New Tips to Increase Sales on Fiverr

What is this supposed to mean? “Stay hungry” I get… but “stay foolish”? Foolish business owners rarely succeed. I’m not sure it’s wise to be suggesting that people “stay foolish”.

I’m always hungry and sometimes I act a fool. 😉 can’t be so serious all the time!😛

Yeah, I still don’t get the context of “stay foolish”. But hey, if Steve said it, it likely came with good intentions. 😉

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I still don’t get the context of “stay foolish”. But hey, if Steve said it, it likely came with good intentions. 😉

Hi Jonbaas, it means to keep on trying new things even when the societies think it’s foolish - that’s what I found out. Just like in the history - the Wright Brothers. Yes, I do agree that we should be reasonable too when trying new things but as always quotes are kinda exaggerated but I like it. ☀️

Hi, I hope this post will help you get a better Translation Service

1. Communication - Inform translators your Word Count, Formatting, and Deadline.

2. Set a realistic budget - Translation is not an easy task. We need to understand the text, translate, proofread, and localize the text. It’s not a single process step.

3. Don’t check with Google Translate - Translation can ONLY be checked by translator. Never judge a translator with Google Translate. Some languages have less vocabulary and that could only be the suitable word for its context so some of the sentences could be almost similar to Google Translate.

4. Set a realistic deadline - Don’t expect a well done job if it’s too urgent.

5. Make payment first - Sorry but there are lots of scammers and we are humans too. Payment done will ensure peace of mind for both of us.

6. Reply - Don’t forget to reply to any messages from translators so you’ll get better result. Sometimes the original text is full of errors.

What is this supposed to mean? “Stay hungry” I get… but “stay foolish”? Foolish business owners rarely succeed. I’m not sure it’s wise to be suggesting that people “stay foolish”.

I’m always hungry and sometimes I act a fool. 😉 can’t be so serious all the time!😛

Steve Jobs

Another example of how sociopath’s operate.

Now the first trillion dollar company.

A man with great ideas. And a perfect execution of doing anything to anyone to get there.

Thanks for the tips!

I do have a question tough, can you change the URL of your gig? I have changed my titels a bit to make them more fitting, but that means they are not the same as the URL. Will this be a problem for me?

I try not to change the title for exacly this reason. It’s better not to.

The definition of volunteering is:

“freely offer to do something” or “work without being paid”.

I don’t see why you can’t do that in real life… with your resume services. 😉

Surely the nearest thing you can do to volunteering on Fiverr is to set the gig/package price to $5, since a gig can’t be free (and you aren’t supposed to do work solely in messaging as far as I know).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

did you get your gigs back? because I recently want to improve my gig but now it is gone because I edited it so many times. if you got back please tell me how because it’s really hard to get on the top 1 page and first on the list but now everything is gone because it is invisible.

After 48 hours you will get back in search and same position

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/5/2018 at 10:38 AM, sayedussadat said:
Can anyone explain me how to do this??

Just save the title first. Then press back. You’ll see a small font of: Use Seo Title - below the Title (on your left)

Updates:

1. I found out that pressing SAVE too often when editing gigs could make your gigs disappear.

Be A sociopath, Be Heartless

I guess you can’t take it with you, he would have been the richest CEO on Earth.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/17/2018 at 3:20 AM, radhiiikamal said:

Do something extra but within your limits and be sure they are reasonable too.

This one goes so wrong so fast for so many sellers here and feeds into the general unrealistic expectations buyers have. Unless it’s a regular buyer you want to be helpful and accommodating with, it’s not a good idea. Deliver what was initially discussed and agreed upon and just make sure it’s of good quality.

• 3 weeks later...

You could test the translator. I recently created a translation gig, and my buyer wanted to know how much for 8,000 words. I told him $80. Then he asked how much to test me with one page, I said $10.

That way, he’ll get to know my skills before he orders, and I won’t waste too much time with a large order.

BTW, I think you meant “Pay First,” not “make payment first.”

P.S. Clients, please don’t give us PDF unless that’s all you have. A word document with all the text and graphs that need to be translated is very helpful and saves us a lot of time. Have you ever tried copying and pasting a graph into word? Not fun.

You could test the translator. I recently created a translation gig, and my buyer wanted to know how much for 8,000 words. I told him $80. Then he asked how much to test me with one page, I said $10.

That way, he’ll get to know my skills before he orders, and I won’t waste too much time with a large order.

P.S. Clients, please don’t give us PDF unless that’s all you have. A word document with all the text and graphs that need to be translated is very helpful and saves us a lot of time. Have you ever tried copying and pasting a graph into word? Not fun.

Thank you for your suggestions, @fastcopywriter. 🙂

@devsunny1, I want to edit this post but it’s not possible. I didn’t proofread it twice. Hehe.

Thank you for your suggestions, @fastcopywriter. 🙂

@devsunny1, I want to edit this post but it’s not possible. I didn’t proofread it twice. Hehe.

I think you can edit,

Scroll up, look for this symbol “…” between the heart and reply, Click it and see if you can edit.

Or click on the Flag.

You’re not the first poster to edit a post. Even replies here can be edited.

I recently created a translation gig,

Nice you decided to open your translation gig! 😃

I saw the description and It made me happy to see you used Venezuela for the 2 examples mentioned on it !!! 😃 You should have seen my face when I read “rancho”, I was like “what is this word doing here? 😳😊

I also only accepted Word but recently I had to add PDF as buyers don’t read the gig and sends whatever file they want or have. For those, I use Acrobat. The only files I don’t accept are images and scanned documents as I still can’t find a software that can convert them or extract text faithfully and Acrobat doesn’t handle them properly enough.

I recently created a translation gig,

Nice you decided to open your translation gig! 😃

I saw the description and It made me happy to see you used Venezuela for the 2 examples mentioned on it !!! 😃 You should have seen my face when I read “rancho”, I was like “what is this word doing here? 😳😊

I also only accepted Word but recently I had to add PDF as buyers don’t read the gig and sends whatever file they want or have. For those, I use Acrobat. The only files I don’t accept are images and scanned documents as I still can’t find a software that can convert them or extract text faithfully and Acrobat doesn’t handle them properly enough.

Thank you, I lived in Venezuela for many years, that’s where my Spanish comes from.

Just keep in mind that “rancho” means something very different in Mexico. A rancho might have 50 or 100+ hectares, cows, bulls, crops, etc, and a huge mansion.

Of course, the neutral Spanish term would be “hacienda.” That’s what I would use if the translated document had a wide audience.

Archived