New Tips to Increase Sales on Fiverr

I recently created a translation gig,

Nice you decided to open your translation gig! 😃

I saw the description and It made me happy to see you used Venezuela for the 2 examples mentioned on it !!! 😃 You should have seen my face when I read “rancho”, I was like “what is this word doing here? 😳😊

P.S. Clients, please don’t give us PDF unless that’s all you have. A word document with all the text and graphs that need to be translated is very helpful and saves us a lot of time. Have you ever tried copying and pasting a graph into word? Not fun.

I also only accepted Word but recently I had to add PDF as buyers don’t read the gig and sends whatever file they want or have. For those, I use Acrobat. The only files I don’t accept are images and scanned documents as I still can’t find a software that can convert them or extract text faithfully and Acrobat doesn’t handle them properly enough.

I recently created a translation gig,

I’m impressed by your expansion into translation!

If you are having problems editing PDF documents, you might want to try using a linux based office suite called Libre Office. You can install a linux OS as a subsystem to windows and install it that way. So far, its the easiest way I’ve found to edit PDF documents. However, I am a full Linux guy. Just remember to export edited documents as PDFs after you are finished, in order to avoid any compatability problems in Word.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you, I lived in Venezuela for many years, that’s where my Spanish comes from.

Just keep in mind that “rancho” means something very different in Mexico. A rancho might have 50 or 100+ hectares, cows, bulls, crops, etc, and a huge mansion.

Of course, the neutral Spanish term would be “hacienda.” That’s what I would use if the translated document had a wide audience.

Thank you, I lived in Venezuela for many years, that’s where my Spanish comes from.

I’m even happier to know you learnt Spanish in my homeland 😍

Just keep in mind that “rancho” means something very different in Mexico. A rancho might have 50 or 100+ hectares, cows, bulls, crops, etc, and a huge mansion.

Of course, the neutral Spanish term would be “hacienda.” That’s what I would use if the translated document had a wide audience.

Yes, and “rancho” also means the portion of meal - normally stew - that is made to feed a large amount of people, just as the meal soldiers were given to eat formerly 😉

That is why I love Spanish 😍

I really wish you success in this new stage! I know it won’t be difficult for you to start as you’re already a level 2 seller 😉

If you are having problems editing PDF documents, you might want to try using a linux based office suite called Libre Office. You can install a linux OS as a subsystem to windows and install it that way. So far, its the easiest way I’ve found to edit PDF documents. However, I am a full Linux guy. Just remember to export edited documents as PDFs after you are finished, in order to avoid any compatability problems in Word.

Nice! Today I learnt something new. Thanks! 😃 😉

I didn’t know PDF files could be edited through Open/Libre Office 😳 I’ll try it this weekend, play around a little bit with it to see how it works 😃

• 2 months later...

Great tips! I could also add to be specific and clear in the description. Buyer needs to see fast what you offer and answer his questions while reading the description. Long descriptions are a little hard to work i think. So keep it simple!

Thanks

Long descriptions are a little hard to work i think. So keep it simple!

While crafting a gig description, your focus should be more on writing a detailed and easy to understand description than on the size. If you have a lot of information to convey, I don’t think a long gig description will put you at a disadvantage. It’s better than having a short and “simple” description that skips on/is unable to cover all the important details that your buyers need to know.

Sure! You can use the real estate available in your FAQ section to shorten your gig description. However, what I’ve said above is assuming that the FAQ section is already “sold out”.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived