VECTOR, more than half of the gigs displayed in the first page are gigs with same deliveries in their portfolio (some use these images as cover).

This ID verification isn’t perfect to avoid fake sellers and buyers, but I believe it will help, and fiverr marketplace needs this urgently, to clean these literally mediocre sellers.

fiverr marketplace needs this urgently, to clean these literally mediocre sellers.

In this case, the perfect compromise would be to petition Fiverr to elect your good self as our very first police chief.

Archived