How do I get sales?

brampierik

Hey Bram, welcome to the forum.
Can I ask why you offer English V/O when there is such huge competition for that? I would suggest you offer Dutch as the competition will be less and there also seems to be a good number of Dutch people who buy on Fiverr. A quick check tells me that there are only 4 Dutch V/O sellers on Fiverr, 2 of which have minimum prices of $125, so there is definitely space or one there.
Compare that to a couple of thousand who offer English VO.

Welcome. You need to remove your off Fiverr contact details from your profile description as that is against the Terms of Service which you will find at the bottom of the Fiverr main page.

Read the forum for tips and be patient. Some sellers take months to get their first order.

Good luck! 🙂

Okay thanks I didn’t knew it was against terms of service , sorry (I’m a newbie)

as always suggested by you

Yes, this is always “suggested by me”. And I suggest it, “always”, because this is what sellers should be doing. Even Fiverr is set up to encourage self-responsibility. Sellers are responsible for maintaining, growing and promoting their own services. It is NOT Fiverr’s responsibility to make sellers successful.

You can complain about my repeated advice on the forums, but that doesn’t make my advice any less true or appropriate. Build your own business, don’t expect Fiverr or anyone else to do it for you.

Yes, this is always “suggested by me”. And I suggest it, “always”, because this is what sellers should be doing. Even Fiverr is set up to encourage self-responsibility. Sellers are responsible for maintaining, growing and promoting their own services. It is NOT Fiverr’s responsibility to make sellers successful.

You can complain about my repeated advice on the forums, but that doesn’t make my advice any less true or appropriate. Build your own business, don’t expect Fiverr or anyone else to do it for you.

I’m not complaining about anything.

don’t be offended by every comment

Your, “you always say that” (paraphrased) comment read EXACTLY like a complaint. it was unnecessary, and I responded to it as such.

The only thing I am offended by, is sellers who don’t want to listen to wisdom and advice. I write what I do to help people. The reason I keep writing the same thing is because people don’t want to hear that hard work is required. They want the easy answer, but there are no easy answers. Freelancers on Fiverr must do work to earn their success.

You have 510 reviews here on Fiverr. Surely you understand my point.

Your, “you always say that” (paraphrased) comment read EXACTLY like a complaint. it was unnecessary, and I responded to it as such.

The only thing I am offended by, is sellers who don’t want to listen to wisdom and advice. I write what I do to help people. The reason I keep writing the same thing is because people don’t want to hear that hard work is required. They want the easy answer, but there are no easy answers. Freelancers on Fiverr must do work to earn their success.

You have 510 reviews here on Fiverr. Surely you understand my point.

I do understand your point and many times i’ve spoken in favour of it.

sellers need to take care of their business on their own.

when you see a drop in sale you should try to promote your self

show yourself in market

register your presence

you always advice this to all sellers and I must say I took your advice and worked on it.

it always helps me when the traffic is down

all I meant to say is:

it’s a very true fact and a great advice

I do understand your point and many times i’ve spoken in favour of it.

sellers need to take care of their business on their own.

when you see a drop in sale you should try to promote your self

show yourself in market

register your presence

you always advice this to all sellers and I must say I took your advice and worked on it.

it always helps me when the traffic is down

all I meant to say is:

it’s a very true fact and a great advice

I’m glad to hear this. I am equally glad to hear that we are on the same page, and that my repeated advice in the past has helped you to become the successful seller that you are now.

My apologies if I misread the original intent behind your first comment. After dealing with so many other “I can’t do this, do it for me” new sellers today, the context of your “you always say this” comment sounded a bit like a snarky dig at me. I am glad to hear that that wasn’t the case. 🙂

I’m glad to hear this. I am equally glad to hear that we are on the same page, and that my repeated advice in the past has helped you to become the successful seller that you are now.

My apologies if I misread the original intent behind your first comment. After dealing with so many other “I can’t do this, do it for me” new sellers today, the context of your “you always say this” comment sounded a bit like a snarky dig at me. I am glad to hear that that wasn’t the case. 🙂

I appreciate you keep telling everyone the facts and the hard truth which is usually difficult to accept.

hopefully people will start to understand someday

On 4/30/2018 at 8:11 PM, iamprime said:

I appreciate you keep telling everyone the facts and the hard truth which is usually difficult to accept.

Thank you. 🙂 

On 4/30/2018 at 8:11 PM, iamprime said:

hopefully people will start to understand someday

I hope so too. I want people to succeed. But for many new sellers on this forum to be able to start succeeding, they need to stop expecting Fiverr to be a money tree, and realize that they have to work hard, and even sacrifice, to earn their success.

Success never, ever comes free or cheap. 🙂 

success needs a lot of hard work
we have sellers and buyer from every part of the world
many of the sellers and buyers have a lot of time difference
to be successful you need to stay alert all the time to keep your communication quick, understand when you’re getting more chat, adjust your other daily routine accordingly.

being a freelancer is not an easy job
and to be successful you need to work very hard

• 3 weeks later...

Archived