Struggling with first order

ellismanson101

Your gig description explains what you do, but it doesn’t explain what’s the problem that you solving or what kind of value are you offering. Why would someone need a cartoon portrait of themselves?

In your gig description I would recommend answering these questions

• What you do? (3-4 sentences with some samples)
  • Why you do it? (Add a bullet list of why would someone order you gig, what would they do with the end product)
  • How you do it? (Make a time lapse video and upload it to your portfolio)

You just got to stick it out, knowing what people search for is half the battle.

Your service(s) are delivering solutions to problems always remember that.

And have at least 7 gigs. I’ve had orders with gigs that I didn’t think would perform great but have actually turned out to be top performers.

You just got to stick it out, knowing what people search for is half the battle.

Your service(s) are delivering solutions to problems always remember that.

And have at least 7 gigs. I’ve had orders with gigs that I didn’t think would perform great but have actually turned out to be top performers.

knowing what people search for is half the battle.

I’ve had orders with gigs that I didn’t think would perform great but have actually turned out to be top performers.

These bits of advice are really good, @ellismanson101. It has taken me years to find the right titles for my gigs that the buyers who need them search for those words and find my gigs. I still tweak new gigs or underperforming gig.

As far as guessing at what gig will be successful, that doesn’t always happen either. One of my gigs was a super low performer for a very long time. Now and then it would sell and the reviews on it were great, but it just didn’t sell often. I tweaked the tags, the description, the title and finally hit on a good combination. That one gig got so popular that it’s actually not even on my profile right now because I have too many bulk orders to take in more single orders. When I’m ready, I will put it back and I have faith that in time it will perform again.

Don’t just wait, take any advice given to you and try tweaking. Give the tweaks a few weeks and then try again if they don’t work. If advice on the forum doesn’t work, read e-books and blogs about marketing and try those ideas. Hire a copywriter if need be. Persistence has been a key point for most successful sellers whether they sell a little regularly or a lot every day.

For a start you might want to actually proofread your gigs.

(I understand English isn’t everyone’s native language but you probably shouldn’t be proofreading it if you cant spot the errors in your own gig)

Archived