Non-mutual order cancellation

That does not address my point, Can you buy that MacBook and get your money back without returning the laptop? Or do you have to ship the laptop back and then Apple issues the refund.

Can you buy that MacBook and get your money back without returning the laptop?

You are talking about a retail business. This is different. You cannot compare Apple with fiverr in terms of what their agreements with credit card processors are.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can you buy that MacBook and get your money back without returning the laptop?

You are talking about a retail business. This is different. You cannot compare Apple with fiverr in terms of what their agreements with credit card processors are.

You say that, but I am not sure. Where is it written that retail is different vs services as far as fraud? You can certainly compare apple with Fiverr. It has nothing to do with size, it has to do with the specific terms of the contracts negotiated between all parties involved. Does Apple have better lawyers, probably. But that comes right back to my original point. They need to improve the terms.

You say that, but I am not sure. Where is it written that retail is different vs services as far as fraud? You can certainly compare apple with Fiverr. It has nothing to do with size, it has to do with the specific terms of the contracts negotiated between all parties involved. Does Apple have better lawyers, probably. But that comes right back to my original point. They need to improve the terms.

Where is it written that retail is different vs services as far as fraud?

You would need to get specifics from the underwriters but it seems obvious that credit card processing companies would be fighting to get to service them. Fiverr, not as much.

Where is it written that retail is different vs services as far as fraud?

You would need to get specifics from the underwriters but it seems obvious that credit card processing companies would be fighting to get to service them. Fiverr, not as much.

So when I ask you for specifics on your theories, you say, I need to get specifics from the underwriters. MC is is ok to just say, I really don’t know.

So when I ask you for specifics on your theories, you say, I need to get specifics from the underwriters. MC is is ok to just say, I really don’t know.

If you can’t see the difference between Apple and fiverr I can’t explain it to you.

This has over 100,000 independent sellers. There are a lot of problems with lots of these sellers.

I had one too the other day. After a 5 star glowing review, then 30 days later message order cancelled. Well since I do video and I had the company name I checked and they were using the video on Facebook and Youtube. So I sent takedown notices to both and in less than 12 hours the buyer no longer had the video. Of course I will check in case they try to sneak it online again.

I agree. They need to take notes from sites like Amazon and Ebay. The amount of vendors doesn’t really matter. If you buy from Amazon, and initiate a chargeback, you’re not keeping your product.

There are sellers on here who actually sell tangible goods. They are at risk probably the most because they lose the sale and shipping cost.

I don’t know if its been said already but it’s possible to get your money back. I’ve seen it happen. Contact support with all the information and proof of delivery.

Here’s a success story:

Hello, I’ve read a few stories about the horrors of buyer chargebacks here and just wanted to add my experience! This morning I received my very first chargeback, for an order that was completed a month ago (and the buyer had given a 5 star review back when I completed it). I emailed customer service right away after being notified that the order was cancelled and the funds had been returned to the buyer. They just got back to me now and have returned the money to my account! They’re also inves…

If you can’t see the difference between Apple and fiverr I can’t explain it to you.

This has over 100,000 independent sellers. There are a lot of problems with lots of these sellers.

I can’t explain it to you.

I agree. You cannot. I would like someone who is a banking attorney to address this.

I agree. You cannot. I would like someone who is a banking attorney to address this.

You need the underwriting department of credit card processors. They are the ones who deal with this. This site has thousands of independent sellers many of whom don’t deliver what they offer. Apple is a retail merchant so it probably does not have the percentage of chargebacks fiverr has.

This is about risk management, which is what underwriters do.

You need the underwriting department of credit card processors. They are the ones who deal with this. This site has thousands of independent sellers many of whom don’t deliver what they offer. Apple is a retail merchant so it probably does not have the percentage of chargebacks fiverr has.

This is about risk management, which is what underwriters do.

Does that mean it is absolutely impossible to remedy on any level? If so why?

Does that mean it is absolutely impossible to remedy on any level? If so why?

If fiverr wants to be able to continue to get credit card processing then they are at the mercy of the credit card processing companies as far as how they conduct themselves regarding chargebacks. So they probably cannot contest them in general.

Because this is a much riskier business for them than Apple, they do not have the power of negotiations that Apple has.

If fiverr wants to be able to continue to get credit card processing then they are at the mercy of the credit card processing companies as far as how they conduct themselves regarding chargebacks. So they probably cannot contest them in general.

Because this is a much riskier business for them than Apple, they do not have the power of negotiations that Apple has.

How do you determine that?

How do you determine that?

As I said, this is thousands of sellers of all types many of whom do not deliver what they said they would. Therefore this site has more chargebacks and is much riskier.

Which company do you think has more unhappy buyers, Apple or fiverr?

As I said, this is thousands of sellers of all types many of whom do not deliver what they said they would. Therefore this site has more chargebacks and is much riskier.

Which company do you think has more unhappy buyers, Apple or fiverr?

I understand what you are saying. I am asking you to demonstrate the validity of the opinion with a fact or two.

I understand what you are saying. I am asking you to demonstrate the validity of the opinion with a fact or two.

Which site has more unhappy buyers, Apple or fiverr? Use common sense.

Which company is more likely to have a high number of chargebacks, both legitimate and fraudulent, Apple or fiverr?

I would like someone who is a banking attorney to address this.

I’m not one. 😬

Call Judge Judy! 😂

or

better-call-saul.jpg.45e32647f45d9437e71da3d3e8cb9ba0.jpg

Anyway, Sellers/Buyers wouldn’t have that kind of data/knowledge needed to confirm. Unless the person has insider info or something. None of us knows what’s going on behind the scenes in Fiverr HQ or their legal team.

It’s just too complicated!

Which site has more unhappy buyers, Apple or fiverr? Use common sense.

Which company is more likely to have a high number of chargebacks, both legitimate and fraudulent, Apple or fiverr?

How do you determine that because of that (made up fact) that it is the reason why fiverr attorneys cannot renegotiate the deal with PayPal. Please be specific. And some common sense would be great too

How do you determine that because of that (made up fact) that it is the reason why fiverr attorneys cannot renegotiate the deal with PayPal. Please be specific. And some common sense would be great too

Ok then if you think that it is an equal number of chargebacks between fiverr and Apple that is your opinion.

It is not attorneys who do this btw.

I would like someone who is a banking attorney to address this.

I’m not one. 😬

Call Judge Judy! 😂

or

better-call-saul

Anyway, Sellers/Buyers wouldn’t have that kind of data/knowledge needed to confirm. Unless the person has insider info or something. None of us knows what’s going on behind the scenes in Fiverr HQ or their legal team.

It’s just too complicated!

BINGO. Sometimes it is best to simply admit that you are not an expert in a particular area and let someone with facts address it.

Ok then if you think that it is an equal number of chargebacks between fiverr and Apple that is your opinion.

It is not attorneys who do this btw.

Ok, then please tell me the process if the fiverr CEO wants to renegotiate banking contracts.

Archived