Losing Top Rated Seller after 4 years because of 89% reply's

cal5086

It seem we only see seller demoted from TRS, anyone experience level up to TRS from Level 2 since St.Level Day launched? Or gain back your TRS after demoted? Seem like fiverr wanna eliminate TRS for some reason on the platform?

Or gain back your TRS after demoted?

Why yes, I heard about it from a former TRS in this thread. 😃

You are right, I was a TRS for 5 years. Actually there were two person who got the TRS again after lost it.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So sent out my first quote, it is ridiculous that now when I have to define the scope of my quote, I cannot offer the buyer all the information about their order that is needed, I don’t understand why they would hamstring level 2 and level 1 sellers like this. I mean why would they put any of they sellers at a disadvantaged so they might not possibly make a sale? Why not give all levels of seller the same ability to even give out information to the client…?

Yeah, I’ve messaged them so many times. I did forget also this month they changed their whole messaging system, which through me off a tad also, which makes me wonder if that could have effected me. I know all the saved messages I had on my end for all the great clients I worked with got erased, I have probably over 70 or 80 on there, now I have like 10… lol

It’s all good, I’m sure they are sick of hearing from me, they didn’t really seem like they wanted to help much anyhow. The one guy said he passed along my info to the editorial team, so we’ll see on Monday I guess.

So sent out my first quote, it is ridiculous that now when I have to define the scope of my quote, I cannot offer the buyer all the information about their order that is needed, I don’t understand why they would hamstring level 2 and level 1 sellers like this.

Care to elaborate?

Sorry, I haven’t had enuff in my system and I’m working in a 5K word script.

So, forgive me for asking this Q. 😁

Are you saying TRS have a better and detailed custom quote thingy?

So sent out my first quote, it is ridiculous that now when I have to define the scope of my quote, I cannot offer the buyer all the information about their order that is needed, I don’t understand why they would hamstring level 2 and level 1 sellers like this.

Care to elaborate?

Sorry, I haven’t had enuff in my system and I’m working in a 5K word script.

So, forgive me for asking this Q. 😁

Are you saying TRS have a better and detailed custom quote thingy?

So when you send a quote over under “Define the offer scope” I swear I had like 8 or maybe 10 options there, I don’t know why they would remove those? Why is telling the client the scope of what they are ordering a “TRS” Level feature…

So when you send a quote over under “Define the offer scope” I swear I had like 8 or maybe 10 options there, I don’t know why they would remove those? Why is telling the client the scope of what they are ordering a “TRS” Level feature…

It’s not that big of a deal I’ll just go back to typing out what they are getting with their order, instead of clicking a button.

I’m kinda wondering at this point if the system is broken, or not working, I started the week off at like 86, in 1 day it went from 86-88, then 89 when I posted this, its been 89 for 3 days now.

I’m kinda wondering at this point if the system is broken, or not working, I started the week off at like 86, in 1 day it went from 86-88, then 89 when I posted this, its been 89 for 3 days now.

The level system itself makes about as much sense as a fat lifeguard.

Don’t even try to make sense of it, you will just give yourself a headache.

That said, now that you have joined us in the Fiverr career death spiral, here’s a few things to watch out for:

• Count your cancellations manually by looking at your earnings page. You will often find cancellations hanging round long after 2-months
  • Watch out for your response rate. Fiverr doesn’t actually use CPU’s like most other websites. Instead, Fiverr uses analog-based abacus mathematics. As a result, your response rate won’t ever go up until an old man somewhere summons enough energy to push some beads along a wooden pole
  • Learn how to play Review Russian Roulette and like it. 4.7 reviews caused by the buggy Fiverr iOS app get counted as 4.5 in your analytics. This means that anything less than 5-stars puts you on an irreparable road to ruin

Got all that? Good. Now you try your hardest and you too could be a level zero someday! 🙂

Edit: WILL BE A LEVEL ZERO SOMEDAY

Yep, I was thinking today actually and this is my biggest problem with the site.

If a buyer bought something from me, I delivered the order in full then they had some type of terrible situation I had with family members dying or some other type of hardship and they reached out to customer service, because the order auto completed when they were away…

Customer service would bend over backwards to help with with this, they would even refund them their money, even after I put in the time to work, deliver and finish up their order. I’ve seen this happen multiple times, first hand.

I just don’t understand, obviously if I’m not a top rated seller, I’m not going to make as much money, which mean they don’t make as much, not as many folks will see my gigs, I’m at a disadvantage now when quoting orders, and if you ask any of my clients whom I have worked with over the past 6 years they would all say my customer service is amazing.

I mean before they put this stupid rating system in, my reply’s would be about 59%, my on time delivery was about 64% but I had nothing but 5 star ratings, because I was kind, I over delivered and I delivered great designs, people would always tell me, take your time, I care more about the finished product, then how long it takes to get done.

Since these new ratings have been into effect I haven’t made any more money, I’ve been much more stressed out, the website doesn’t make me feel like I’m a freelancer anymore or like I am in control of anything.

Then the dev teams spends their time revamping the messaging system, which wasn’t broken, adding in a whole ranking system that has way more downsides then up. And the site this whole time pushes this doer attitude, but seems to me like they really don’t look out for doers at all. 😦

Just makes me really sad because like I said above, I love this site, I thought it was the coolest thing when I first got on it, Heck, I even wrote a book about this site and how to become a top rated seller (unpublished) but now I guess I can add a new chapter to my book about how easy it is to lose it. I mean they buy these new websites for quoting, they have systems where we could bring our own clients on, they do everything to build this site up for buyers and for getting new people to sign up, but they do very little in the way of making sellers lives easier, just a 24/7 grid to keep above 90%.

Sigh, just frustrated and sad. I also attached my book, just am terrible at proofing so I’m not sure if it will ever get done.

Welcome to my nightmare, all your hard work was for naught, all your achievements were taken away by some inhumane system with zero human feedback and zero possibility of appeal.

What happens now?

Well, you can expect to lose 50%+ of your income, in fact, there’s a possibility you’ll be demoted again if you can’t raise that 89% to 90%, and it’s going to be hard because when you have so many reviews and orders as you do, it can take forever for the numbers to change.

The only good news is you won’t lose your reviews, but you might end up having to lower your prices to keep getting orders, or not. Or you’ll have to advertise your gigs on Facebook and do other stuff to get orders.

The old days of getting easy orders from search are gone. Your TRS’s privileges are gone. Loved getting paid in 7 days? Now you’ll get paid in 14 days. Find a full-time or part-time job if you can.

If that happens, you won’t be able to do Fiverr full time like you did before, so you’ll be forced to jack up your prices and make less money.

yeah the 14 day thing doesn’t seem like a huge deal, because as long as you are working the money is just coming a day later than usual.

The part where it hurts is when you take a week off, then it takes longer to get everything going.

Honestly i’m not even mad, I just wish Fiverr had more understanding with hardships, losing TRS should be a big deal and not an automatic demotion.

I know that feel, because I lost my TRS after 5 years(I was a TRS since 2012) with the new evolution system and after that I nominated for 7th time for TRS but unfortunately I didn’t get it back. Also, after dropped the TRS your earning will be dropped by 50% too.

Guest offlinehelpers

@cal5086 I’m so sorry it didn’t work out for you - I had my fingers crossed it would. ☀️

It’s also a great shame that other users have hijacked your thread to make the same old moans etc. they have done for months without reading what’s happened to you personally.

My best wishes to you and your family.

So when you send a quote over under “Define the offer scope” I swear I had like 8 or maybe 10 options there, I don’t know why they would remove those?

Oh,OK! :ok_hand:t4: Sounds like you’ve lost the gig extras after your demotion.

I got demoted from a level 1 to a level 2 a little while ago for also being on 89%, one of the messages I hadn’t responded to quickly enough was spam which is crazy to me! Also, as someone else said no matter how many messages I am then replying to that 89% never goes up, how is that even possible?

I got demoted from a level 1 to a level 2 a little while ago for also being on 89%, one of the messages I hadn’t responded to quickly enough was spam which is crazy to me! Also, as someone else said no matter how many messages I am then replying to that 89% never goes up, how is that even possible?

I’ve been at 89% since Friday, probably had anywhere from 40-50 messages come in… It seems brokenish…

But sellers have a new feature now, we can BYOB…

I do agree, while I do think Fiverr should review TRS both ways, for both getting it and losing it as there are hardship situations in life… when being tied to a website 24/7 is ridiculous.

I 100% accept that I was the one that let my rating fall… I guess, I am a tad suspicious I’m not at or above 90% yet… but I’ll see how it shakes out.

Currently, refocused and working extremely hard to get TRS back asap… I got a lot of good tips from folks and met a lot of cool people so, prehaps all will work out for the better in the end 🙂

No matter what systems Fiverr throws at me… its 100% not going to stop me, from making them money… lol

No matter what systems Fiverr throws at me… its 100% not going to stop me…

I GREATLY admire this perspective, and I commend you on your positive attitude (even despite the tragic family challenges you are experiencing right now).

No matter what systems Fiverr throws at me… its 100% not going to stop me, from making them money… lol

Even meanie gremlins? ⤵️

Seriously, despite everything that’s going on in your life, I ❤️

gremlins-gizmo-hand-puppet.thumb.jpg.d6534d05e73fd9d5c77388fa17bcafda.jpg

Archived