Criteria for being selected as Top Rated Seller

adrover

There are rumors that “community leadership” is one necessity

Lol I’ve seen many sellers who have never stepped foot into the Fiverr forrums get selected as TRS. It’s really up to Fiverr. If you have “original” ideas (ideas that not many sellers provide) then you have a pretty good chance of getting TRS.

If you have “original” ideas (ideas that not many sellers provide) then you have a pretty good chance of getting TRS.

Ideas as in unique gigs or…?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I truly believe the TRS criteria is not merely statistically based but rather performance based.

That being said, I believe support has no power in this regard and sending a support message will result in a canned response.

The TRS status have their own editorial department who’s sole focus is to promote professional sellers who offer exceptional value across the board. They are very big and can at times miss an opportunity to promote a seller but I definitely think these days their choices are pretty spot on.

Looking around at a few new TRS I can see that having negative reviews is not a factor.

Number one factor: Talent.

Talent shows in the reviews that ARE positive and, for example as a logo designer, in the live portfolio. To achieve TRS in a category as over represented and competitive as logos requires real talent, with prices to match, and really happy clients.

You can usually see, when you look at what TRS are providing to their clients, that there is something outstanding. It’s in the reviews. Not necessarily all the reviews are good, but generally, you will see a pattern of happiness that stands out.

Kudos to fiverr’s editors for being good at spotting real talent and rewarding it.

Or course there is tons of talent in other levels and if they could meet the analytics requirements they could possibly achieve TRS based on their talent, but there also has to be that commitment to excellence in all ways.

Looking around at a few new TRS I can see that having negative reviews is not a factor.

Talent shows in the reviews that ARE positive and, for example as a logo designer, in the live portfolio. To achieve TRS in a category as over represented and competitive as logos requires real talent, with prices to match, and really happy clients.

You can usually see, when you look at what TRS are providing to their clients, that there is something outstanding. It’s in the reviews. Not necessarily all the reviews are good, but generally, you will see a pattern of happiness that stands out.

Kudos to fiverr’s editors for being good at spotting real talent and rewarding it.

Or course there is tons of talent in other levels and if they could meet the analytics requirements they could possibly achieve TRS based on their talent, but there also has to be that commitment to excellence in all ways.

I hope so! I think that’s the way it should be. Along with good customer service. That makes TRS mean something.

It seems the reasons given for not choosing people for TRS are quite basic. For those who have been passed over for TRS, do you feel that you met all the requirements, or were their suggestions useful?

• Review your Gig to make sure it’s accurate, and that you’re offering things you can deliver at a high quality.

—I feel like it would be pretty hard to have enough success to be nominated for TRS if you weren’t already doing this.

• Make sure you offer only one Gig per unique service. Duplicating your Gig is misleading and won’t benefit your business.

—Okay, this is probably a somewhat common mistake, but it’s easily fixed.

• Review your pricing and make sure it’s aligned with your offering.

—If the pricing wasn’t aligned with what you’re offering, you probably wouldn’t get $20K in sales. Or if you did, it would take years to do so.

• Make sure you represent yourself and your skills accurately.

—Again, I would think that people who are not representing themselves truthfully would have disappointed customers, and wouldn’t qualify to be nominated in the first place.

• Communicate clearly and quickly, both when chatting in the inbox or during orders.

—Just how quick and clear communication needs to be could be debated, but if you’re a level 2 seller and have the stats to qualify for TRS, your communication is probably good enough to make you successful. Whether this is good enough for Fiverr, I don’t know.

• Make sure you keep our community safe by following our TOS.

—I would hope that It would be hard to get to the point of being nominated if you were breaking the TOS, seeing as there are serious consequences for doing so.

If these really are the only qualifications, I think I’m golden! Unless they want a quicker response rate than what I currently have (2 hours). I feel like that’s a reasonable average response rate, since I have to sleep, do my clients’ work, and do other things. But who knows lol

Make sure you offer only one Gig per unique service. Duplicating your Gig is misleading and won’t benefit your business.

Do you think I’m violating that rule by having a gig for headlines and a gig for teespring headlines? I think both are very different gigs.

Make sure you offer only one Gig per unique service. Duplicating your Gig is misleading and won’t benefit your business.

Do you think I’m violating that rule by having a gig for headlines and a gig for teespring headlines? I think both are very different gigs.

I think you could try pausing the tee spring one (I don’t even know what that is) and then see if your rankings improve. I know that if it is in any way similar sounding that can hurt you.

I suggest to anyone to try this to see what happens if you think you may have two gigs that might be too similar to each other.

I don’t think that you’re violating the rules. One is a general gig, and the other one is just for T-shirts (a niche gig).

It’s not violating a rule. It is that it is just possible that fiverr will think they are basically offering the same thing even if they are not.

The speed with which the revenue is accumulated and returning customers/building the devoted customer base seem to be a thing. Also, the above above average stats (I got the impression that a 92%-93% completion rate is considered low-ish, for instance, and you should strive to be around 95%-98% on all fronts).

Anyone who wants to be a TRS should focus on the following:

-converting inquiries into sales (higher percentage the better)
-providing amazing customer support (contrary to public belief this is NOT about “the client is always right” or “always make the buyer happy”.)
-reducing the time between order activation and order review by the buyer. (I’m not talking just about a speedy delivery, but a “nailing it on the first go” or “revising asap” kind of thing)

I’ve been nominated for TRS 5 times this year, every 15th. And I receive the same message that someone posted above after I’m not selected…

I had my hopes up the first and the second time I recived the notification they’re considering promoting me. I since learned not to put much thought into it.

The funny thing is, I often get clients that come to me after they receive subpar work from top rated sellers 🙂

At the end of the day it’s just a badge. To me it doesn’t mean much. I suggest you stop worrying about it. It will happen when it happens! 😄

The funny thing is, I often get clients that come to me after they receive subpar work from top rated sellers 🙂

At the end of the day it’s just a badge. To me it doesn’t mean much. I suggest you stop worrying about it. It will happen when it happens!

I enjoyed reading that, I love your attitude towards it.

I think you could try pausing the tee spring one (I don’t even know what that is) and then see if your rankings improve. I know that if it is in any way similar sounding that can hurt you.

I suggest to anyone to try this to see what happens if you think you may have two gigs that might be too similar to each other.

think you could try pausing the tee spring one (I don’t even know what that is) and then see if your rankings improve. I know that if it is in any way similar sounding that can hurt you.

You might be right. The teespring fad ended long ago and I haven’t gotten an order for it in quite a while.

think you could try pausing the tee spring one (I don’t even know what that is) and then see if your rankings improve. I know that if it is in any way similar sounding that can hurt you.

You might be right. The teespring fad ended long ago and I haven’t gotten an order for it in quite a while.

Well there you go! Pause it then. You don’t need it and it might be seen as a duplicate gig.

Well there you go! Pause it then. You don’t need it and it might be seen as a duplicate gig.

I just did. I’ve merged my Teespring gig with my headline gig, so now it’s only one gig for both. As I wrote in the description:

"Headlines can be used for everything: Billboards, Emails, Print Ads, Web Banners, Direct Mail, Dating Profiles, Teespring T-Shirts, even Fiverr Gigs. "

So maybe now I can target both markets.

Thanks for the advice.

I just did. I’ve merged my Teespring gig with my headline gig, so now it’s only one gig for both. As I wrote in the description:

"Headlines can be used for everything: Billboards, Emails, Print Ads, Web Banners, Direct Mail, Dating Profiles, Teespring T-Shirts, even Fiverr Gigs. "

So maybe now I can target both markets.

Thanks for the advice.

Thank you for taking it, most people stubbornly don’t.

Archived