Keep calm and stay professional - When buyers underpay

eoinfinnegan

a nice comment about how he was unsure

Well, you know - it´s so easy to miss both opportunities to understand the service explained - twice- on gig description and mini ´´package´´ description.

I do wonder sometimes if the problems are due to the gigs being mostly bought by non-English speakers and there is also the possibility that they are using Google to translate the descriptions etc.

What a good post! Thanks a lot for sharing your thoughts. I hope this post will help sellers who are bad tempered. Such issues, I just leave it back for a while and than a few minutes later I send a kind offer/message. If we reply it instantly, we cant control our temper 🙂

The only issue with that is that I am a business, finance, and technology writer and they wanted me to rewrite a short-fiction story. I have advised them I may not be the best fit…

Charge em a grand and sub it for $400.

bcfbd04d321e949d86dc162f674f3f60c5d17013.gif

Charge em a grand and sub it for $400.

giphy.gif.4f49e1a8905dbd71ad3e4c11f1ba88c6.gif

I just now had a new seller with gigs that are copies of mine ask to buy one of my gigs for $15, saying that’s all they can afford to pay. My prices start at $65.

Shame on them. I don’t know why they copy others. Why they can’t be creative? BTW what happens to them who copy others. Can Fiverr track them or they would also be ranked.

I’m curious what was the Buyer’s excuse?

“Sorry, I can’t pay you more, I have an ultralow budget.”

Had someone request a quote for a decent sized proofreading job but just under the number of words for my priced Premium package. When I sent the price for the word count, I rounded down to $5 less than the price they would have seen on the gig.

Sorry, family difficulties so I can’t afford that much”.

Ehhhh, wut? Did you think I was going to halve my advertised prices because you also decided to send me a message rather than just place the order???

Had someone request a quote for a decent sized proofreading job but just under the number of words for my priced Premium package. When I sent the price for the word count, I rounded down to $5 less than the price they would have seen on the gig.

Sorry, family difficulties so I can’t afford that much”.

Ehhhh, wut? Did you think I was going to halve my advertised prices because you also decided to send me a message rather than just place the order???

I get that a lot too… People requesting lower prices or promising “ongoing work.”

I get that a lot too… People requesting lower prices or promising “ongoing work.”

People requesting lower prices or promising “ongoing work.”

I’ve had this so many times.

“If you do this article for $5, I promise I’ll order from you again in future!”, or “We’re an up and coming business, we can’t afford your prices; do it cheaper for us and we’ll give you exposure!”

ongoing work

Had one today - can you deliver a marketing plan in 1 day, it is for a guy who has one business but can recommend us to 20 others.

Flag 1 - Obviously a reseller

Flag 2 - In a hurry so probably disorganized (NIGHTMARE for resellers)

Flag 3 - Won’t pay extra for extra fast but makes hopeless promises based on what some unknown third party might decide (Thanks for your message but I can’t help you with this. Best of luck)

I get a feeling of disgust when they tell me they have problems so they can’t pay that much. I don’t go around telling strangers I have money problems so I can’t pay the price of things so they need to sell it to me cheaper.

It does boggle the mind alright. I feel like saying Well, I have to keep my prices or I will end up with family problems too

exposure

Shudder. As if you want more people like them (which is what their referrals will be like) to come to you!

I did consider responding to an off-Fiverr client who talked about exposure about the fact that I would not charge them extra to put my name beside their business but decided against it.

Archived