Buyer doesn't want to pay, says he no longer needs the work

trooviez9

Some buyers are just a pain in the **s. He asked me to provide him with an outline, never gave any specific instructions about what he wanted included. I asked him for more specific details even after he placed the order but he was just mute (I could see he was online). Now I went ahead and delivered a general outline as the brief conversation we had via inbox. Three days later just before the order autocompletes, he comes back saying he will cancel the delivery but extend the delivery time so he can get more details for the project. I agreed.
Ten days have passed, so I redelivered the work telling him to send the details now if he has them. He then requests to cancel saying he no longer needs the work.

Surely, my time and resources should be compensated, shouldn’t they?

What do I do?

I am sorry this is a terrible experience. I also had such experience in past. Better ask them to provide specific instructions at the very first time. If he is unable to provide just forget that order and cancel it rather than wasting your time and effort. I don’t think Fiverr CS compensate you. It is just a market place and it makes just a platform to meet sellers and buyers. Nothing more.

Wish you good luck with future orders.

I am sorry this is a terrible experience. I also had such experience in past. Better ask them to provide specific instructions at the very first time. If he is unable to provide just forget that order and cancel it rather than wasting your time and effort. I don’t think Fiverr CS compensate you. It is just a market place and it makes just a platform to meet sellers and buyers. Nothing more.

Wish you good luck with future orders.

It’s heartbreaking considering that he even pressured me to complete the work in 24 hours. That night, I didn’t sleep.

The only thing you can do is to be patient. Sometimes it happens.

If you really think it was cheating, you can then complain to Fiverr Fraud and risk Team, hope they will do something and it won’t happen again.

complain to Fiverr Fraud and risk Team

I contacted CS so I’m waiting for their response.

Some buyers are just a pain in the **s. He asked me to provide him with an outline, never gave any specific instructions about what he wanted included. I asked him for more specific details even after he placed the order but he was just mute (I could see he was online). Now I went ahead and delivered a general outline as the brief conversation we had via inbox. Three days later just before the order autocompletes, he comes back saying he will cancel the delivery but extend the delivery time so he can get more details for the project. I agreed.

Ten days have passed, so I redelivered the work telling him to send the details now if he has them. He then requests to cancel saying he no longer needs the work.

What do I do?

What do I do?

You simply reply with this.

When you joined fiverr, you agreed to their “terms of service” (TOS) which is very clear as to why this order is not eligible to be cancelled. It states:

“Orders are not eligible to be cancelled based on the quality of service/materials delivered by the seller if the service was rendered as described in the Gig page. Buyers may rate their experience with the seller on the order page, including the overall level of service quality received.”

That’s it, then just refuse. Keep sending that every time they ask.

What do I do?

When you joined fiverr, you agreed to their “terms of service” (TOS) which is very clear as to why this order is not eligible to be cancelled. It states:

“Orders are not eligible to be cancelled based on the quality of service/materials delivered by the seller if the service was rendered as described in the Gig page. Buyers may rate their experience with the seller on the order page, including the overall level of service quality received.”

Thanks @newsmike . Let me wait and see what the CS will say.

What do I do?

Grr. I hate reading stuff like this where Seller’s are being taken advantage of. Yep! You should be compensated for the work you’ve completed. Having a change of ❤️ doesn’t equate to a refund.

It’s heartbreaking considering that he even pressured me to complete the work in 24 hours. That night, I didn’t sleep.

Ungrateful, it’s another reason why you should get paid for the work.

Sorry, this happened to you. Keep us updated!

Grr. I hate reading stuff like this where Seller’s are being taken advantage of. Yep! You should be compensated for the work you’ve completed. Having a change of ❤️ doesn’t equate to a refund.

Ungrateful, it’s another reason why you should get paid for the work.

Sorry, this happened to you. Keep us updated!

Grr. I hate reading stuff like this where Seller’s are being taken advantage of

Hang on Queen Bee, take it easy now. 😎

This one ain’t over yet. BTW, OP, CS will tell you to work it out with the customer. They are not a lot of help on these issues, which is why you have to get good at telling then they have a choice between:

1. No
  2. Hell No.

What do I do?

I need my honey 🐝

complain to Fiverr Fraud and risk Team

I told to CS once, when I was cheated, But they told me that Team Fraud and risk handle such kinda quires.

Does any body knows how can I contact to them.

or just CS will forward my complains to them?

It sounds like you did not deliver the finished product. In this case, in spite of you doing some of the work, he should get a refund.

If you deliver anything but what you said you would deliver in the gig description, even if it was his fault you did not deliver the final product, he should get a refund.

Based on what you delivered which was not the final product, agree to cancel.

What do I do?

Hi Newsmike,

Thank you for sharing your valuable insights. But, what if they leave negative feedback if I keep on declining there Cancellation request?

Thanks,

Sanjay

Hi Newsmike,

Thank you for sharing your valuable insights. But, what if they leave negative feedback if I keep on declining there Cancellation request?

Thanks,

Sanjay

But, what if they leave negative feedback if I keep on declining there Cancellation request?

That is a concern but given the choice of working for free, or taking the feedback, while keeping their money, I’ll take my hard earned pay every time.

It’s like not allowing someone to eat at your restaurant for free just because they are threatening to leave bad feedback on Yelp. Besides, if they leave bad feedback, you get to respond and call them a low life, dirt eating, ass-headed loser. Or even something insulting if you are so inclined.

Hi Newsmike,

Thanks,

Sanjay

But, what if they leave negative feedback if I keep on declining there Cancellation request?

If you only delivered an outline, and that was what your gig description said you would deliver, then just keep the money and don’t worry about it.

If the GIG DESCRIPTION said you would deliver something more then he should get a refund. You did not deliver what you were supposed to deliver. It does not matter if it was his fault.

If you only delivered an outline, and that was what your gig description said you would deliver, then just keep the money and don’t worry about it.

If the GIG DESCRIPTION said you would deliver something more then he should get a refund. You did not deliver what you were supposed to deliver. It does not matter if it was his fault.

@misscrystal is correct. My advice comes with the understanding that you provided what was in the gig description precisely. If you fell short, agree to the cancel and learn from it.

That is a concern but given the choice of working for free, or taking the feedback, while keeping their money, I’ll take my hard earned pay every time.

It’s like not allowing someone to eat at your restaurant for free just because they are threatening to leave bad feedback on Yelp. Besides, if they leave bad feedback, you get to respond and call them a low life, dirt eating, ass-headed loser. Or even something insulting if you are so inclined.

Thank you so much for your reply. It makes sense. Over the years working on Fiverr, I have learned that you can not keep every client happy. There are going to be clients, for whom no matter what you do, who still want to cancel the order. So, it makes sense to keep the money and accept the negative feedback.

Yes, that is absolutely correct. I agree 100%. I always deliver what is promised in the GIG.

It sounds like you did not deliver the finished product. In this case, in spite of you doing some of the work, he should get a refund.

If you deliver anything but what you said you would deliver in the gig description, even if it was his fault you did not deliver the final product, he should get a refund.

Based on what you delivered which was not the final product, agree to cancel.

deliver anything but what you said you would deliver in the gig description,

I delivered the order as per the gig description and as per the instructions given by the client at the time. Even the CS agreed with me that I delivered what the client wanted. Here’s their message:

"Hi there,

Thank you for contacting us. I’m sorry to hear that you’ve had difficulties with your buyer. I reviewed the order, and I see that you’ve delivered work and modifications per the buyer’s request.

However, we cannot force your buyer to accept the order if they have issues with it, so you will need to persuade the buyer to accept your work, or negotiate for an agreement with your buyer.

May I recommend that you draw up a list for the buyer, showing that your work has been fully completed in accordance to their initial work requirements, and let us know how the buyer responds?

We’re here if you have any further questions or concerns."

deliver anything but what you said you would deliver in the gig description,

I delivered the order as per the gig description and as per the instructions given by the client at the time. Even the CS agreed with me that I delivered what the client wanted. Here’s their message:

"Hi there,

Thank you for contacting us. I’m sorry to hear that you’ve had difficulties with your buyer. I reviewed the order, and I see that you’ve delivered work and modifications per the buyer’s request.

However, we cannot force your buyer to accept the order if they have issues with it, so you will need to persuade the buyer to accept your work, or negotiate for an agreement with your buyer.

May I recommend that you draw up a list for the buyer, showing that your work has been fully completed in accordance to their initial work requirements, and let us know how the buyer responds?

We’re here if you have any further questions or concerns."

I am not going to cancel this order. I am ready to take the negative review if that’s what it takes.

Grr. I hate reading stuff like this where Seller’s are being taken advantage of

Hang on Queen Bee, take it easy now. 😎

This one ain’t over yet. BTW, OP, CS will tell you to work it out with the customer. They are not a lot of help on these issues, which is why you have to get good at telling then they have a choice between:

1. No
  2. Hell No.

They are not a lot of help

They say they can’t force the buyer to accept the order so I guess the ball is in my court

They are not a lot of help

They say they can’t force the buyer to accept the order so I guess the ball is in my court

It’s confusing to be told they can’t force the buyer to accept the order.

They mean that you yourself can force the buyer to accept it by refusing to cancel.

Archived