Did the fiverr service fee really have to double?

millumma

I don’t know, you’d have to ask the people who doubled it.

Before people panic, I wanted to add that it ‘only’ doubled for buyers from $1 to $2 for orders up to $40 but from then on, it’s still 5% as before.

And seller fees are still 20%.

On 5/24/2018 at 9:36 AM, miiila said:

Before people panic, I wanted to add that it ‘only’ doubled for buyers from $1 to $2 for orders up to $40

You know, I really thought it did especially when I read it in the updated TOS and from a discussion regarding such but I just bought a gig recently and it was still 5% regardless of price. The processing fee was $1 for a $5 gig. Perhaps it’s going to be implemented soon and it was more of a heads up? I’m not sure…

Double is a lot regardless were or how!! Double the price of gasoline and see what happens!

I know, that’s why I put the ’ ’ around ‘only’. That comparison wouldn’t apply to the price of gasoline doubling but the tax on it, though.

Perhaps it’s going to be implemented soon and it was more of a heads up?

It’s in the May ToS update, but nobody knew the exact date, so perhaps.

• 2 weeks later...

I know, that’s why I put the ’ ’ around ‘only’. That comparison wouldn’t apply to the price of gasoline doubling but the tax on it, though.

Perhaps it’s going to be implemented soon and it was more of a heads up?

It’s in the May ToS update, but nobody knew the exact date, so perhaps.

I just saw that it doubled while leaving a tip. I ended up cancelling. There should really be no fee for leaving a tip.

Before people panic, I wanted to add that it ‘only’ doubled for buyers from $1 to $2 for orders up to $40

You know, I really thought it did especially when I read it in the updated TOS and from a discussion regarding such but I just bought a gig recently and it was still 5% regardless of price. The processing fee was $1 for a $5 gig. Perhaps it’s going to be implemented soon and it was more of a heads up? I’m not sure…

I read in another thread on the Forum that if you use the 💰

I read in another thread on the Forum that if you use the 💰

Yes, I was trying it out not using my earnings – meaning my earnings are at 0 and it charged me through Paypal, [during time of the original thread discussion it still charged $1], however, I just checked a few moments ago and it now does charge $2. Hehe.

Double is a lot regardless were or how!! Double the price of gasoline and see what happens!

Double the price of gasoline and see what happens!

Double the price of gasoline and a tank of gas goes from $50 to $100. Double fiverr’s fee and a gig goes from $6 to $7. Really?

Double the price of gasoline and see what happens!

Double the price of gasoline and a tank of gas goes from $50 to $100. Double fiverr’s fee and a gig goes from $6 to $7. Really?

It’s more of a apples to oranges situation but it is a worthwhile question to answer. Have other sites started charging $2 as well?

It’s more of a apples to oranges situation but it is a worthwhile question to answer. Have other sites started charging $2 as well?

Not sure, but the question was flawed. Instead of saying the gas price doubles, maybe more accurate to portray as the 10 cent gas tax doubles. I just like precise terms, that’s just me.

Not sure, but the question was flawed. Instead of saying the gas price doubles, maybe more accurate to portray as the 10 cent gas tax doubles. I just like precise terms, that’s just me.

I just like precise terms, that’s just me.

Never change Mike, never change.

I realize that being very very, very precise when choosing words is not a trendy thing. Glad you are old skool.

The service fee doubled from $1 to $2 not sure how much more accurate you want it?? I never said anything about the job cost.

10 cent gas tax

10 cents per gallon @newsmike? Is that low? 🚗

In Italy, the fuel duty for one liter of petrol is $0.85, the VAT $0.33.

One gallon (3.785 liters) has a fuel duty of $3.2 and $1.25 of VAT.

10 cent gas tax

10 cents per gallon @newsmike? Is that low? 🚗

Here pacquo is the US gas taxes per state. The Federal tax is around 18 cents and then each state has its own tax added to that.

en.wikipedia.org

page1-400px-Gas_and_Diesel_taxes_pdf.jpg.2845905100e45e9d456ac77449721e84.jpg

Fuel taxes in the United States

The United States federal excise tax on gasoline is 18.4 cents per gallon and 24.4 cents per gallon for diesel fuel. The federal tax was last raised in 1993 and is not indexed to inflation, which increased by a total of 64.6 percent from 1993 until 2015. On average, as of January 2017[update], state and local taxes and fees add 31.04 cents to gasoline and 31.01 cents to diesel, for a total US average fuel tax of 49.44 cents per gallon for gas and 55.41 cents per gallon for diesel. The first U...

On 6/3/2018 at 3:18 PM, millumma said:

The service fee doubled from $1 to $2 not sure how much more accurate you want it?? I never said anything about the job cost.

You referenced the price of gas doubling. Wouldn’t that equate more to the price of a service, than the ancillary and very small tax or processing fee associated with it?

On 6/3/2018 at 3:20 PM, pacquo said:

No it is higher here, but I was just grabbing a number from thin air to illustrate the silliness of the argument being put forward.

• 3 weeks later...

I was in a similar incident… Although I am aware that the processing fee will be the same no matter if it’s an order or a tip.

Anyhow, she’s a regular who enjoys leaving tips every time she makes a purchase once the order is completed. She said, "I see the fees have also increased even for leaving tips. Sad 😦 "

i was in my way to place an order here on Fiverr and i saw this Service Fee of 2$ really!! you guys take 20% of our earnings from all members everyday which means 100s of 1000s of money and let us sit on fire for 2 weeks tell we can withdraw earnings and after that charge us 1$ to withdraw to pay pal and also earn commission payoneer and now you want extra 2$ come on and even if the order cancelled i guess you won’t return the 2$ bill , i guess we should start looking for other sites really other sites are trying to save your $ by making users use their balance and you want 2$ for what guys this is too much and last ting you should start calling it savenrr it fits better enjoy your 2$

Yes they really charge $2 fee extra and if we cancel the order then we only get the original cost of gig but did not get our fees back…

This is very disappointed for buyer and also for seller,

So Fiverr must take care of this,

and also its not worth it anymore in case you wish to do out sourcing 😥

Archived