What time do you work?

shifan

As a freelancer working online we have to work with clients world wide. Fast communication can be a challenge because of different time zones.

I sometimes get sleep deprived and exhausted, unable to have a normal working day.

Is there any there a way you guys overcome this problem?

🙂

As a freelancer working online we have to work with clients world wide. Fast communication can be a challenge because of different time zones.

I sometimes get sleep deprived and exhausted, unable to have a normal working day.

🙂

Um. There is no healthy way to “overcome” sleep. You need it. You can’t live without it. Obtain it when you can. You do not need to be on Fiverr 24/7.

Um. There is no healthy way to “overcome” sleep. You need it. You can’t live without it. Obtain it when you can. You do not need to be on Fiverr 24/7.

You do not need to be on Fiverr 24/7.

Actually I don’t, but I get aweken several times during sleep just to check the phone. I don’t do it purposely, I unknowingly wake up to check the phone. It makes me sleep less.

I work all night until the sun starts to come up. I’m a night 🦉

I’m a night 🦉

Same.

Are there such things as Day Owls or can we just describe ourselves as “Owls”?

Anyway, I do sometimes change it up and get up early but for the most part, midnight to 4am is my most productive time. My Fiverr work hours have changed a lot in the last few months, going from 3-5 up to 8-10 daily, if I only count billable work hours.

Actually I don’t, but I get aweken several times during sleep just to check the phone. I don’t do it purposely, I unknowingly wake up to check the phone. It makes me sleep less.

Turn off your phone at night and leave it in another room. I used to do the same when I started here but found it doesnt make any real difference to sales when I wait til the next day to respond.

Never make the mistake of confusing being “busy” with being “productive”.

You will likely find you do more in 4 hours after good sleep than you do in 8 hours after no/bad sleep. I aim for 8-10 hours/night unless I have specific projects I need to work on that cut into that time.

I do around 3 - 4 hours of billable work a day, but I am also an inveterate insomniac. That said, I only tend to work between 8AM and 6PM as I like having clear boundaries between my work life and my personal life. As @eoinfinnegan said, leave your phone in another room. Quality of sleep makes an enormous difference to quality of work 🙂

I do around 3 - 4 hours of billable work a day, but I am also an inveterate insomniac. That said, I only tend to work between 8AM and 6PM as I like having clear boundaries between my work life and my personal life. As @eoinfinnegan said, leave your phone in another room. Quality of sleep makes an enormous difference to quality of work 🙂

You look like someone who used to be around here a lot…

You look like someone who used to be around here a lot…

Awww, it’s nice to be missed! My non-Fiverr workload has reduced to a sane level again, so I am spending more time on Fiverr… Who knows, I might even post on the forums again a bit… I actually got to a state close to euphoria last Friday when I realized I did not have any work due in the next week… It’s the first time that has happened for around three months. It’s great to be busy, but I had forgotten what not working felt like.

Awww, it’s nice to be missed! My non-Fiverr workload has reduced to a sane level again, so I am spending more time on Fiverr… Who knows, I might even post on the forums again a bit… I actually got to a state close to euphoria last Friday when I realized I did not have any work due in the next week… It’s the first time that has happened for around three months. It’s great to be busy, but I had forgotten what not working felt like.

Didn’t say you were missed 😛

I am the opposite - Fiverr work has been flying and off-Fiverr work is slow.

So you are gonna be here procrastinating with us for the next week?

I nominate you to create the next fun/funny/entertaining thread.

Didn’t say you were missed 😛

I am the opposite - Fiverr work has been flying and off-Fiverr work is slow.

So you are gonna be here procrastinating with us for the next week?

I was working on an analytics thread on how the level evaluations have impacted no of sellers over the last three months. I’m not sure there’s a ton of humor in there…

I was working on an analytics thread on how the level evaluations have impacted no of sellers over the last three months. I’m not sure there’s a ton of humor in there…

Oh come on… that’s not procrastinating…

What I need is to know what type of fruit you see yourself as or what freelancing would look like for Martians, you know, some of the big questions.

🙂

I’m available always to get work done and fulfill client/customer requests, but I try to check Fiverr first thing in the morning when I get up to begin work. If I have gig orders I prefer to work on them in the morning and maybe across the afternoon. I do a lot of crafting, arting and writing, so my time is spent among all of that. I’m always busy and my schedule is crammed. Staying up to 2am is standard, unless I can’t keep my eyes open. 💤

every time your give the concern and simple solutions

Archived