Criteria for being selected as Top Rated Seller

adrover

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nobody will know the magic formula. All you can do is be great at what you do in every way.
Great communication, service, product, advertising, branding, etc. If you leave no doubt then there will be no doubt.

It’s fine to look at what other TRS are doing to try and learn but dont make the mistake of copying them.
Be you but be awesome at you.

good luck

Matt

• 2 weeks later...

Nobody will know the magic formula. All you can do is be great at what you do in every way.

Great communication, service, product, advertising, branding, etc. If you leave no doubt then there will be no doubt.

It’s fine to look at what other TRS are doing to try and learn but dont make the mistake of copying them.

good luck

Matt

In the old days of Fiverr, I think all it took was getting 5 to 15 orders a day, maybe 10 to 20 a day. Fiverr sees you’re making them money, they don’t see complaints, your ratings are good or great, why wouldn’t they promote you to TRS?

Nowadays, who knows?

Things just don’t work the same. This week I raised my prices by $10 on every package (one my #1 gig) and just yesterday I got an order.

Looking at the search results, I know I’m not the most expensive or the cheapest, but I was doing better charging $10/$20/$30. Either way, I will continue this experiment until Sunday, see if it makes me more money or less.

Right, copying people is very dangerous. You never know why they’re getting the sales they’re getting. Maybe they advertise, maybe they have a popular blog, lots of repeat customers, who knows?

That’s why it’s better to be yourself, and only change things when you’re not getting the results you want.

good luck

Matt

@mattvopro You are an amazing talent. I don’t understand how you are not a TRS yet! :thinking:

When you are promoted, which has got to be any day now, I hope you’ll share your story.

Cheers to your ongoing success!

~Lisa

• 1 month later...

good luck

Matt

Good suggestion, and well said. Thank you.

In the old days of Fiverr, I think all it took was getting 5 to 15 orders a day, maybe 10 to 20 a day. Fiverr sees you’re making them money, they don’t see complaints, your ratings are good or great, why wouldn’t they promote you to TRS?

Nowadays, who knows?

Things just don’t work the same. This week I raised my prices by $10 on every package (one my #1 gig) and just yesterday I got an order.

Looking at the search results, I know I’m not the most expensive or the cheapest, but I was doing better charging $10/$20/$30. Either way, I will continue this experiment until Sunday, see if it makes me more money or less.

Right, copying people is very dangerous. You never know why they’re getting the sales they’re getting. Maybe they advertise, maybe they have a popular blog, lots of repeat customers, who knows?

That’s why it’s better to be yourself, and only change things when you’re not getting the results you want.

How did your experiment go? Through my time here, there has been a sweet spot for pricing that gradually increased as I built my reputation. Experimenting over time can be very useful.

How did your experiment go? Through my time here, there has been a sweet spot for pricing that gradually increased as I built my reputation. Experimenting over time can be very useful.

My experiment didn’t work. While there were days I got some big orders, I didn’t make enough money. I make more charging $10 (for certain services) than I do charging $20.

I also notice that if you’re on the first row, or the first four rows, and you’re charging $20 or $40 while everyone else charges $5 and $10, you’re not going to get orders. But if you charge $10, and you have 1k+ reviews, and you’re next to competitors that have 50 or 500 reviews, or 8 reviews, then you have a competitive advantage.

With that said, your prices should be whatever you feel comfortable making.

For example, I’m charging $20 for radio because writing commercials takes a while, and sometimes you get a client with big pockets who orders 3 radios, so you want him paying $60 instead of $30.

I wish my finances didn’t depend so strongly on Fiverr. If I won the lottery, I’d probably be charging $100 for everything and see how many orders I get in a week.

That would be a fun experiment!

My experiment didn’t work. While there were days I got some big orders, I didn’t make enough money. I make more charging $10 (for certain services) than I do charging $20.

I also notice that if you’re on the first row, or the first four rows, and you’re charging $20 or $40 while everyone else charges $5 and $10, you’re not going to get orders. But if you charge $10, and you have 1k+ reviews, and you’re next to competitors that have 50 or 500 reviews, or 8 reviews, then you have a competitive advantage.

With that said, your prices should be whatever you feel comfortable making.

For example, I’m charging $20 for radio because writing commercials takes a while, and sometimes you get a client with big pockets who orders 3 radios, so you want him paying $60 instead of $30.

I wish my finances didn’t depend so strongly on Fiverr. If I won the lottery, I’d probably be charging $100 for everything and see how many orders I get in a week.

That would be a fun experiment!

I usually do my experiments when I’m so swamped with work that I am tempted to turn on vacation mode to stop the orders. Instead, I raise my prices.

think you could try pausing the tee spring one (I don’t even know what that is) and then see if your rankings improve. I know that if it is in any way similar sounding that can hurt you.

You might be right. The teespring fad ended long ago and I haven’t gotten an order for it in quite a while.

@fastcopywriter

How can I check if my ranking has improved. Is it just by checking where my gigs are in the search result?

Guest creatorscafe

I expect that within the next few months, I will meet the criteria to be nominated for Top Rated Seller (TRS) status! However, I know that not everyone who is nominated actually becomes a TRS. Obviously, good customer service is part of the selection criteria, but other than that, it seems that it’s a big secret. There are rumors that “community leadership” is one necessity, but what this means and if it’s actually true are unclear. So…can anyone shine a light on the criteria to be chosen as a TRS?

can anyone shine a light on the criteria to be chosen as a TRS?

Terms to be nominated as a TRS

Top Rated Sellers

• Top Rated Sellers are chosen manually by Fiverr editors through an ongoing review process based on seniority, volume of sales, extremely high ratings, exceptional customer care, high order completion rate and community leadership. Top Rated Sellers gain access to more extensive features than previous levels, including exclusive access to beta features and VIP support.

• Top Rated eligibility is constantly evaluated by Fiverr to ensure that the quality standards and expectations of the Top Rated selection is kept. Fiverr retains the right to change a Top Rated Seller status in light of such evaluation. In addition, Top Rated Sellers who cannot maintain their high quality service through a severe drop in ratings, stop delivering on time, increased cancellation rate or violate our Terms of Service, also risk losing their Top Rated status and the benefits that come with it.

Guest creatorscafe

Requirements

Here’s what I found [about requirements to be a TRS ]after researching for sometime :-

• Complete at least 180 days as an active Seller on Fiverr
  • Complete at least 100 individual orders (all time)
  • Earn at least $20,000
  • Maintain a 4.8 star rating over the course of 60 days
  • 90% Response rate over the course of 60 days
  • 90% Order completion over the course of 60 days
  • 90% On-time delivery over the course of 60 days
  • Avoiding receiving warnings over the course of 30 days

Benefits

• 30 Active Gigs
  • 6 Gig Extras ($5, $10, $20, $40, $50, $100)
  • 20 Gig Multiples
  • Custom Offers, up to $10,000
  • VIP Customer Support
  • Eligibility to be featured at promotional listings
  • Eligibility for Customer Success program
  • Earning clearance: 7 days

This post is extracted from fiverr’s seller levels page :-

@fastcopywriter

How can I check if my ranking has improved. Is it just by checking where my gigs are in the search result?

That’s the way I do it, but only for the gig that gets the most orders. Sometimes I check my other gigs to, but it’s a hassle to check all my gigs, I have 13 of them.

You can also go to Selling, Gigs and check the stats. I noticed some new metrics like 6 months. I also like 7 days and 30 days.

• 7 months later...

I’ve been nominated for TRS 5 times this year, every 15th. And I receive the same message that someone posted above after I’m not selected…

I had my hopes up the first and the second time I recived the notification they’re considering promoting me. I since learned not to put much thought into it.

The funny thing is, I often get clients that come to me after they receive subpar work from top rated sellers 🙂

At the end of the day it’s just a badge. To me it doesn’t mean much. I suggest you stop worrying about it. It will happen when it happens! 😄

excellent choice of words. i might did think like this guy. since in this 15th will be my first nomination for TRS. We just trying to help people works with our term. I think that is basicly the way fiverr works.

@mattvopro You are an amazing talent. I don’t understand how you are not a TRS yet! :thinking:

When you are promoted, which has got to be any day now, I hope you’ll share your story.

Cheers to your ongoing success!

~Lisa

just saw this. Very kind of you 🙂 I’d love to share the story but I fear I’ll never be promoted lol.

Hope all is well .

Matt

• 4 months later...

The thing about the stats is that they do not seem that important as long as you are above the required levels. Mine were worse than they had been in the previous month when I got the badge.

I think earnings is a large part of it, or at least that is what I have gauged from those who have got it recently. Possibly average sale price too, repeat clients, conversion rates etc - all these things are good for Fiverr and measured by Fiverr, so it would make SENSE for these to be included.

Bringing people to Fiverr could also be a positive too.

Regarding community leadership - I actually don’t think this really counts for much any more. When Fiverr started, it was vital to have community leaders as it was a small company which needed exposure. While in my case, being a mod could probably be considered Community Leadership, frankly, I don’t see any sign of this requirement in many of the new TRS sellers. It definitely does not mean anything about “posting lots on the forum” but of course, being on the forum is good for other reasons such as being informed, being part of a community and all that entails, etc.

Overall, with so many people being nominated, I simply cant see everyone getting manually checked. Instead, I would say there are probably “cut-offs” that are machine checked and that removes, for example, those who earned $100 that month so the staff don’t have to check the other aspects of that person.

This is a wonderful way to think this through. My fingers are crossed waiting on the 15th. I have strived to provide 100% satisfaction to each of my clients. I hope I get selected. Thank you so much for the piece of advice. It means a lot to me.

I’ve been nominated for TRS 5 times this year, every 15th. And I receive the same message that someone posted above after I’m not selected…

I had my hopes up the first and the second time I recived the notification they’re considering promoting me. I since learned not to put much thought into it.

The funny thing is, I often get clients that come to me after they receive subpar work from top rated sellers 🙂

At the end of the day it’s just a badge. To me it doesn’t mean much. I suggest you stop worrying about it. It will happen when it happens! 😄

You may just get it when you least expect. Over all just keep doing a great job. You will be recognized soon.

It seems the reasons given for not choosing people for TRS are quite basic. For those who have been passed over for TRS, do you feel that you met all the requirements, or were their suggestions useful?

• Review your Gig to make sure it’s accurate, and that you’re offering things you can deliver at a high quality.

—I feel like it would be pretty hard to have enough success to be nominated for TRS if you weren’t already doing this.

• Make sure you offer only one Gig per unique service. Duplicating your Gig is misleading and won’t benefit your business.

—Okay, this is probably a somewhat common mistake, but it’s easily fixed.

• Review your pricing and make sure it’s aligned with your offering.

—If the pricing wasn’t aligned with what you’re offering, you probably wouldn’t get $20K in sales. Or if you did, it would take years to do so.

• Make sure you represent yourself and your skills accurately.

—Again, I would think that people who are not representing themselves truthfully would have disappointed customers, and wouldn’t qualify to be nominated in the first place.

• Communicate clearly and quickly, both when chatting in the inbox or during orders.

—Just how quick and clear communication needs to be could be debated, but if you’re a level 2 seller and have the stats to qualify for TRS, your communication is probably good enough to make you successful. Whether this is good enough for Fiverr, I don’t know.

• Make sure you keep our community safe by following our TOS.

—I would hope that It would be hard to get to the point of being nominated if you were breaking the TOS, seeing as there are serious consequences for doing so.

If these really are the only qualifications, I think I’m golden! Unless they want a quicker response rate than what I currently have (2 hours). I feel like that’s a reasonable average response rate, since I have to sleep, do my clients’ work, and do other things. But who knows lol

Some valid points made. I guess there are still some salient points we need to take note of. Why don’t we spend some time reviewing current TRS gigs to know exactly what Fiverr looks out for. This will be my next assignment.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived