Don't you think, Fiverr loosing sellers due to level decrease strategy?

I am on the verge of canceling my account. This system has serious flaws. Because my volume is fairly low my level keeps bouncing around because my response rate dips below 90% now and then.

I answer every customer promptly and answer all their questions. I even offer free samples of my work, but because customers often end conversations with “have a great day?” Or “No Problem” or other such sign offs that do not require a response Fiverr’s algorithm docks my level.

Very frustrating. But then again, what does Fiverr care about my gigs anyway since I don’t earn them a lot of money compared to much bigger gigs.

My business is growing but not on Fiverr. It is all happening on other platforms. I wish Fiverr would fix this issue.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree with you 100 %, I don’t like the new level system. ‘Fiverr’s new level system has not made my life better, doesn’t make me more money, and has no benefit as far as I can tell’. It’s a terrible way to evaluate performance, the numbers don’t seem to match, there’s something strange about all this. Things are not transparent here…

I think standard of selling will increase and people charge $5 for service which is worth $20-$30 will surely have to pack up. So, I guess atleast Fiverr by introducing level system has done great job and if you can’t maintain the requirements then you should learn how you will maintain. If you still can’t its kind of signal for such people that you should quite Fiverr if you come here to work as time pass.

I guess we should appericiate that Fiverr is atleast doing some new things.

I am on the verge of canceling my account. This system has serious flaws. Because my volume is fairly low my level keeps bouncing around because my response rate dips below 90% now and then.

I answer every customer promptly and answer all their questions. I even offer free samples of my work, but because customers often end conversations with “have a great day?” Or “No Problem” or other such sign offs that do not require a response Fiverr’s algorithm docks my level.

Very frustrating. But then again, what does Fiverr care about my gigs anyway since I don’t earn them a lot of money compared to much bigger gigs.

My business is growing but not on Fiverr. It is all happening on other platforms. I wish Fiverr would fix this issue.

customers often end conversations with “have a great day?” Or “No Problem” or other such sign offs that do not require a response Fiverr’s algorithm docks my level.

Response rate is not calculated on every message, only the first one. You might wish to double check your messages and if you’re sure you responded to every first message within 24h then conatct CS.

customers often end conversations with “have a great day?” Or “No Problem” or other such sign offs that do not require a response Fiverr’s algorithm docks my level.

Response rate is not calculated on every message, only the first one. You might wish to double check your messages and if you’re sure you responded to every first message within 24h then conatct CS.

I have and all responses are less than 24 hrs.

I think standard of selling will increase and people charge $5 for service which is worth $20-$30 will surely have to pack up. So, I guess atleast Fiverr by introducing level system has done great job and if you can’t maintain the requirements then you should learn how you will maintain. If you still can’t its kind of signal for such people that you should quite Fiverr if you come here to work as time pass.

I guess we should appericiate that Fiverr is atleast doing some new things.

New things are great but dumb things are not. My customers will attest to the quality and service I provide…

New things are great but dumb things are not. My customers will attest to the quality and service I provide…

Nothing is dumb when a changes happens it takes time and every change at the start can’t be perfect with time if there are things that are cause of worry Fiverr will surely tackle those.

24h response time requirement is reasonable and for most sellers it works just fine.

If there’s a technical glitch then that needs to be addressed separately with the help of CS.

I found the problem. Two past clients of mine sent me messages notifying me that they were attributing my past work on their projects. Since they were recontacting me outside of our original conversation, Fiverr logged these as first time messages, but due to their nature I did not reply within 24 hours since they were neither questions nor clarifications on current work.

OK, lesson learned, say thinks right away.

Nothing is dumb when a changes happens it takes time and every change at the start can’t be perfect with time if there are things that are cause of worry Fiverr will surely tackle those.

As I posted below, I found out what the problem was. I produce music for clients and two of them from over a year ago messaged me to tell me that they were attributing my work on their projects and where I could go to here their finished work.

Since these were not currently business related and they were just notifying me I did not respond within 24 hours.

Lesson: Thank people promptly.

I found the problem. Two past clients of mine sent me messages notifying me that they were attributing my past work on their projects. Since they were recontacting me outside of our original conversation, Fiverr logged these as first time messages, but due to their nature I did not reply within 24 hours since they were neither questions nor clarifications on current work.

OK, lesson learned, say thinks right away.

nce they were recontacting me outside of our original conversation, Fiverr logged these as first time messages, but due to their nature I did not reply within 24 hours sinc

Fiverr Support told me that any kind of reply will never count. So if the buyer sends the 1st message, then you have 24h ro reply, then after that conversation, let say 2 months go by. If the buyer contact you again, it count as reply and not 1st message. At least thats why support told me! Dunno if the support guy knows his stuff.

nce they were recontacting me outside of our original conversation, Fiverr logged these as first time messages, but due to their nature I did not reply within 24 hours sinc

Fiverr Support told me that any kind of reply will never count. So if the buyer sends the 1st message, then you have 24h ro reply, then after that conversation, let say 2 months go by. If the buyer contact you again, it count as reply and not 1st message. At least thats why support told me! Dunno if the support guy knows his stuff.

Dunno if the support guy knows his stuff.

It depends on whether they comment on the old thread, or fire off a new one. New thread needs one initial response.

The level system was due to sellers not delivering on time, or cancelling too much, or not answering messages promptly. It is a shame that it was needed. The whole reason for the levels system is to try to force sellers to do what they should be doing.

From fiverr’s point of view, they are bringing us paying customers and we are doing things that make those customers end up with a cancelled sale, or no response to questions, so they become discouraged.

How would you feel if you GAVE someone a dozen customers ready to buy what you are selling every week, and they didn’t even respond to them, or somehow ended up cancelling their sale?

I think. Fiverr level system is fine.

I’m agree with you. @misscrystal

How would you feel if you GAVE someone a dozen customers ready to buy what you are selling every week, and they didn’t even respond to them, or somehow ended up cancelling their sale?

It is the best example. 🙂

I keep hearing that, but demoted people are making less money than before, which means Fiverr makes less money.

Wrong. The money just moves to the sellers who can deliver on a higher level. At the end of the day, fiverr doesn’t care who makes the sale… 20% is 20%. But the platform is stronger if buyers who don’t have late delivery or poor quality issues deliver more sales than the ones who can’t manage their metrics. Fewer complaints, fewer cancels, and a better chance of return business.

No! The level system isn’t about money, it’s about QUALITY

You don’t understand the relationship between quality and price?

BMW 7 series $125,000

Kia Rio $13,900

Wrong. The money just moves to the sellers who can deliver on a higher level.

Oh come on! A higher level? Really? Look at who won Eurovision! Some woman that makes chicken noises and sang a song that in my opinion, was horrible, yet in the opinion of the judges and public, was great. Did she perform at a higher level?

If my quality was so bad, why did Fiverr promote me to TRS long ago? Why didn’t they demote me before the level systems? The only thing I’ve changed is my customer service, that’s it.

“You don’t understand the relationship between quality and price?”

That is an assumption. A Godiva chocolate can be delicious, but the same can be said for cheap chocolates. Sometimes I like a Hershey bar a lot more than those fancy truffles with the beautiful box. The same goes for shampoo, some people pay $100 for shampoo yet you can find great shampoo under $20.

Besides, I’m willing to bet that if we hired a popular seller that charges $10 to make a logo, and then another seller who charges $500, the quality would be similar. It is a myth that before a seller charges more his work is better.

I’ve had a much better experience with Fiverr when I raised my prices high enough to scare away a fair amount of users.

Would you say you’re making more money or making the same money but working a lot less?

She didnt win because of the music itself or her voice. She won because of what she was representing: Diversity

And in a global cultural world that is more and more diverse, and with more acceptance to differences and cultural differences… well… thats how she got the prize.

So, we can’t look at eurovision as a music content, because it isnt.

Oh come on! A higher level? Really? Look at who won Eurovision! Some woman that makes chicken noises and sang a song that in my opinion, was horrible, yet in the opinion of the judges and public, was great. Did she perform at a higher level?

If my quality was so bad, why did Fiverr promote me to TRS long ago? Why didn’t they demote me before the level systems? The only thing I’ve changed is my customer service, that’s it.

That is an assumption. A Godiva chocolate can be delicious, but the same can be said for cheap chocolates. Sometimes I like a Hershey bar a lot more than those fancy truffles with the beautiful box. The same goes for shampoo, some people pay $100 for shampoo yet you can find great shampoo under $20.

Besides, I’m willing to bet that if we hired a popular seller that charges $10 to make a logo, and then another seller who charges $500, the quality would be similar. It is a myth that before a seller charges more his work is better.

I’ve had a much better experience with Fiverr when I raised my prices high enough to scare away a fair amount of users.

Would you say you’re making more money or making the same money but working a lot less?

Oh come on! A higher level? Really?

Yes. Really. Some people deliver late, some don’t. Some have great customer communication skills, some suck. You really want to make the point that there are no quality levels discernible between different sellers?

You mean before they actually started measuring the performance? The metrics were put in place to make sure they were rewarding the proper people based on what they delivered. Just because you had TRS prior to any measurement of such, does not take away from the fact that when they started measuring, they decided you no longer met the criteria. And that was with a 2 month warning!

A Godiva chocolate can be delicious, but the same can be said for cheap chocolates.

Yes. I did not say that a KIa would not get you to work, but if you are seriously saying that there are no quality differences between a $12,000 Kia and a $130,000 S class Mercedes, then you have either never been in an S class Mercedes, or I believe are just arguing for the sake of arguing.

Yes an $8 bottle of whiskey will get you buzzed, but you can’t tell me that there is no quality difference between it and a premium single malt scotch at $160.

Or we can compare the steak you get at Denny’s for 8.99 with the $55 rib eye at Ruth’s Chris. Or how about the motel room on the highway for $21.99 a night as compared to the $350 a night room at the Waldorf. No difference, right?

I think you ought to have activated “Out of office mode”, or even paused your gigs, that would have saved you the stress.

yes, once you know you are not available for work, just de-active your gig or put on vacation mode, when available back then off it…simple as that.

Slightly more money, more consistently, working a lot less. Working 30%-50% of the amount of time I did before. And less stress because I’m meeting deadlines and being respected by the people I am working with.

Slightly more money, more consistently, working a lot less. Working 30%-50% of the amount of time I did before. And less stress because I’m meeting deadlines and being respected by the people I am working with.

Slightly more money, more consistently, working a lot less. Working 30%-50% of the amount of time I did before

That’s outstanding. There is a huge difference in taking 2 hours to earn $100 vs 8 hours. Good for you!

Archived