How Can I Find The Right Fiverr Seller That Would Suit My Needs Because Most Feedbacks on Fiverr Sellers' Gigs Are Overrated?

wordpress_whiz

@misscrystal

Please do not panic…You’re an excellent seller and if any change happens, you would be thanking me in the future because the changes ended up favoring you…People do not like change but change is a good thing and this would benefit great sellers and buyers

Im not in a panic. I just dont see why you want things to be even harder for sellers. Its up to buyers to figure out who is worth buying from and it can be done.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im not in a panic. I just dont see why you want things to be even harder for sellers. Its up to buyers to figure out who is worth buying from and it can be done.

I already sent customer service a message and I want to see what they say now because their developers created the platform

try getting a gig with no reviews. then you will avoid this doubt 🙂

but if you are too worried with this, just check the number of reviews, and the number and “quality” of the negative reviews.

Also look as their live portfolio.

It’s a risk but there is no 100% sure before ordering a gig. You are dealing with people, not with computers. And people may commit mistakes.

try getting a gig with no reviews. then you will avoid this doubt 🙂

but if you are too worried with this, just check the number of reviews, and the number and “quality” of the negative reviews.

Also look as their live portfolio.

It’s a risk but there is no 100% sure before ordering a gig. You are dealing with people, not with computers. And people may commit mistakes.

@xuntes

Good point and thanks…

@misscrystal

to force sellers to display all the things they do, all the jobs they do?

That’s not new at all…Other freelance platforms encourage sellers to add a portfolio to their profile to increase sales…

> misscrystal: “to force sellers to display all the things they do, all the jobs they do?”

That’s not new at all…Other freelance platforms encourage sellers to add a portfolio to their profile to increase sales…

All freelance sites encourage sellers to add a portfolio, but it wouldn’t have to be made up of work you’ve done for real clients. I have to keep pretty much all of my work private because my clients purchase all the rights and they would not want that displayed. I created a portfolio of work that I wrote just for new buyers to look at and marked it as sample work. If Fiverr forced me to display my deliveries, my clients would disappear.

> misscrystal: “to force sellers to display all the things they do, all the jobs they do?”

All freelance sites encourage sellers to add a portfolio, but it wouldn’t have to be made up of work you’ve done for real clients. I have to keep pretty much all of my work private because my clients purchase all the rights and they would not want that displayed. I created a portfolio of work that I wrote just for new buyers to look at and marked it as sample work. If Fiverr forced me to display my deliveries, my clients would disappear.

There are a lot of categories in which clients prefer privacy about what they purchase.

I actually noticed there are many sellers who have the same repeated reviews by the same buyer for multiple times. Obviously, it’s made up reviews, not actual buyers. So before buying and be sure to browse through the review part of a seller.

I actually noticed there are many sellers who have the same repeated reviews by the same buyer for multiple times. Obviously, it’s made up reviews, not actual buyers. So before buying and be sure to browse through the review part of a seller.

many sellers who have the same repeated reviews by the same buyer for multiple times. Obviously, it’s made up reviews, not actual buyers.

Please get your facts straight. This depends on many factors. I sell services that many buyers need once or twice a week for a long period of time. Some review me twice a week for several weeks. They are real buyers who pay me well. How is that “made up”?

many sellers who have the same repeated reviews by the same buyer for multiple times. Obviously, it’s made up reviews, not actual buyers.

Please get your facts straight. This depends on many factors. I sell services that many buyers need once or twice a week for a long period of time. Some review me twice a week for several weeks. They are real buyers who pay me well. How is that “made up”?

I believe, what she means is that there are many sellers who buy their reviews with fake accounts.

A review can only be created when there’s an order created and delivered. I can let you know that there are many buyers that ask for changes to the delivered items after marking the order complete and returning to the sellers for slight changes even after days, month or years. These fall under repeat buyer categories. rb.jpg.9788cc8fec74640d28f97a9ef963f40c.jpgAnd it depends on the buyer whether to leave a feedback or not? Some buyer just copies and paste their previous feedback because they have already tested the seller services and they know it’s excellent (and that’s why they are back).

Do you want that a buyer should never order from a seller from whom he/she has already ordered?

No “LOGIC” 🙂

What’s your thought on a repeated buyer leaving a TIP 🙂 ?

That is not true at all. I have buyers who sometimes order multiple gigs for formatting books (as they have many small books) and when they leave reviews, they just write same thing on all orders.

Same thing like @fonthaunt said. Sometimes sellers can get daily orders from same buyer and get same review all the time

I believe, what she means is that there are many sellers who buy their reviews with fake accounts.

many sellers who buy their reviews with fake accounts.

Not true either. Sure, it happens but not with “many sellers” and not more than a few reviews. It is too expensive and it’s difficult to create multiple fake accounts with separate payment methods. Sellers who do it a few times get caught unless they start getting real buyers to validate the account.

many sellers who buy their reviews with fake accounts.

Not true either. Sure, it happens but not with “many sellers” and not more than a few reviews. It is too expensive and it’s difficult to create multiple fake accounts with separate payment methods. Sellers who do it a few times get caught unless they start getting real buyers to validate the account.

It was in the month of August 2017, I too came across two different sellers, selling to each other and just posting good reviews on each other gigs. I immediately reported these account to the CS and the same was dealt within a week and their accounts were suspended.

Staff in Fiverr Support are also humans not machines. It’s our duty of the sellers to report such cases immediately backed with proofs to the Support for necessary actions rather than just complaining here and there. This will benefit us (the sellers) and the Fiverr in the long run.

I actually noticed there are many sellers who have the same repeated reviews by the same buyer for multiple times. Obviously, it’s made up reviews, not actual buyers.

While it’s possible that some of those reviews are bought or a part of a review exchange, what you describe typically means that the seller has repeat buyers who are very happy with their service and return to them whenever they need the same type of work done.

That’s a good thing, not a bad one.

It was in the month of August 2017, I too came across two different sellers, selling to each other and just posting good reviews on each other gigs. I immediately reported these account to the CS and the same was dealt within a week and their accounts were suspended.

Staff in Fiverr Support are also humans not machines. It’s our duty of the sellers to report such cases immediately backed with proofs to the Support for necessary actions rather than just complaining here and there. This will benefit us (the sellers) and the Fiverr in the long run.

I found one last week and Support deleted both accounts in less than 2 hours. Like you said, they are human, they miss some. Most go down eventually, though.

When I’m looking for a seller I don’t really care about reviews that much. It’s one of the last things I look at on a seller’s profile.

I start with portfolio, then look at the gig description & FAQs to make sure it covers everything I’m looking for and usually the deciding factor is the communication with the seller.

It helps if a buyer has reviews, but it’s not a deal breaker. If they have reviews then I usually look at the negative reviews and how seller responded. I don’t even care about positive reviews.

If a seller has to buy reviews then most likely their portfolio is not good enough anyway.

Guest offlinehelpers

@wordpress_whiz
I can see this thread has gone round and round in circles overnight.

You’ve only just started selling here, for which I wish you all the best.

You’ve started a post which basically states that all Fiverr sellers are cheats and their feedbacks, and indeed live portfolios are made up and that positive reviews are being asked for before the work is completed and accepted.

If you think so little of the platform, your fellow sellers and indeed the buyers, why on earth would you want to join us as a seller here?

You’ve read some stuff on the internet about Fiverr, you’ve perhaps misread some threads about how to legitimately ask for a review and from these pieces of information you’ve made some sweeping generalisations which I and many other good sellers on here find distasteful.

Please - stop bad mouthing other Fiverr users - I and many others on this thread take it personally when none of it applies to the majority of us.

Added - every seller on here is also a potential buyer of your gigs - buyers don’t like to be insulted by sellers - funny that.

@wordpress_whiz

You’ve only just started selling here, for which I wish you all the best.

You’ve started a post which basically states that all Fiverr sellers are cheats and their feedbacks, and indeed live portfolios are made up and that positive reviews are being asked for before the work is completed and accepted.

If you think so little of the platform, your fellow sellers and indeed the buyers, why on earth would you want to join us as a seller here?

You’ve read some stuff on the internet about Fiverr, you’ve perhaps misread some threads about how to legitimately ask for a review and from these pieces of information you’ve made some sweeping generalisations which I and many other good sellers on here find distasteful.

Please - stop bad mouthing other Fiverr users - I and many others on this thread take it personally when none of it applies to the majority of us.

Added - every seller on here is also a potential buyer of your gigs - buyers don’t like to be insulted by sellers - funny that.

Good point and good place to stop.

Archived