Criteria for being selected as Top Rated Seller

adrover

I expect that within the next few months, I will meet the criteria to be nominated for Top Rated Seller (TRS) status! However, I know that not everyone who is nominated actually becomes a TRS. Obviously, good customer service is part of the selection criteria, but other than that, it seems that it’s a big secret. There are rumors that “community leadership” is one necessity, but what this means and if it’s actually true are unclear. So…can anyone shine a light on the criteria to be chosen as a TRS?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This seller posted a copy of the letter he got today that said what the criteria is.

I’m running a race? Really? I got his letter from Fiverr today: Hi fastcopywriter, After reviewing your profile and Gigs, we’ve decided you will remain at a Level Two status for the time being. While maintaining the high standards required for this status, we always encourage you to grow and improve. Your account will be evaluated on the 15th of each month, so you can continue on working hard towards earning a promotion. Here are a few things you can do, to better collaborate with buyers an…

This seller posted a copy of the letter he got today that said what the criteria is.

I’m running a race? Really? I got his letter from Fiverr today: Hi fastcopywriter, After reviewing your profile and Gigs, we’ve decided you will remain at a Level Two status for the time being. While maintaining the high standards required for this status, we always encourage you to grow and improve. Your account will be evaluated on the 15th of each month, so you can continue on working hard towards earning a promotion. Here are a few things you can do, to better collaborate with buyers an…

Thanks! It’s helpful to see communication on this from Fiverr. It seems like those are basic things everyone has to do to maintain level 2 status, though. Surely, most people already meet those criteria when they are nominated? Maybe I’m wrong, but I feel like there must be more to it.

Guest offlinehelpers

Thanks! It’s helpful to see communication on this from Fiverr. It seems like those are basic things everyone has to do to maintain level 2 status, though. Surely, most people already meet those criteria when they are nominated? Maybe I’m wrong, but I feel like there must be more to it.

I feel like there must be more to it.

That’s the mystery! 😉

I think that will be helpful for you

Hi sajedulshawon1,
After reviewing your profile and Gigs, we’ve decided you will remain at a Level Two status for the time being.

While maintaining the high standards required for this status, we always encourage you to grow and improve. Your account will be evaluated on the 15th of each month, so you can continue on working hard towards earning a promotion.

Here are a few things you can do, to better collaborate with buyers and improve your stats:

1. Review your Gig to make sure it’s accurate, and that you’re offering things you can deliver at a high quality.

2. Make sure you offer only one Gig per unique service. Duplicating your Gig is misleading and won’t benefit your business.

3. Review your pricing and make sure it’s aligned with your offering.

4. Make sure you represent yourself and your skills accurately.

5. Communicate clearly and quickly, both when chatting in the inbox or during orders.

6. Make sure you keep our community safe by following our TOS.

Hi sajedulshawon1,

After reviewing your profile and Gigs, we’ve decided you will remain at a Level Two status for the time being.

While maintaining the high standards required for this status, we always encourage you to grow and improve. Your account will be evaluated on the 15th of each month, so you can continue on working hard towards earning a promotion.

Here are a few things you can do, to better collaborate with buyers and improve your stats:

1. Review your Gig to make sure it’s accurate, and that you’re offering things you can deliver at a high quality.

2. Make sure you offer only one Gig per unique service. Duplicating your Gig is misleading and won’t benefit your business.

5. Communicate clearly and quickly, both when chatting in the inbox or during orders.

• Review your Gig to make sure it’s accurate, and that you’re offering things you can deliver at a high quality.

• Make sure you offer only one Gig per unique service. Duplicating your Gig is misleading and won’t benefit your business.

• Review your pricing and make sure it’s aligned with your offering.

• Make sure you represent yourself and your skills accurately.

• Communicate clearly and quickly, both when chatting in the inbox or during orders.

• Make sure you keep our community safe by following our TOS.

Were you able to make any improvements based on these suggestions?

• Review your Gig to make sure it’s accurate, and that you’re offering things you can deliver at a high quality.

• Make sure you offer only one Gig per unique service. Duplicating your Gig is misleading and won’t benefit your business.

• Communicate clearly and quickly, both when chatting in the inbox or during orders.

Were you able to make any improvements based on these suggestions?

I don’t know why you didn’t get the TRS status, but some of those recommendations might be useful for you as well

Offer one gig per unique service. Too similar?

https://www.fiverr.com/adrover/write-a-persuasive-business-letter-or-sales-pitch

https://www.fiverr.com/adrover/be-your-favorite-sales-pitch-writer

Review pricing.

Your SEO gig has a standard package. If you cut the delivery time to 2 days then it’s $50 extra.

However, if you cut your premium gig’s delivery time to 2 days it’s also $50. On other gigs when you reduce the time you double the amount.

You can price it how you see fit, but it is inconsistent from customer’s POV.

They probably also look at the communication during the order. This is something that only you know but maybe there’s in improvement there. Confirming when you’ve received the order with the requirements. Keeping your clients updated if there’s a change or when you’re running late. Thanking clients and letting them know what happens once you deliver the order.

I’m just listing a few things here, but you know what you do and what you don’t do.

I don’t know why you didn’t get the TRS status, but some of those recommendations might be useful for you as well

Offer one gig per unique service. Too similar?

https://www.fiverr.com/adrover/write-a-persuasive-business-letter-or-sales-pitch

https://www.fiverr.com/adrover/be-your-favorite-sales-pitch-writer

Review pricing.

Your SEO gig has a standard package. If you cut the delivery time to 2 days then it’s $50 extra.

However, if you cut your premium gig’s delivery time to 2 days it’s also $50. On other gigs when you reduce the time you double the amount.

You can price it how you see fit, but it is inconsistent from customer’s POV.

They probably also look at the communication during the order. This is something that only you know but maybe there’s in improvement there. Confirming when you’ve received the order with the requirements. Keeping your clients updated if there’s a change or when you’re running late. Thanking clients and letting them know what happens once you deliver the order.

I’m just listing a few things here, but you know what you do and what you don’t do.

I’m not eligible for TRS yet (still 5K away from that 20K mark), but I appreciate your suggestions! Cleaning up my gigs a bit is definitely on my to-do list. Thanks for pointing out the discrepancy with express delivery pricing.

The thing about the stats is that they do not seem that important as long as you are above the required levels. Mine were worse than they had been in the previous month when I got the badge.

I think earnings is a large part of it, or at least that is what I have gauged from those who have got it recently. Possibly average sale price too, repeat clients, conversion rates etc - all these things are good for Fiverr and measured by Fiverr, so it would make SENSE for these to be included.
Bringing people to Fiverr could also be a positive too.

Regarding community leadership - I actually don’t think this really counts for much any more. When Fiverr started, it was vital to have community leaders as it was a small company which needed exposure. While in my case, being a mod could probably be considered Community Leadership, frankly, I don’t see any sign of this requirement in many of the new TRS sellers. It definitely does not mean anything about “posting lots on the forum” but of course, being on the forum is good for other reasons such as being informed, being part of a community and all that entails, etc.

Overall, with so many people being nominated, I simply cant see everyone getting manually checked. Instead, I would say there are probably “cut-offs” that are machine checked and that removes, for example, those who earned $100 that month so the staff don’t have to check the other aspects of that person.

Your profile and gigs are fantastic. I think the only thing you can do is to improve your services as much as you can. You know, overdelivering and making your customers happy.

Of course there is much more to it and I am sure they are checking out multiple stats, but they all gravitate around the question “how much does your clients enjoy your work?”

I believe that if you focus about delivering exceptional quality, everything else will fall into place, since the gig descriptions and your services are on point. Good luck with it! 🙂

I had pondered this same question quite a lot and contacted support numerous times, but every time I received the same reply that selection for TRS is subjective and manual from their editorial team.

FYI, I have been on Fiverr from 2011 and have a pretty good profile and income whereas people who joined later don’t have as good as I do, but they are TRS. We have the same gigs, offer the same service, they joined later, have lesser feedback and overall less profile rating, but again they are TRS and I am not.

Anyway, what I wanted to say is don’t get your hopes up if you don’t become TRS. I lost mine long time ago and I don’t even pay attention to nomination anymore since everything is the same as before. There are rules for being nominated for TRS, but the decisions who becomes top rated seller is still subjective by editorial team.

I too would love to be a TRS, but I learned my lesson(s). Nonetheless, I am extremely grateful for Fiverr (and other online sites) for being able to show my skills, develop new ones and meet really wonderful clients. Work hard, set yourself goals you want to achieve on and off Fiverr and take it easy. One day at the time 🙂

The thing about the stats is that they do not seem that important as long as you are above the required levels. Mine were worse than they had been in the previous month when I got the badge.

I think earnings is a large part of it, or at least that is what I have gauged from those who have got it recently. Possibly average sale price too, repeat clients, conversion rates etc - all these things are good for Fiverr and measured by Fiverr, so it would make SENSE for these to be included.

Bringing people to Fiverr could also be a positive too.

Regarding community leadership - I actually don’t think this really counts for much any more. When Fiverr started, it was vital to have community leaders as it was a small company which needed exposure. While in my case, being a mod could probably be considered Community Leadership, frankly, I don’t see any sign of this requirement in many of the new TRS sellers. It definitely does not mean anything about “posting lots on the forum” but of course, being on the forum is good for other reasons such as being informed, being part of a community and all that entails, etc.

Overall, with so many people being nominated, I simply cant see everyone getting manually checked. Instead, I would say there are probably “cut-offs” that are machine checked and that removes, for example, those who earned $100 that month so the staff don’t have to check the other aspects of that person.

It’s the second month I was nominated and not chosen. I really want to know what they are looking for because they send the same bland “these are things to make sure you have” messages after they tell you they’ll keep you at level 2. If I could just know exactly why I’m not being chosen I’d feel so much better. I worked so hard to get here now I feel stuck! :woman_facepalming:

I’ve been nominated for TRS 5 times this year, every 15th. And I receive the same message that someone posted above after I’m not selected…

I had my hopes up the first and the second time I recived the notification they’re considering promoting me. I since learned not to put much thought into it.

The funny thing is, I often get clients that come to me after they receive subpar work from top rated sellers 🙂

At the end of the day it’s just a badge. To me it doesn’t mean much. I suggest you stop worrying about it. It will happen when it happens! 😄

Your profile and gigs are fantastic. I think the only thing you can do is to improve your services as much as you can. You know, overdelivering and making your customers happy.

Of course there is much more to it and I am sure they are checking out multiple stats, but they all gravitate around the question “how much does your clients enjoy your work?”

I believe that if you focus about delivering exceptional quality, everything else will fall into place, since the gig descriptions and your services are on point. Good luck with it! 🙂

Your profile and gigs are fantastic.

Thank you! 🙂

Hi sajedulshawon1,

It seems the reasons given for not choosing people for TRS are quite basic. For those who have been passed over for TRS, do you feel that you met all the requirements, or were their suggestions useful?

—I feel like it would be pretty hard to have enough success to be nominated for TRS if you weren’t already doing this.

—Okay, this is probably a somewhat common mistake, but it’s easily fixed.

—If the pricing wasn’t aligned with what you’re offering, you probably wouldn’t get $20K in sales. Or if you did, it would take years to do so.

—Again, I would think that people who are not representing themselves truthfully would have disappointed customers, and wouldn’t qualify to be nominated in the first place.

—Just how quick and clear communication needs to be could be debated, but if you’re a level 2 seller and have the stats to qualify for TRS, your communication is probably good enough to make you successful. Whether this is good enough for Fiverr, I don’t know.

—I would hope that It would be hard to get to the point of being nominated if you were breaking the TOS, seeing as there are serious consequences for doing so.

If these really are the only qualifications, I think I’m golden! Unless they want a quicker response rate than what I currently have (2 hours). I feel like that’s a reasonable average response rate, since I have to sleep, do my clients’ work, and do other things. But who knows lol

It seems the reasons given for not choosing people for TRS are quite basic. For those who have been passed over for TRS, do you feel that you met all the requirements, or were their suggestions useful?

—I feel like it would be pretty hard to have enough success to be nominated for TRS if you weren’t already doing this.

—If the pricing wasn’t aligned with what you’re offering, you probably wouldn’t get $20K in sales. Or if you did, it would take years to do so.

—Again, I would think that people who are not representing themselves truthfully would have disappointed customers, and wouldn’t qualify to be nominated in the first place.

—Just how quick and clear communication needs to be could be debated, but if you’re a level 2 seller and have the stats to qualify for TRS, your communication is probably good enough to make you successful. Whether this is good enough for Fiverr, I don’t know.

—I would hope that It would be hard to get to the point of being nominated if you were breaking the TOS, seeing as there are serious consequences for doing so.

If these really are the only qualifications, I think I’m golden! Unless they want a quicker response rate than what I currently have (2 hours). I feel like that’s a reasonable average response rate, since I have to sleep, do my clients’ work, and do other things. But who knows lol

I feel that many sellers are level two who have one or more things in that list that are not quite right. In particular, there are a lot who have two or more similar gigs. There are also many who could be pricing their gigs higher who don’t.

I’ve been nominated for TRS every month so far and, alas, still no shiny gold badge. I double-checked my gigs against all of the above-mentioned criteria in January (the first time I received the email) and I couldn’t see anything that I could improve upon based on the list.

I have continued to receive that exact same email every month since. Please let me know if you figure out the secret! 😊

I’ve been nominated for TRS every month so far and, alas, still no shiny gold badge. I double-checked my gigs against all of the above-mentioned criteria in January (the first time I received the email) and I couldn’t see anything that I could improve upon based on the list.

I have continued to receive that exact same email every month since. Please let me know if you figure out the secret! 😊

I feel that many sellers are level two who have one or more things in that list that are not quite right. In particular, there are a lot who have two or more similar gigs. There are also many who could be pricing their gigs higher who don’t.

There are also many who could be pricing their gigs higher who don’t.

Interesting. I hadn’t considered that.

I expect that within the next few months, I will meet the criteria to be nominated for Top Rated Seller (TRS) status! However, I know that not everyone who is nominated actually becomes a TRS. Obviously, good customer service is part of the selection criteria, but other than that, it seems that it’s a big secret. There are rumors that “community leadership” is one necessity, but what this means and if it’s actually true are unclear. So…can anyone shine a light on the criteria to be chosen as a TRS?

There are rumors that “community leadership” is one necessity

Lol I’ve seen many sellers who have never stepped foot into the Fiverr forrums get selected as TRS. It’s really up to Fiverr. If you have “original” ideas (ideas that not many sellers provide) then you have a pretty good chance of getting TRS.

Archived