Don't you think, Fiverr loosing sellers due to level decrease strategy?

Fiverr Basically want more jobs to be done in short period of time.

If we (sellers) are not responding on time or delivery is not on time or cancelling. it is like wasting time of buyer and thus loosing revenue.

But the bad thing is only the GIG with higher sales are displayed of the first page, with some without a level but more sales

But the bad thing is only the GIG with higher sales are displayed of the first page, with some without a level but more sales

I guess I don’t see how this is a bad thing. Fiverr makes money when sellers make money, therefore, it makes perfect sense for the search algorithm to feature gigs at the top of search results that are extremely profitable. Fiverr is a business. Businesses exist to make money. Sellers that promote their gigs, bring in sales, connect with their customers, deliver quality work, and have consistent high-value sales, are the kind of profit-driven options any business would want to promote.

Advice: If you want to bring in more profit, and build a reputation as a profitable gig that Fiverr should look favorably on… raise your prices. You have the ability to manage your gigs in a way that make them successful. Make them successful. 🙂

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess I don’t see how this is a bad thing. Fiverr makes money when sellers make money, therefore, it makes perfect sense for the search algorithm to feature gigs at the top of search results that are extremely profitable. Fiverr is a business. Businesses exist to make money. Sellers that promote their gigs, bring in sales, connect with their customers, deliver quality work, and have consistent high-value sales, are the kind of profit-driven options any business would want to promote.

Advice: If you want to bring in more profit, and build a reputation as a profitable gig that Fiverr should look favorably on… raise your prices. You have the ability to manage your gigs in a way that make them successful. Make them successful. 🙂

Fiverr is a business. Businesses exist to make money.

Jon, I am honestly amazed at how many people we have to say this to. There really seems to be a bunch of folks who think that this is a place where you show up and you get assigned a chunk of work, like a job. I wish everyone would realize that it is more like your own food truck. Stay home and watch Judge Judy, you go under. Work hard and market yourself, and make money.

Fiverr is a business. Businesses exist to make money.

Jon, I am honestly amazed at how many people we have to say this to. There really seems to be a bunch of folks who think that this is a place where you show up and you get assigned a chunk of work, like a job. I wish everyone would realize that it is more like your own food truck. Stay home and watch Judge Judy, you go under. Work hard and market yourself, and make money.

Stay home and watch Judge Judy, you go under. Work hard and market yourself, and make money.

I wonder how many people sit watching re-runs of Ramsay’s Kitchen Nightmares and laugh at how inept the business owners are then come to the forum to complain that they have no sales.

I propose a “Jon and Mike’s Fiverr Nightmares” show be created by Fiverr where the guys go assist a seller and swear profusely at them when they don’t do any of the basics of business and can’t understand why they dont sell anything.

Stay home and watch Judge Judy, you go under. Work hard and market yourself, and make money.

I wonder how many people sit watching re-runs of Ramsay’s Kitchen Nightmares and laugh at how inept the business owners are then come to the forum to complain that they have no sales.

I propose a “Jon and Mike’s Fiverr Nightmares” show be created by Fiverr where the guys go assist a seller and swear profusely at them when they don’t do any of the basics of business and can’t understand why they dont sell anything.

I’m in as long as once in a while I get to yell “RAW” and throw a plate of fish at someone.

I didn’t put any of my gig to vacations neither my response rate crossed more than 2 hours. i did more than 125 projects and there were 108 rated but as my level decreased my rated projects reduced to 99 and only 99 reviews are available there. This may lead me to leave this platform soon because im a certified developer programmer, video grapher, chess player teacher and Graphic designer, i have team of actors for commercials and still i can’t see my worth here. This is really discouraging strategy for my kind of people.

This may lead me to leave this platform

Maybe you’d do better with higher prices? Higher prices means less orders, less orders means less problems. Just make sure you have the Fiverr app to respond right away. If you don’t need Fiverr, you’re free to experiment more than those of us who do need it to pay our bills.

> Fiverr is a business. Businesses exist to make money.

I keep hearing that, but demoted people are making less money than before, which means Fiverr makes less money.

No! The level system isn’t about money, it’s about QUALITY based on subjective metrics with no appeal. If it was about money, then demotions would be for failure to meet certain financial goals.

“Sorry, we expect every TRS to make $2,000 a month, since you failed to do that, you are now demoted to level 2.” I would still hate that system, but at least then you can say that Fiverr is trying to make money.

Why are chefs often such rageaholics…

Some Chefs see themselves as brilliant artistes, geniuses who should never be criticized. A humbler chef aims for customer satisfaction and leaves his ego at the door. Either way, as a fan of Hell’s Kitchen, I have no desire to ever work in a kitchen or for Gordon Ramsey. He’s a HUGE perfectionist, he’ll throw the food in the garbage if it’s not up to his standards.

Maybe you’d do better with higher prices? Higher prices means less orders, less orders means less problems. Just make sure you have the Fiverr app to respond right away. If you don’t need Fiverr, you’re free to experiment more than those of us who do need it to pay our bills.

I keep hearing that, but demoted people are making less money than before, which means Fiverr makes less money.

No! The level system isn’t about money, it’s about QUALITY based on subjective metrics with no appeal. If it was about money, then demotions would be for failure to meet certain financial goals.

“Sorry, we expect every TRS to make $2,000 a month, since you failed to do that, you are now demoted to level 2.” I would still hate that system, but at least then you can say that Fiverr is trying to make money.

Some Chefs see themselves as brilliant artistes, geniuses who should never be criticized. A humbler chef aims for customer satisfaction and leaves his ego at the door. Either way, as a fan of Hell’s Kitchen, I have no desire to ever work in a kitchen or for Gordon Ramsey. He’s a HUGE perfectionist, he’ll throw the food in the garbage if it’s not up to his standards.

Wrong. The money just moves to the sellers who can deliver on a higher level. At the end of the day, fiverr doesn’t care who makes the sale… 20% is 20%. But the platform is stronger if buyers who don’t have late delivery or poor quality issues deliver more sales than the ones who can’t manage their metrics. Fewer complaints, fewer cancels, and a better chance of return business.

No! The level system isn’t about money, it’s about QUALITY

You don’t understand the relationship between quality and price?

BMW 7 series $125,000

Kia Rio $13,900

Maybe you’d do better with higher prices? Higher prices means less orders, less orders means less problems.

This. I’ve had a much better experience with Fiverr when I raised my prices high enough to scare away a fair amount of users. I have some of the highest prices in my category but the quality of my work means I still get orders. Just not as many. And with less orders, I can take my time and do a good job and deliver on time. Which leads to people being willing to pay more.

Wrong. The money just moves to the sellers who can deliver on a higher level. At the end of the day, fiverr doesn’t care who makes the sale… 20% is 20%. But the platform is stronger if buyers who don’t have late delivery or poor quality issues deliver more sales than the ones who can’t manage their metrics. Fewer complaints, fewer cancels, and a better chance of return business.

No! The level system isn’t about money, it’s about QUALITY

You don’t understand the relationship between quality and price?

BMW 7 series $125,000

Kia Rio $13,900

My friend got a new BMW off the showroom floor and had to get rid of it in three months when it would never start and the dealership couldn’t figure out why.

I got sick a few month ago, and had a few deliveries late, less that a day, just a couple hours, and was dropped to level one, then my best performing gig simply disappear from the search results and then I was dropped to new seller. after 3 years of high quality work, I literally have 2 2 stars reviews due to a buyer who refused to buy the extra revisions.

I think they should consider not the past 60 days but the overall quality of a seller

I got sick a few month ago, and had a few deliveries late, less that a day, just a couple hours, and was dropped to level one, then my best performing gig simply disappear from the search results and then I was dropped to new seller. after 3 years of high quality work, I literally have 2 2 stars reviews due to a buyer who refused to buy the extra revisions.

I think they should consider not the past 60 days but the overall quality of a seller

I got sick a few month ago, and had a few deliveries late

I delivered an order just before the ambulance came to take me to the hospital for an emergency operation.

I got sick a few month ago, and had a few deliveries late

I delivered an order just before the ambulance came to take me to the hospital for an emergency operation.

I worked sick too, but it is hard to sit down and do graphic design when you are burning with fever and migraine. top that with pregnancy morning sickness.

I propose a “ Jon and Mike’s Fiverr Nightmares ” show be created by Fiverr where the guys go assist a seller and swear profusely at them when they don’t do any of the basics of business and can’t understand why they dont sell anything.

That’s a fascinating idea, except for the fact that I am not one to swear at those who choose to be lazy. In that “entertainment” context, I don’t think I’d be all that “entertaining”. 😉

Why are chefs often such rageaholics… I saw a chef once, when someone sent back a steak and wanted it cooked more, pick it up and squeeze the juice out of it as hard as he could and throw it under the broiler.

Because the chefs on TV are told to be that way. That’s what creates conflict, draws people in, and raises the ratings. 😉

It’s all scripted. Gordon Ramsey is probably a wonderfully delightful person in real life.

Because the chefs on TV are told to be that way. That’s what creates conflict, draws people in, and raises the ratings. 😉

It’s all scripted. Gordon Ramsey is probably a wonderfully delightful person in real life.

I did read that reality shows are all scripted. The chef I worked with was like that however.

If you guys work when sick… And work more then 8h… Seriously… You’re doing something wrong.

Someone that works 8h can and normally do more then those who work 16h per day. There is a reason… And it’s easy to understand.

I worked sick, because I had pending orders, after that I went to vacation mode.

What I meant is that when I was feeling worse I didn’t even got up from bed and that is why my orders where late

Archived