Buyer fully satisfied but left 4 Star review

baimran

A 4-star review is NOT a bad review.

It is if it contributes to a feedback score of less than 4.8 on the 15th of the month. 😉

Why would this matter?

I agree that in general 4 stars isn’t bad, but with evaluations based on the figures they are, sellers are going to be concerned if they get fewer than 5 stars for every order.

It is if it contributes to a feedback score of less than 4.8 on the 15th of the month. 😉

This is why top-rated sellers tend to also be sellers with a steady flow of orders – orders with positive reviews that easily off-set, and overcome, 4-star reviews. 😉

Then how do you explain sellers with thousands of 5 star reviews?

They are the exception. We should not be held to their standards.

How are some sellers like me going to be recognized for our exceptional ratings and service if those who can’t do it are shown at the same levels? In my category there are eight of us. I know the kind of hours and effort I give to this and I doubt if many could do it.

How are some sellers like me going to be recognized for our exceptional ratings and service if those who can’t do it are shown at the same levels?

That’s a great question. I’ve met one TRS who was upset about being a level one, she had thousands of reviews, it’s ridiculous. I am glad you have kept your TRS level.

Everyone has a storefront here.

Yes, except they keep moving the storefront. It’s not like you pay rent and always stay in the same place, and the moves have nothing to do with sales. Imagine if you owned the most popular restaurant on the first floor and suddenly the landlord wants you to move to the 5th floor just because a few people complained about your business. That’s what we have now.

No an opinion is yours. When you attempt to speak for everyone on the planet as you did , that is just hot air.

I only speak for myself! If it’s not obvious to you, that’s not my problem.

This is why top-rated sellers tend to also be sellers with a steady flow of orders – orders with positive reviews that easily off-set, and overcome, 4-star reviews

Until they demote you. Nothing is forever on Fiverr. Not your placement on the rows, not the visibility of your gig, not your gig itself. If tomorrow they declare that only graphic designers that graduated from a good school can design logos, a lot of logo gigs will suffer.

How are some sellers like me going to be recognized for our exceptional ratings and service if those who can’t do it are shown at the same levels?

That’s a great question. I’ve met one TRS who was upset about being a level one, she had thousands of reviews, it’s ridiculous. I am glad you have kept your TRS level.

Everyone has a storefront here.

Yes, except they keep moving the storefront. It’s not like you pay rent and always stay in the same place, and the moves have nothing to do with sales. Imagine if you owned the most popular restaurant on the first floor and suddenly the landlord wants you to move to the 5th floor just because a few people complained about your business. That’s what we have now.

No an opinion is yours. When you attempt to speak for everyone on the planet as you did , that is just hot air.

I only speak for myself! If it’s not obvious to you, that’s not my problem.

This is why top-rated sellers tend to also be sellers with a steady flow of orders – orders with positive reviews that easily off-set, and overcome, 4-star reviews

Until they demote you. Nothing is forever on Fiverr. Not your placement on the rows, not the visibility of your gig, not your gig itself. If tomorrow they declare that only graphic designers that graduated from a good school can design logos, a lot of logo gigs will suffer.

Imagine if you owned the most popular restaurant on the first floor and suddenly the landlord wants you to move to the 5th floor just because a few people complained about your business.

And who’s fault is that? It was not the landlord who delivered late, had poor communication skills, or lousy quality. You are angry at the outcome, but not assigning the blame to the person who “earned” the bad reviews.

Imagine if you owned the most popular restaurant on the first floor and suddenly the landlord wants you to move to the 5th floor just because a few people complained about your business.

And who’s fault is that? It was not the landlord who delivered late, had poor communication skills, or lousy quality. You are angry at the outcome, but not assigning the blame to the person who “earned” the bad reviews.

So now we “earned” bad reviews? From a buyer that never ever gives 5 stars? That’s not earning it. That’s dealing with a bad buyer.

Bad buyers exist!

So now we “earned” bad reviews? From a buyer that never ever gives 5 stars? That’s not earning it. That’s dealing with a bad buyer.

Bad buyers exist!

Bad buyers exist!

Yes, and it is part of business. Some never give 5 stars, some customers shoplift, some restaurant critics love to trash a place. The world is filled with obstacles and they are things that business owners have to deal with. If your point was simply that it sucks when bad things happen, we would have no disagreement. It is that you feel that you should be somehow immune to the reality that comes with being in business.

Bad buyers do exist, but as many others here have pointed out, if you are performing well, they should be a very small fraction of your sales. For every one who refuses to give 5 stars, there are certainly hundreds who do. So the occasional 4 star or even 1 star will drop you a bit. But if you are also earning the 5 stars then you will be fine.

The real question is why are you earning enough bad reviews that the good ones are not plentiful enough to keep you afloat. That points to a routine and systemic problem. It is not one bad buyer. It is the latest one, which was the straw that broke the camel’s back.

You are correct that bad buyers exist, but so do bad sellers.

Bad buyers exist!

Yes, and it is part of business. Some never give 5 stars, some customers shoplift, some restaurant critics love to trash a place. The world is filled with obstacles and they are things that business owners have to deal with. If your point was simply that it sucks when bad things happen, we would have no disagreement. It is that you feel that you should be somehow immune to the reality that comes with being in business.

Bad buyers do exist, but as many others here have pointed out, if you are performing well, they should be a very small fraction of your sales. For every one who refuses to give 5 stars, there are certainly hundreds who do. So the occasional 4 star or even 1 star will drop you a bit. But if you are also earning the 5 stars then you will be fine.

The real question is why are you earning enough bad reviews that the good ones are not plentiful enough to keep you afloat. That points to a routine and systemic problem. It is not one bad buyer. It is the latest one, which was the straw that broke the camel’s back.

You are correct that bad buyers exist, but so do bad sellers.

Yes, and it is part of business. Some never give 5 stars, some customers shoplift, some restaurant critics love to trash a place. The world is filled with obstacles and they are things that business owners have to deal with.

I agree 100%, it’s inevitable that there’ll be some sort of obstacle, no business is all smooth sailing.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Same case with me. it happend with new buyers. They are fully satisfied but 4 star… that’s very strange. I asked one of them and he said " you cannot get 100% from me" although i’m perfect.
Another buyer gave feedback that “im perfect in communication, making him satisfied and he ll use again” but gave 4 start… that was also a new buyer… so idk why they do so… But still i always do my best for my services.

Same case with me. it happend with new buyers. They are fully satisfied but 4 star… that’s very strange. I asked one of them and he said " you cannot get 100% from me" although i’m perfect.

Another buyer gave feedback that “im perfect in communication, making him satisfied and he ll use again” but gave 4 start… that was also a new buyer… so idk why they do so… But still i always do my best for my services.

I asked one of them and he said " you cannot get 100% from me"

Currently it’s best not to ask buyers why they gave a particular rating/review. It might risk a warning.

I asked one of them and he said " you cannot get 100% from me"

Currently it’s best not to ask buyers why they gave a particular rating/review. It might risk a warning.

I just want to make sure buyer is completly satisfied with my services. And he was satisfied without any objection.

you are so lucky that you get buyers and do work . Congratulation hope you doing good .

my bad luck i have no buyer any trick? wish you doing good in future

There is no trick, Give best presentation with your portfolio in your gigs which you are capable for with appropiate description of your skills.

Archived