What would you want to see in a documentary about digital entrepreneurship?

mchall

I’m a producer and filmmaker. My partner and I are working on a documentary and would love to know your thoughts about what we should include.

What’s the #1 thing you’d like to see in a documentary about digital entrepreneurship? Thanks so much! 🙂

Success stories & how people achieved said success.

I don’t know if this is something others notice, but I feel like a lot of people who achieve digital success keep the secrets close to their hearts. Not that this is necessarily a bad thing, because people aren’t obligated to share their secrets if they don’t want to, but it’d be cool to hear from people how they achieved their successes online.

Practical advice.

Something I’ve noticed as a blogger is that people often leave vague advice about how to replicate their results, like, “Just share your business on social media!” without going into detail about how they did this, or what aspects of the social media websites they utilised the most. It’s very selective to a degree, and people will achieve success through different methods, but it’d be cool to hear how people have achieved their success through practical advice.

Lessons learned through failures.

Every digital entrepreneurs have failed when trying to succeed at something, and learnt lessons in the process. One thing I did was complete work in advance, only to never receive payment. The amount of time I worked for free was definitely something I will never do again until I see payment beforehand, or at least a degree of payment paid in advance on larger projects. It’d be interesting to hear of lessons others have learnt along their own journey’s.

• 2 weeks later...

Success stories & how people achieved said success.

I don’t know if this is something others notice, but I feel like a lot of people who achieve digital success keep the secrets close to their hearts. Not that this is necessarily a bad thing, because people aren’t obligated to share their secrets if they don’t want to, but it’d be cool to hear from people how they achieved their successes online.

Practical advice.

Something I’ve noticed as a blogger is that people often leave vague advice about how to replicate their results, like, “Just share your business on social media!” without going into detail about how they did this, or what aspects of the social media websites they utilised the most. It’s very selective to a degree, and people will achieve success through different methods, but it’d be cool to hear how people have achieved their success through practical advice.

Lessons learned through failures.

Every digital entrepreneurs have failed when trying to succeed at something, and learnt lessons in the process. One thing I did was complete work in advance, only to never receive payment. The amount of time I worked for free was definitely something I will never do again until I see payment beforehand, or at least a degree of payment paid in advance on larger projects. It’d be interesting to hear of lessons others have learnt along their own journey’s.

This is wonderful, thank you!

Archived