Is Fiverr encouraging bad buyers by giving them 100% refund?

kumarlalit

I’ve had a refund.

Fiver can not prevent paypal dispute.

Sellers always lose.

My suggestion works at low price.

Because big money will require a great quality of service

I’ve had refunds as well. At a base level, though, I trust most of my buyers. I won’t demand that they split up a single huge order up into a ton of small orders, that’s just too much effort on both of our sides if I were to do it each time.

Because big money will require a great quality of service

I don’t know if Paypal have much to do with quality of service. Are you insinuating that you didn’t do such a great job on whatever you got a chargeback on?

Fiverr team also states, they cannot force a buyer to accept the order… it will be stuck in between… Sellers don’t want to give refund… Buyers dont’ want to pay…

Fiverr team also states, they cannot force a buyer to accept the order…

What this means is that it is up to a seller to refuse to give a refund. While they can’t force a buyer to accept an order, the seller can force them to.

On another level.
Buyers do not want to pay because they feel your service is less feasible for $ 100.

On the other hand there are buyers who cheat and do not want to pay.
Although they realize they have to pay.

Fiverr should have an immediate repair.
It’s not either a seller or a buyer.

There are some returns that can not be denied.
Big brands like amazon and clickbank also experience it

What this means is that it is up to a seller to refuse to give a refund. While they can’t force a buyer to accept an order, the seller can force them to.

While they can’t force a buyer to accept an order, the seller can force them to.

seller can convince a buyer who wants to pay… When intention of buyer is not good, seller cannot do anything except RANTING… I once had in this situation, I refused to give buyer refund, result was my 1-star review which i believed was totally unethical as I had given him everything…

While they can’t force a buyer to accept an order, the seller can force them to.

seller can convince a buyer who wants to pay… When intention of buyer is not good, seller cannot do anything except RANTING… I once had in this situation, I refused to give buyer refund, result was my 1-star review which i believed was totally unethical as I had given him everything…

When intention of buyer is not good, you cannot do anything except RANTING…

Why can’t the seller refuse to allow the buyer to cancel? Just say no!

I once had in this situation, I refused to give buyer refund, result was my 1-star review which totally unethical as I had given him everything…

So what? That’s ok, you got paid and that’s the main thing. Never be held hostage over a bad review, refuse to give refunds!

Have a backbone! I’m so tired of sellers having this mind-set that they HAVE TO GIVE REFUNDS!

Only give a refund if you did not do the job as you said you would.

I once had in this situation, I refused to give buyer refund, result was my 1-star review which totally unethical as I had given him everything…

So what? That’s ok, you got paid and that’s the main thing. Never be held hostage over a bad review, refuse to give refunds!

Have a backbone! I’m so tired of sellers having this mind-set that they HAVE TO GIVE REFUNDS!

Only give a refund if you did not do the job as you said you would.

I agree,

Have a backbone!

I agree as we rarely face such situations… But let us not forget evaluation system, on a rough month with 2-3 such buyers you can lose ranking and level…

I agree,

Have a backbone!

I agree as we rarely face such situations… But let us not forget evaluation system, on a rough month with 2-3 such buyers you can lose ranking and level…

But let us not forget evaluation system, on a rough month with 2-3 such buyers you can lose ranking and level…

If you are at that point then you need to change how you are doing something.

But if we refuse to give a refund (which I just did with a buyer who refused to pay for a $160 order that I completed very well but he accused me of deleting two pages, which I never received from him), then the order gets stuck in modification and dispute hell. He asked me to modify, I re-delivered with an explanation that I never received the pages he accused me of deleting and asked him to send them, he asked for a modification again without sending me the pages to edit, then I re-delivered again, same story several times until he opened a dispute to cancel. I refused to cancel, again explaining I’d done the editing for him and had no way to know he wasn’t just scamming me. I also opened a Customer Support ticket on this, and Fiverr support could only say they can’t make a buyer pay when buyer isn’t satisfied, and that I should make a list of what I’d done for the buyer and send it to him. Buyer again asked for modification, I sent the list as per Fiverr support’s advice. Finally, after a week of going round and round with this jerk, I accepted his second cancellation dispute because it wasn’t about the money any more. I just needed to get this guy out of my life.

If this had kept going on and I kept refusing to cancel, it would have been an endless cycle and eventually I would have been penalized for not completing an order. It’s a no-win for sellers when buyers find ways to scam you for free work.

But if we refuse to give a refund (which I just did with a buyer who refused to pay for a $160 order that I completed very well but he accused me of deleting two pages, which I never received from him), then the order gets stuck in modification and dispute hell. He asked me to modify, I re-delivered with an explanation that I never received the pages he accused me of deleting and asked him to send them, he asked for a modification again without sending me the pages to edit, then I re-delivered again, same story several times until he opened a dispute to cancel. I refused to cancel, again explaining I’d done the editing for him and had no way to know he wasn’t just scamming me. I also opened a Customer Support ticket on this, and Fiverr support could only say they can’t make a buyer pay when buyer isn’t satisfied, and that I should make a list of what I’d done for the buyer and send it to him. Buyer again asked for modification, I sent the list as per Fiverr support’s advice. Finally, after a week of going round and round with this jerk, I accepted his second cancellation dispute because it wasn’t about the money any more. I just needed to get this guy out of my life.

If this had kept going on and I kept refusing to cancel, it would have been an endless cycle and eventually I would have been penalized for not completing an order. It’s a no-win for sellers when buyers find ways to scam you for free work.

If this had kept going on and I kept refusing to cancel, it would have been an endless cycle

I wouldn’t have cancelled ever but everyone is different.

If this had kept going on and I kept refusing to cancel, it would have been an endless cycle

I wouldn’t have cancelled ever but everyone is different.

I don’t know what would have happened if I hadn’t cancelled, but I imagine we would have kept going round and round with modification requests and re-deliveries (with the order going late, wouldn’t that affect my stats?), and disputes. I didn’t see any reasonable end in sight, and Customer Support doesn’t seem to be able to do anything to help sellers.

I don’t know what would have happened if I hadn’t cancelled, but I imagine we would have kept going round and round with modification requests and re-deliveries (with the order going late, wouldn’t that affect my stats?), and disputes. I didn’t see any reasonable end in sight, and Customer Support doesn’t seem to be able to do anything to help sellers.

I didn’t see any reasonable end in sight,

I would never have stopped resending it. They want to wear you down and win. They wouldn’t with me. As long as I knew I completed the order correctly I would be much more stubborn than them.

I agree,

Have a backbone!

But let us not forget evaluation system, on a rough month with 2-3 such buyers you can lose ranking and level…

Would you rather lose money?

So I can’t give my buyers such an offer as $10

$10 was the price of 2 gig extra. Thus I wanted to refund all his unintended order. Your case may be different than me. You will decide accordingly.

I just tried to explain if you want, you can keep your money declining buyer’s dispute.

Yes. I’ve had it happen before. It will effect your cancellation rating.

Any cancellation for any imaginable reason WILL effect your monthly statistics.

I agree,

Have a backbone!

Levels mean nothing to ranking. I have no level.

with the order going late, wouldn’t that affect my stats?

The cancellation affects your stats, too.

The solution is simple… don’t accept the cancellation request. if you did the work according to the terms of the order, the terms of Fiverr, and according to what the buyer requested, then you should get paid for that work.

Fiverr’s TOS specifically states: “Orders are not eligible to be cancelled based on the quality of service/materials delivered by the seller if the service was rendered as described in the Gig page.”

I recommend that you read the Terms of Service. You can find it linked from the bottom of any Fiverr site page.

I don’t think you have faces any type of this issue before, fiverr wil cancel order without telling you to accept or decline.

with the order going late, wouldn’t that affect my stats?

The cancellation affects your stats, too.

Yes, but delivering late just seems totally unacceptable to me. Have never done it in 3.5 years and hope never to. Cancellations have always been the buyer’s fault, so I’ll deal with those. And I’m at 98% there so am not worried about it for now.

If this had kept going on and I kept refusing to cancel, it would have been an endless cycle and eventually I would have been penalized for not completing an order.

Not necessarily. Unless things have changed, you have FORTY-EIGHT hours to respond to a cancellation request. After it’s requested, wait FORTY-SIX hours or so and then refuse it. If they try again, WAIT. The order will AutoComplete before the second forty-eight hours has passed. Easy-peasy!

If this had kept going on and I kept refusing to cancel, it would have been an endless cycle and eventually I would have been penalized for not completing an order.

Not necessarily. Unless things have changed, you have FORTY-EIGHT hours to respond to a cancellation request. After it’s requested, wait FORTY-SIX hours or so and then refuse it. If they try again, WAIT. The order will AutoComplete before the second forty-eight hours has passed. Easy-peasy!

Unless things have changed, you have FORTY-EIGHT hours to respond to a cancellation request. After it’s requested, wait FORTY-SIX hours or so and then refuse it. If they try again, WAIT. The order will AutoComplete before the second forty-eight hours has passed. Easy-peasy!

I like the way you think. 👍

There should be a simpler method to help sellers for requesting partial refunds. i have faced many full refund situations since 2013. and i dont even want to do the math and add in how many hours me and my team wasted on fully completing most of those projects.

After all, FIVERR is made up with thousands of sellers who do work for good and bad buyers both. So we hold the most of the hefty weight on our backs as sellers. Buyers just come and go.

🙂

Unless things have changed, you have FORTY-EIGHT hours to respond to a cancellation request. After it’s requested, wait FORTY-SIX hours or so and then refuse it. If they try again, WAIT. The order will AutoComplete before the second forty-eight hours has passed. Easy-peasy!

yet… some just request modficiations and cancellations on the very last second !😉

That’s good to know, thank you! I may try that if, god forbid, something like this happens again. In 3.5 years on Fiverr, this is the first buyer who has refused to pay me and he was very much a bully. My only consolation is the karma’s on him…I did my best.

Archived