Don't you think, Fiverr loosing sellers due to level decrease strategy?

Oh come on! A higher level? Really?

Yes. Really. Some people deliver late, some don’t. Some have great customer communication skills, some suck. You really want to make the point that there are no quality levels discernible between different sellers?

If my quality was so bad, why did Fiverr promote me to TRS long ago? Why didn’t they demote me before the level systems? The only thing I’ve changed is my customer service, that’s it.

You mean before they actually started measuring the performance? The metrics were put in place to make sure they were rewarding the proper people based on what they delivered. Just because you had TRS prior to any measurement of such, does not take away from the fact that when they started measuring, they decided you no longer met the criteria. And that was with a 2 month warning!

A Godiva chocolate can be delicious, but the same can be said for cheap chocolates.

Yes. I did not say that a KIa would not get you to work, but if you are seriously saying that there are no quality differences between a $12,000 Kia and a $130,000 S class Mercedes, then you have either never been in an S class Mercedes, or I believe are just arguing for the sake of arguing.

Yes an $8 bottle of whiskey will get you buzzed, but you can’t tell me that there is no quality difference between it and a premium single malt scotch at $160.

Or we can compare the steak you get at Denny’s for 8.99 with the $55 rib eye at Ruth’s Chris. Or how about the motel room on the highway for $21.99 a night as compared to the $350 a night room at the Waldorf. No difference, right?

The metrics were put in place to make sure they were rewarding the proper people based on what they delivered.

Are you saying Fiverr had no way to measure people before the level systems? That’s ridiculous. Fiverr knows everything, who’s selling, for how much, how often, etc. Fiverr promoted people to TRS for a long time before the level racket.

And that was with a 2 month warning!

The two months warning isn’t worth a damn if you keep delivering orders and your 4.7 doesn’t go up a bit. It took months for my 4.7 to become a 5.0, now 4.8 thanks to 2 bad reviews.

The system doesn’t work! Today I woke up with 89% order completion rate even though I haven’t given any refunds!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The metrics were put in place to make sure they were rewarding the proper people based on what they delivered.

Are you saying Fiverr had no way to measure people before the level systems? That’s ridiculous. Fiverr knows everything, who’s selling, for how much, how often, etc. Fiverr promoted people to TRS for a long time before the level racket.

And that was with a 2 month warning!

The two months warning isn’t worth a damn if you keep delivering orders and your 4.7 doesn’t go up a bit. It took months for my 4.7 to become a 5.0, now 4.8 thanks to 2 bad reviews.

The system doesn’t work! Today I woke up with 89% order completion rate even though I haven’t given any refunds!

Are you saying Fiverr had no way to measure people before the level systems? That’s ridiculous

No, I am saying that they were not applying any rewards or consequences to sellers based on them. Not ridiculous. Very easy to understand actually.

The system doesn’t work!

It actually does. You are running a race. Just because there are those faster than you does not mean that the stopwatch does not work.

Are you saying Fiverr had no way to measure people before the level systems? That’s ridiculous

No, I am saying that they were not applying any rewards or consequences to sellers based on them. Not ridiculous. Very easy to understand actually.

The system doesn’t work!

It actually does. You are running a race. Just because there are those faster than you does not mean that the stopwatch does not work.

I’m running a race? Really? I got his letter from Fiverr today:

Hi fastcopywriter,

After reviewing your profile and Gigs, we’ve decided you will remain at a Level Two status for the time being.

While maintaining the high standards required for this status, we always encourage you to grow and improve. Your account will be evaluated on the 15th of each month, so you can continue on working hard towards earning a promotion.

Here are a few things you can do, to better collaborate with buyers and improve your stats:

1. Review your Gig to make sure it’s accurate, and that you’re offering things you can deliver at a high quality.

2. Make sure you offer only one Gig per unique service. Duplicating your Gig is misleading and won’t benefit your business.

3. Review your pricing and make sure it’s aligned with your offering.

4. Make sure you represent yourself and your skills accurately.

5. Communicate clearly and quickly, both when chatting in the inbox or during orders.

6. Make sure you keep our community safe by following our TOS.

For more information, please view your stats or contact our customer support team.

Good luck,

The Fiverr Team

It doesn’t mention anything about a race, there’s no

1. Other sellers are better than you, that’s why we’re not promoting you to TRS.

I’m running a race? Really? I got his letter from Fiverr today:

Hi fastcopywriter,

After reviewing your profile and Gigs, we’ve decided you will remain at a Level Two status for the time being.

While maintaining the high standards required for this status, we always encourage you to grow and improve. Your account will be evaluated on the 15th of each month, so you can continue on working hard towards earning a promotion.

Here are a few things you can do, to better collaborate with buyers and improve your stats:

1. Review your Gig to make sure it’s accurate, and that you’re offering things you can deliver at a high quality.

2. Make sure you offer only one Gig per unique service. Duplicating your Gig is misleading and won’t benefit your business.

3. Review your pricing and make sure it’s aligned with your offering.

4. Make sure you represent yourself and your skills accurately.

5. Communicate clearly and quickly, both when chatting in the inbox or during orders.

6. Make sure you keep our community safe by following our TOS.

For more information, please view your stats or contact our customer support team.

Good luck,

The Fiverr Team

It doesn’t mention anything about a race, there’s no

1. Other sellers are better than you, that’s why we’re not promoting you to TRS.

Other sellers are better than you, that’s why we’re not promoting you to TRS.

I guess that is just implied. At least they gave you some suggestions.

Other sellers are better than you, that’s why we’re not promoting you to TRS.

What good are those suggestions if they’re not based on my actual gigs? It would be better to simply write.

“Dear FastCopywriter, we regret to inform you that we will not be promoting you to Top Rated Seller.”

Why give reasons if they’re the same reasons everyone else is getting? I find it insulting, and if I’m such a terrible seller, then why is my brand name gig on the first row of the search results?

What good are those suggestions if they’re not based on my actual gigs? It would be better to simply write.

“Dear FastCopywriter, we regret to inform you that we will not be promoting you to Top Rated Seller.”

Why give reasons if they’re the same reasons everyone else is getting? I find it insulting, and if I’m such a terrible seller, then why is my brand name gig on the first row of the search results?

I’m such a terrible seller, then why is my brand name gig on the first row of the search results?

I don’t believe anyone called you a terrible seller. But your question does beg another, then if you are such a great seller, why can’t you maintain the standards that lots of other sellers do. You posed the question. No H8

I also feel compelled to point out that you have gotten stuck on the #2 stage of grief, anger. By now you should have moved on to bargaining, depression and acceptance. Even ********** didn’t drag on this long.

Mod Note: edited due to mention sensitive event.

I’m such a terrible seller, then why is my brand name gig on the first row of the search results?

I don’t believe anyone called you a terrible seller. But your question does beg another, then if you are such a great seller, why can’t you maintain the standards that lots of other sellers do. You posed the question. No H8

I also feel compelled to point out that you have gotten stuck on the #2 stage of grief, anger. By now you should have moved on to bargaining, depression and acceptance. Even ********** didn’t drag on this long.

Even*************** didn’t drag on this long.

You’re far from a terrible seller and I want make it clear first that I understand your frustration. I haven’t been demoted personally but accounts I read on the forum, along with the information I have about the new level system is less than promising. The old system had flaws, and this new system helped some of them, but magnified others. It’s a point of frustration because it seems like all the magnified flaws are those that hurt sellers.

With that being said, you do come off a bit bitter. I can’t say I wouldn’t be if I was TRS and got demoted due to a new system I’m not fond of. But the fact of the matter is there IS a clear cut difference between sellers who survive in the level system, and those who don’t. Not all sellers who maintain their level are good. Not all who don’t maintain their level are bad. But the system is good at weeding out most of the bad apples. There is a difference between a Kia and a Mercedes. There is a valid reason that the level system is what it is.

Mod Note: quoted text edited.

why can’t you maintain the standards that lots of other sellers do.

If I couldn’t maintain the standards, I would have been demoted. My order completion rate fell after I was kept on the same level.

By now you should have moved on to bargaining, depression and acceptance

Yes, eventually I supposed I will just jack up my prices and stop caring if I get orders or not, but I’m not there yet.

I think the reason that they hold out the hope to level two sellers to get TRS each month is so they don’t slack off, thinking they have reached the top. It’s like an emotional cattle prod.

It’s manipulation, getting our hopes up only to crush them. Why bother? This is how they put it:

“Achieve these goals to be nominated for a Top Rated Seller.”

Is anyone nominating anyone? Promotion to TRS should be automatic as this point. If demotion is automatic, why not promotion?

why can’t you maintain the standards that lots of other sellers do.

If I couldn’t maintain the standards, I would have been demoted. My order completion rate fell after I was kept on the same level.

By now you should have moved on to bargaining, depression and acceptance

Yes, eventually I supposed I will just jack up my prices and stop caring if I get orders or not, but I’m not there yet.

I think the reason that they hold out the hope to level two sellers to get TRS each month is so they don’t slack off, thinking they have reached the top. It’s like an emotional cattle prod.

It’s manipulation, getting our hopes up only to crush them. Why bother? This is how they put it:

“Achieve these goals to be nominated for a Top Rated Seller.”

Is anyone nominating anyone? Promotion to TRS should be automatic as this point. If demotion is automatic, why not promotion?

It’s manipulation, getting our hopes up only to crush them.

Only if you misconstrue the meaning of “manipulation” so as to say that the NFL manipulates the teams by awarding Superbowl rings only to the team that actually wins the Superbowl.

It’s manipulation, getting our hopes up only to crush them.

Only if you misconstrue the meaning of “manipulation” so as to say that the NFL manipulates the teams by awarding Superbowl rings only to the team that actually wins the Superbowl.

Fiverr isn’t a football game where there’s a winner and a loser. Who gets to be TRS is 100% subjective, 100% chosen by Fiverr. That’s why I’m calling it manipulation because every level 2 gets told he’s been nominated to TRS, some have already been nominated 5 times and they never get it.

The old Fiverr was better. I woke up one morning and got a “Congratulations, you are now a Top Rated Seller, etc, etc, etc.” That’s better than getting our hopes up with fake nominations.

I got sick a few month ago, and had a few deliveries late, less that a day, just a couple hours, and was dropped to level one, then my best performing gig simply disappear from the search results and then I was dropped to new seller. after 3 years of high quality work, I literally have 2 2 stars reviews due to a buyer who refused to buy the extra revisions.

I think they should consider not the past 60 days but the overall quality of a seller

I totally agree with you. Fiverr will definitely loose some of their best sellers who deliver the highest quality work at all times, however they do not care, this is so wrong but they are in charge.

I totally agree with you. Fiverr will definitely loose some of their best sellers who deliver the highest quality work at all times, however they do not care, this is so wrong but they are in charge.

Fiverr will definitely loose some of their best sellers who deliver the highest quality work at all times,

Actually, the sellers they lose will be the opposite. The non best sellers.

I am 100% certain that Fiverr’s “best sellers who deliver the highest quality work at all times” aren’t going anywhere. Please stop making up false claims to support your argument.

Fiverr isn’t a football game where there’s a winner and a loser. Who gets to be TRS is 100% subjective, 100% chosen by Fiverr. That’s why I’m calling it manipulation because every level 2 gets told he’s been nominated to TRS, some have already been nominated 5 times and they never get it.

The old Fiverr was better. I woke up one morning and got a “Congratulations, you are now a Top Rated Seller, etc, etc, etc.” That’s better than getting our hopes up with fake nominations.

Fiverr isn’t a football game where there’s a winner and a loser.

Everything in life is a competition where there are winners and losers. The losers just don’t seem to realize that the game is even on.

Fiverr will definitely loose some of their best sellers who deliver the highest quality work at all times,

Actually, the sellers they lose will be the opposite. The non best sellers.

I understand your sentiment, however I beg to disagree with you.

I am 100% certain that Fiverr’s “best sellers who deliver the highest quality work at all times” aren’t going anywhere. Please stop making up false claims to support your argument.

Jon it is okay for me to express the truth, I think some persons are afraid to speak the truth on this forum because of fear of being sidelined. I believe that the when your work speaks for itself you can speak the truth and be okay with it.

Jon it is okay for me to express the truth, I think some persons are afraid to speak the truth on this forum because of fear of being sidelined. I believe that the when your work speaks for itself you can speak the truth and be okay with it.

Jon it is okay for me to express the truth

No, you’re expressing your opinion, NOT the truth. There’s a difference.

And you have every right to, however, as @jonbaas suggested, it is another thing to add fuel to a false narrative on the forums. There are many new users here who deserve facts, not emotionally driven responses which are not anchored to facts.

And you have every right to, however, as @jonbaas suggested, it is another thing to add fuel to a false narrative on the forums. There are many new users here who deserve facts, not emotionally driven responses which are not anchored to facts.

Is there ever a time when you and Jonbass gives a seller a right or is it that Fiverr is always right?

Is there ever a time when you and Jonbass gives a seller a right or is it that Fiverr is always right?

No the metrics are always right. Pretty hard to argue with math.

Guest offlinehelpers

It’s easy when the maths isn’t right because of ‘bugs’, which is indeed happening.

Are you saying that even the TRS sellers who have been dropped to level 1 will never leave?

No, I know several like that who are still here because they are making money here.

I mean fiverr’s WORST sellers will leave. Not the best or ones who have been demoted.

Archived